In this module, you will learn why you want the help of company insiders… and the reasons why company employees will help you (even if they don’t know you).
It’s a well-known fact that many people land jobs based on personal contact with a company employee. Having an inside contact at a company is a major advantage over the competition because you learn information about:
- the hiring process
- the interviewers
- how you’re doing in your interviews
- company salary information, so you don’t ask for too much or too little
- insider information about the company’s products / services, culture, goals, problems, needs, etc… so you can stand out during your interview
Most job seekers don’t actively look to establish a personal connection with a company insider because:
- They’re afraid of appearing too pushing
- They’re afraid of being turned down or rejected
- Their negative self-talk gets in the way
- They have a fear of failure
- They have a fear of success
- They don’t believe people they don’t know will really (and willingly) help them
But getting company employees (including people who don’t even know you) to help you land a job at their company is easier than you realize.