Here are some sample job advertisements for this type of role:
Inc.5000 award winner: One of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US!
Ranked #1 by NJ Biz as the Fastest Growing Company in NJ!
OUR ZELIS PURPOSE
We founded Zelis to help control the rising cost of healthcare and make healthcare more affordable for all of us.
The Manager, UI Design will utilize usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future design improvements. The qualified applicant will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of web sites and applications in collaboration with business users and IT. Responsibilities include developing usability test plans and scripts, conducting tests, test analysis, reporting of the results and managing outsourced resources as needed. This position does not involve any programming.
- Plan, moderate and scribe focus groups, remote and one-on-one usability sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback
- Present findings and recommendations in a plan that drives future design improvements
- Generate wireframes (paper or electronic “sketches”) and prototypes as needed
- Collect testing needs from internal clients, and determine priorities that are consistent with business goals and objectives
- Manage outsourced resources/teams
- Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning
- Assist in ethnographic research projects employing observational techniques to better understand user motivations, behaviors and needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Experience with an extensive variety of Usability research tools and methods (especially user-centered design processes), and involvement in running a variety of tests (Axure,Balsamiq, indesign)
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations and also putting them at ease
- Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations
- Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful data
- Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills with web application implementations
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be self-directed with effective time management skills
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating meaningful analysis to help drive product development initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in bridging the gap between technical and non-technical teams to produce valuable tools and information
- Demonstrated expertise in research and development of claims integrity strategies
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize CMS, MS Office applications as well as analytics tools
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature in which judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or MA/MS in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Human Factors as a Usability Analyst, Usability Support Analyst or similar role in a professional environment.
NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is the leading local public health department in the nation. The Division of Information Technology, Bureau of Application Development and Database Administration is seeking talented User Interface Designer who will help our systems be more than functional. This position would be the team’s first UI Designer.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about working with developers from the ground up, help us change our software development life cycle to incorporate user design and experience during the requirements and design phase of the project.
This UI designer position would work closely with cross functional team of project managers, developers, and communications staff to:
- Create, communicate and present interactive wireframes/prototypes based on requirements
- Incorporate usability and visual design early in the design phase of the project
- Help developers integrate the visuals into their projects
- Ensure our systems are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Develop a library of reusable UI designs, layouts, etc. for rapid prototyping and for developers to easily reuse.
- Approach projects using mobile-first design techniques.
- Analyze our portfolio of existing systems and create concepts to revamp the user interface design.
- Educate and help change the perspective of technical staff such as developers and other non-designers on design systems and principles.
- Manage one or two part-time interns/college aids.
- The candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in creating wireframes, prototypes, workflows, etc.
- The candidate should have 3-5 years of experience design interfaces for web-based products.
- Solid understanding of design principles and strong understanding and of web design and web architecture
- Experience in successfully educating and influencing technical staff such as developers and other non-designers on design systems and principles.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries.
- A current portfolio of design work that demonstrates thoughtfulness and attention to details.
- Strong communication skills with ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Health benefits
- Starting 15 vacation days
- Starting 10 sick days
- 11 holidays
Working hours (Mon-Fri 35 hours/week)
The NYC Health Department is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $91,499.00 /year
- Work with UI developers and customers to develop, revise and improve web user interface with human factors and usability in mind
- BS computer sciences (MS desirable) or related field
- 2 – 5 years of hands-on experience in developing user interfaces and web applications using client side technologies
- Experienced in using testing frameworks such as Protractor, Karma or Jasmine
- Experience with using Open Source Technologies for client and server side development
- Works well in an agile environment with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in working with internal and external customers
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Participate in design, development and delivery of new UI web components
- Experience in automated testing of web user interfaces
- Knowledge of scientific data analysis
- Experience in a civilian government-contracting environment
CSI is seeking a software developer to join our team in New York and help expand the user interface of new and existing CSI products. The chosen candidate shall be self-motivated and have a passion for creating elegant user interfaces.
- Create adaptive and responsive UI for existing and new features in CSI products using WPF and C#
- Design, develop, and test new features in the applications
- Implement, test, and bug-fix existing functionality
- Stay up-to-date with current and new technologies
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Strong familiarity with SOLID and Agile development principals principles
- Knowledge of the MVVM Design Pattern
- Good sense of style and usability in UI design
- Ability to implement visually compelling screens using Blend/XAML
- Experience with creation of custom control templates, dynamic resources for theming, etc.
- Strong communication skills