Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
RESEARCH ANALYST (SOCIAL SCIENTIST) NF4
US Department of the Navy -Quantico, VA$75,000 – $85,000 a year –
- Identify research and program evaluation opportunities to support Marine and Family Program services and appraise their efficacy.
- Design studies and determine research methodologies including sampling plans and data analysis strategies while accounting for Marine Corps and Department of Defense policies, population limitations, and operational tempo under compressed deadlines.
- Design and norm data collection instruments such as surveys, also familiarity with creating and conducting focus group protocols and interview questions is desired, but no absolutely required.
- Serve as Primary Investigator (PI) in compliance with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Human Research Protection Program (HRPP).
- Administer surveys and collect data from Marine Corps field installations.
- Prepare data and conduct quantitative descriptive and inferential statistical analyses utilizing a variety of univariate and multivariate techniques with categorical and continuous data to examine relations between predictor and outcome variables and to determine probability utilizing SPSS software package.
- Interpret results and identify significant findings that are of interest to leadership.
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations to summarize findings and their applicability to the Marine Corps and/or improve Marine and Family Program efficiencies, translating research and evaluation implications of technical findings into terms that are easily comprehendible by a variety of stakeholders with varying degrees of research background.
- Represent the National Research Section at the base-level, across the service, and throughout the DoD and other branches of the Federal Government, as well as at professional meetings and conferences.
- Serve as the primary consultant and advisor to PIs at field installations to ensure that research efforts are ethically sound and scientifically rigorous, and that they meet the needs and objectives of the United States Marine Corps, by reviewing studies and providing informed recommendations at each stage of the HRPP approval process.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Job family (Series)0343 Management And Program AnalysisSimilar jobs
- Analysts, Program
- Business Process Consultants
- Consultants, Business Process
- Program Analysts
- RequirementsRequirementsConditions of Employment
- See Duties and Qualifications
- Education/certification certificate(s), if applicable.
- If prior military, DD214 Member Copy
How You Will Be EvaluatedYou will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.Your application/resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. This vacancy will be filled by the best qualified applicant as determined by the selecting official.
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearanceConfidentialDrug test requiredNo
- Required DocumentsRequired DocumentsVaries – Review “OTHER INFORMATION”
- BenefitsBenefitsA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. Benefits you get to enjoy while working at MCCS include but are not limited to:
- Stability of Federal Civilian Service
- People with passion for doing work that matters
- Quality of Work Life Balance
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefit Packages
- Marine Corps Exchange and Base Facility Privileges
Senior Computational Social Scientist
Two Six Labs-Arlington, VA 22203
Two Six Labs is seeking a Senior Computational Social Scientist to research and develop tools and techniques that can provide a novel understanding of social systems. Interested candidates should have demonstrated expertise in computational social science research as well as keen technical acumen.
At Two Six Labs you will join a small, multidisciplinary team of researchers from industry and academia that values cooperation and creativity. In this role you will become familiar with critical global health problems and help develop social models that can quantifiably predict a populations’ response to public health interventions.
- Understanding of the tools and methodologies for social science modeling (e.g. agent-based modeling, probabilistic programming).
- Familiarity with methods for fitting models under uncertainty (e.g. MCMC and gradient methods).
- Experience developing software for an integrated system.
- Familiarity with common programming languages and data models (e.g. Python, JSON).
- Excellent communication skills.
Successful candidates will have:
- 3+ years of work experience and/or a graduate degree in the field of computational social science.
- Understanding of common integration methodologies (e.g. containerization, devops).
- Experience in applied
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with global health challenges in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Understanding of broad machine learning and data science topics.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Qualitative Analyst (Social Scientist)
Knowesis – Interesting Work with Interesting People
Knowesis, Inc. has been providing data-driven decisions and solutions to our federal clients since 2007. Our highly qualified, customer-focused professionals are committed to providing information and advice to enable client success through holistic, thorough, thoughtful, and aligned approaches. Our clients leverage these capabilities to support their key business functions.
Knowesis is seeking an experienced Qualitative Analyst(Social Scientist) to support the Army Public Health Center(APHC).
This position is critical to the Behavioral and Social Health Outcomes Program’s mission to provide behavioral health and social outcome epidemiological support to the U.S. Army. Serves as a Social Scientist (Qualitative Analyst) with responsibility for participating in the analysis and interpretation of large amounts of qualitative data to determine themes and trends in the behavioral and social health of the U.S. Army. Public health topics include substance use disorders, suicidal behavior, sexual assault, and other areas related to behavioral and social health.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide qualitative science knowledge and support through the utilization of a variety of qualitative traditions (i.e. grounded theory, phenomenology, and case studies) and principles (design, sampling, interviewing and focus group facilitation, rigor) to conduct behavioral and social health studies or related program evaluations.
- Assists senior analysts in the coding of the qualitative interview and focus group transcripts using NVivo software and using rapid thematic analyses.
- Supports the development of recommendations regarding psychological and social threat reduction techniques.
- Serves as a member of behavioral health epidemiological field consultation teams for mixed methods, prospective and retrospective public health studies including qualitative data collection and analyses.
- Assists in the development and delivery of quality data collection tools and deliverables.
- Collaborates with team members to conduct program evaluation projects of clinical behavioral health services for the U.S. Army.
- Collaborates on the dissemination of findings through the development and execution of technical reports, scholarly manuscripts, and professional presentations about public health studies, field studies, and program evaluation projects.
- Experience with qualitative data collection is required.
- Experience facilitating interviews and focus groups is preferred.
- Experience coding and analyzing qualitative interviews and/or focus group transcripts using qualitative data analysis software is preferred.
- Experience with program evaluation is preferred.
- Travel within the U.S. and possibly outside the U.S., if required.
Work Location: Client site in Aberdeen, MD
This position requires on-site work for all or a portion of the work to be performed. The successful candidate will reside in the local area or relocate within 15 days of the start date. No relocation is authorized.
Knowesis, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
From: Knowesis Inc.Knowesis Inc.