Here are sample job advertisements for a wide range of different types of Strategic Planning roles…
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with Executive Leadership to plan and develop strategic and long-range organizational goals
- Leads development of the strategic plan/framework for organization
- Assists the CEO in managing the Strategic Relationships & Partnerships to build and expand Turning Point’s Mission throughout the State of New Jersey including: payers, hospitals and physician groups
- Ensures appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards
- strategic goals
- Takes a leading role to ensure that appropriate data is used to influence decision-making,
- and that the data is of high-quality
- Prepares professional board presentations and written reports on overall organizational performance
- Prepares creative and professional presentations for external use with other providers and potential strategic relationships/ partnerships
- Stays on top of trends in substance use treatment and relevant content to promote Turning
- Point’s voice within New Jersey including: preparing position papers with timely topics for Executive Leadership
- Leads road mapping and planning for expansion of programs
- Designs performance management and progress tracking systems
- Develop strategic partnerships and referral sources in new markets identified by strategic plan
- Works with Social Media Marketing Group to track metrics, approve content and utilize social media platforms to build growth strategy and brand
- Facilitates the execution of strategic plans internally and externally
- Performs all other duties as necessary or as assigned by CEO.
- Strategy development – To be a partner for our business unit stakeholders and for Amex by informing, resolving, and driving execution of the most critical strategic initiatives
- Leadership development – To attract high-performing talent, develop their business and people leadership competencies, and transition them to be successful leaders within Amex.
- Perform analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the highest strategic priorities
- Engage business unit leaders to develop and present implementable solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Collaborate with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results
- Participate in various networking events with senior leaders across business units to build a network and a deeper understanding of the company
- Completed Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- 1-2 years post MBA work experience in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Strong problem solving abilities and quantitative aptitude; intellectual curiosity
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive change and impact
- Dedication to clients; professional services mindset
- A track record of results, and a passion for people
This role directs strategy and development of our national network product offerings, with a focus on re-designing and developing network product offerings that maximize growth in the local markets.This position will be a senior leader on the Network Product Management team and be accountable for delivering the network product strategy and design elements for our next generation value-based care networks. This role sits at the nexus of the product and network organizations with the objective of driving end-to-end product and network alignment, including performance, improvement, and innovation across the commercial segments.Fundamental Components:Ownership of new and or existing portfolio of products. Responsible for overall portfolio performance and strategic direction. Serves as a product expert across the enterprise by collaborating across leadership levels.
Leads product ideation and conceptualization efforts for new products, programs and/or product enhancements, working in close partnership with business areas
Uses in-depth knowledge and understanding of networks, market dynamics, and customer needs to deliver differentiated products and services
Optimize a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment
Tightly link our network and product offerings to create customer value and deliver better health outcomes to our members
Develop & drive an enterprise strategy for network product offerings that supports unique needs of local communities, leading the formulation, preparation, and communication of network products capable of driving local market growth
Obtain feedback from local market leadership to recommend the nature and scope of present and future network product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
Use data and analytics to inform network & product design, and performance improvement opportunities
Drive disciplined network product portfolio management process that balances the demands of innovation with the rationalization of existing network and product offerings
Lead cross-functional teams to develop multi-year product roadmaps that are aligned with local market strategies, business growth needs, and provider system capabilities
Ensure clear stakeholder alignment and Manage all key stakeholder expectations and deliverables
Redefine our programs and services to complement that help value-based providers perform, create member satisfaction, and improve member health outcomes
Provides information for management by stimulating strategic thinking in support of short-term and long-term business objectives
Partners with enterprise marketing, sales, and local market teams to introduces and market new products by developing time-integrated plans
10+ years Managed Health Care / Health Insurance industry experience related Provider Networks, insurance and/or health products, ACO’s and Value Based Programs.
- Several years of experience in Value Based Care / Provider Network development and Provider Groups.
- Multiple years proven leadership experience setting strategic direction and influencing change that resulted in quantifiable positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior levels with an organization
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Excellent business acumen, able to present data to key decision makers.
- Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large scale initiatives requiring a high degree of collaboration
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations and across functional areas
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/MASTERY
General Business/Communicating for Impact/MASTERY
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/MASTERY
Responsible for working with senior management to coordinate and document the strategic planning process for the organization. Facilitates the deployment and implementation of the strategic plan, assists in the development of tactical and operational plans as needed. Monitors and reports on progress as indicated. At this level, the position has a greater degree of impact on the business results and typically, responsibility for managing a group of professionals.
- Maintains and updates the company’s strategic business plans, based upon policy established by the company’s senior management and board of directors.
- Oversees the implementation of and/or performs research activities designed to ensure that key environmental externalities are considered and assess.
- Partners with functional units, business units, and product lines in the development and preparation of strategic and operational and technical plans, ensuring the consistency of those plans with the broader corporate template.
- Ensures the timely integration of defined objectives and expectations. Prepares specific business plans for new products and/or service lines.
- Participates in the planning, evaluation and execution of key business alliances. Develops and implements a system of monitoring and reporting progress on established strategic and tactical objectives; evaluates and reports on alternatives when course corrections are needed. Implements new business technology opportunities to meet globalization objectives.
- Plans, schedules, facilitates and executes an annual retreat for senior management to ensure that the five year plan is maintained and updated based upon a reassessment of critical assumptions and current environmental conditions.
- Monitors expenses from and the implementation of an annual operating budget and capital budgets. Provides staff with training, direction, guidance, and feedback.
- Work Experience:
- Generally Requires 8-10 Years Work Experience
- Education Required: University/Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Project Assistant to VP Strategy Planning
Receive and screen calls, incoming mail, answer inquiries
Maintain calendar, set appointments, organize on and off campus events
Handle requests for payments, work orders, supplies, manage office space
Coordinate travel arrangements and help plan/execute group events
Support/Coordinate Innovation and Incubation initiatives
Anticipate needs and proactively explore and prepare materials required by team; identify challenges and recommend and initiate solutions
Assist in preparing presentations, reports, assessments for internal/external use
Coordinate sharing of critical info within team: Trends, Consumer Research, Industry news, Macro forces
Coordinate socialization of innovation work within Purina social platforms
Perform broad range of complex project responsibilities involving confidential or technical information; such as compiling reports, information searches, landscape analyses, competitive profiling
Help coordinate activation of annual calendar of Petcare Innovation Prize events, logistics, activities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- 2+ years’ experience in one or more of the following:
- Providing executive support in a team environment
- Collecting and analyzing data in order to validate innovative ideas
- Experience with Microsoft Office suites, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is required
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and for multiple people and balance many projects at one time with excellent organization, coordination skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Possess a learning attitude, flexibility and willingness to compromise
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Good PC knowledge and trouble-shooting skills
- Develop and execute quantitative analyses, market research, for strategic projects as well as acquisition targets.
- Develop financial and market data into actionable business models to support focused decision making by senior executives on a variety of business issues and key initiatives.
- Actively engage in value-add market, competitive, and financial analyses to answer key strategic questions as well as identify and develop new business opportunities/products; interpret results.
- Create presentation materials (excel spreadsheets, word documents, power point documents, vizio charts, etc.) that summarize data and conclusions to support discussion of key business issues by business leaders.
- Ideal candidate will bring 2+ years of analytical work experience, preferably within a management consulting firm, advisory section of national accounting firm, or in a corporate strategic planning role.
- BS/BA in Economics, Business, Engineering, Marketing or similar degree.
- Experience with online/digital businesses or software businesses strongly preferred, ideally in Health, Legal, Automotive verticals.
- Excellent research, writing and analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving a wide variety of topics.
- Ability to reconcile quantitative findings with other qualitative and strategic business information.
- Skills should include high proficiency in Excel and similar software programs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with senior management, third parties.
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity with the ability to adapt to the situation, be flexible and nimble in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Product experience is a plus.