Informational Interviews are another excellent way to research a company and hiring manager to get the information you need to best position yourself to approach the hiring manager as a valuable asset.
An informational interview is an opportunity to gather insightful advice and information by asking the right questions.
Informational interviews are perfect for:
- Gathering insider information about a company’s needs, goals, challenges and opportunities – to arm you with the compelling information you need to show hiring managers why they need to hire you
- Getting insider advice and recommendations on how to land a job at a company
- Finding current and future job openings at companies
- Building insider connections who advocate to hiring managers to hire you
I recommend conducting informational interviews with every internal connection you have at each company you are targeting because:
- Many jobs are obtained through personal relationships
- The information you gain from informational interviews can be incredibly helpful to effectively position yourself for conversations with hiring managers
Here’s how to do that…