Here are sample job advertisements for Treasury roles….
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance, the Director, Treasury and Risk manages 2 full-time staff and is responsible for the overall conduct of Fordham University’s treasury management function, including cash management, the corporate card program, credit card processing, short-term investments, and debt management. The Director is also responsible for the University’s overall risk management function, including managing the insurance portfolio and coordinating the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program.
The Director’s core responsibilities will also include relationship management with vendors in this area, managing a high-performance team, continually enhancing internal controls and processes, and collaborating across an enterprise for effective outcomes. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in treasury operations with complex financial instruments, understand the operations of a sophisticated risk management apparatus, and be able to successfully create positive change through engaging a team of collaborative, disruptive, and innovative thinkers.
- Establish accounts for the University with financial institutions for the collection and receipt of money paid or donated to the University
- Develop and maintain cash flow forecasts to help manage and forecast cash positions
- Seek solutions to maximize yield through investing available cash balances in the University’s accounts in short-term investments
- Manage Fordham’s endowment unitization program, spending calculation, endowment accounts, responding to related inquiries
- Direct the planning, execution, and ongoing management of University bond issuances and other debt arrangements: prepares or updates project descriptions, and coordinates review of legal documents; verifies and updates presentation materials for credit agencies and other parties; and manages the timelines and deliverables for smooth and efficient transaction execution
- Serve as relationship manager on banking and other relevant relationships
- Manage the University’s credit card collection program, including PCI compliance, and corporate credit card administration
- Review and develop solutions to strengthen internal controls and identify unique and cost-effective means to do business better
- Establish, maintain, and continually enhance Treasury policies and controls
- Collaborate with Student Affairs and other areas to bring educational and beneficial financial solutions to students, staff, and faculty
- Administer both the operational and enterprise risk management program
- Manage the University’s portfolio of insurance policies, including general, educators’ legal, foreign, vehicle, watercraft, crime, building and contents, and continually monitor for adequacy of such policies
- Prepare insurance bid specifications based on University’s risk exposures, oversee pre- and post-bid process, negotiate best insurance coverages and pricing
- Identify, understand, assess, manage and monitor key risk challenges facing the University, including maintenance of the ERM Program
- Ascertain the University’s ability to effectively transfer risk to insurance, self-insurance programs, or to third parties through contracts, agreements, etc.
- The Director may also may perform other duties and responsibilities, as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum 10 years in roles of increasing responsibility in a complex treasury operations and risk management environment at a leading public or private sector organization
- Experience implementing technology and information systems
- Experience working directly with insurance policies
- Experience implementing an ERM program a plus
- Experience setting up international treasury arrangements for foreign branches or subsidiaries a plus
- Working knowledge of Banner Ellucian a plus
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions
- Strong managerial, team-building, motivational, and people-development skills
- Able to facilitate collaboration and build trust with senior level personnel, constituents, staff, and third parties
- Possess complete integrity and high sense of personal and professional ethics
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to multitask and manage conflicting/competing priorities
- Excellent customer relationship, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must show initiative and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be highly familiar with all Microsoft Office suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER & RESUME:
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Job Type: Full-time
- roles of increasing responsibility in treasury: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
The Senior Manager, Manager is principally responsible for ensuring adequate liquidity and performing analyses related to cash flow and investments. This includes preparation and monitoring of cash flow projections for all legal entities, monitoring and reporting on the company’s investment positions, and ensuring compliance with investment guidelines for a middle market insurance company.
- Directing and managing all Treasury Department cash management activities including receipt, disbursement, daily cash positioning, cash investing, preparation and review of electronic payments, and troubleshooting of daily transaction issues including Positive Pay, check reversals, stop payments and retrieval of check copies through on-line banking systems
- Provide timely and accurate cash flow reporting information
- Analyze and forecast cash movements in support of efficient liquidity planning
- Review investment positions and coordinate with Investment managers on liquidity planning
- Reconcile investment statements from banks against investment register and ensure investments are in conformity with investment guidelines and statutory requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate Treasury Department reporting requirements for internal accounting needs, including accurate general ledger recording of all cash management and investment transactions
- Prepare annual financial statement required disclosures for cash and investments
- Identification of and management of Treasury Department process improvement projects
- Partner with departments including Accounts Payable, Legal, Tax and IT as well as with our banking partners to support various Treasury processes and initiatives
- Maintain controls over Treasury Department processes and support organizational audit needs
- Review and enhance policies and procedures
- Perform periodic cost review and analysis of Treasury Department activities
- Development of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution
- Prior supervisory experience
- Demonstrated background in treasury, cash management, accounting and finance
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal, written)
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of banking/treasury systems
- Experience working with general ledger
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Strong knowledge of treasury and GL systems – Workday preferred
- Proficiency in accounting, reconciliation, and financial analysis
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong communication skills and an ability to effectively prioritize and problem solve across key responsibilities
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
Sr. Manager, Treasury
Are you a motivated leader ready to tackle leading a part of our global finance team? Are you highly organized, and looking for a challenge at a dynamic fast-growing company? Join our team! This is a global role based at headquarters with oversight of global treasury practices across North America, Latin America, EMEA, and APAC.Primary Responsibilities
- In-depth and broad involvement across all treasury areas, with an initial focus on Operational Improvement
- Directly manage payment operations team (dual reporting to Shared Services organization) and will work collaboratively with the corporate treasury team across various projects and daily operations
- Lead operational improvement projects, formulating policies and procedures for payment operations, letter of credit issuances, bank account openings, bank account maintenance, and other operations activities
- Lead with vision to drive strategy and help build the foundation for current and future global growth (100% YoY growth)
- Ancillary responsibilities related to cash/liquidity management, cash flow forecasting, letters of credit and debt compliance/management
- Leader and project manager in the implementation and improvement of systems (automation) for payment processing, reporting, and treasury accounting
- Improve and uphold global treasury processes for compliance and financial control, in addition to operational efficiency
Our team is seeking someone who has 8+ years of experience working in Corporate Treasury at a large multinational corporation across many geographies and currencies. Ideally they will also have…
- A strong systems/technology skillset and project management experience: ERP Systems, TMS systems (Kyriba a plus)
- A deep understanding of a wide range of finance and Treasury activities, including banking, cash and liquidity management, Capital Markets and FX
- A self-starter mentality, and ability to work independently and collaborate with all meaningful internal teams and external business partners as needed
- Ability to prioritize, lead multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics; MBA a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.