Here are sample job advertisements to sales roles in the banking industry…
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
In the Equity Markets, trading strength, timely insights, strategic ideas, and local presence matter. We offer a broad range of products and services for Equities and Equity-linked instruments, providing clients with round-the-clock market access. Our global reach and in-depth product expertise enable us to offer highly tailored solutions that can accommodate even the most complex of trading strategies for developed and emerging markets. Our client base is diverse, and our franchise solves the challenges and services the needs of institutional clients of all types.
- Senior Sales coverage for long/short hedge fund clients
- Onboarding and prospecting key hedge fund clients to Citi
- Coverage of the client base on a day to day
- Assist other team members in strategic positioning as well as to close transactions with various internal stakeholders (structuring, trading, legal, credit and risk etc.)
Critical Success Factors:
- Improved footprint with the client base – which should translate into incremental sales credit and trading revenues for the various relevant trading desks
- Broadened responsibilities either across client types or products in the region or even across other regions
- Prior Sales experience at a financial services organization
- Good understanding of hedge fund business, Derivatives trading, and Systematic strategies
- In depth knowledge of the equity derivative products, clients and business dynamics (flow derivatives, indices, single-stock, exotics, multi asset equity derivative products)
- Broad client relationships preferred
- Experience in a client facing role working with the buy-side community
- Self-Motivated, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Degree (or equivalent) in Business or related field
- Must have or be able to obtain licenses required; Series 3, 7, 55, 63
- 5 – 10 years of alternative investments experience
- 3-5 years Sales and marketing experience
- BS / BA degree required
- Completion of Series 7 and 63
- Completion of or progress toward CFA/CAIA is a plus but not required
- Responsible for coordinating and directing treasury management activities for Dealer Financial Services clients; including development of new treasury management business, expansion of existing business relationships and maintaining current client relationships
- Ensures that other client team members are informed of client needs and of the solutions to meet those needs
- Leads pricing and negotiation of treasury products to optimize relationship profitability
- Communicates non cash management client needs to other key partners including product and support partners as appropriate
- Territory will be Northeast coverage
- Industry knowledge of auto dealerships and related companies
- Minimum of 5+ years of Treasury/Cash Management Sales experience; preferred candidates will have experience selling to Middle Market clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven ability to successfully prospect for new leads/clients
- Proven ability to develop an independent viewpoint and present a business case to support conclusions
- Ability to thrive in a high pace environment and capable of solving problems with little direction, college degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working in a team environment with an ability to help influence partners with diverse views towards a consensus
- Ability to help influence constituencies with diverse views towards consensus
- Deep knowledge of Working Capital Advisory and Treasury Management Solutions
Join Centric Bank, an American Banker 2018 Best Bank to Work For, one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in central Pennsylvania and a Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania. We’re a community bank headquartered in Enola, PA. We pride ourselves in being able to serve the needs of our customers with local loan decisions and quick turnaround times.
Cash Management Sales Officer
The Cash Management Sales Officer is responsible for the sale and support of cash management products and services to prospective clients and established customers, as well as developing new deposit and lending relationships and aiding in the delivery of Centric Bank’s “We Revolve Around You” tagline.
- Further the Centric Bank Way fundamentals, principles, practices and culture.
- Evaluate needs of potential business, non-profit, and municipal customers seeking a variety of commercial deposit services and respond with solutions designed to maximize value for the customer and the Bank.
- Attend prospect meetings and effectively communicate the Centric Bank story and/or details of proposal to win new business relationships.
- Team with implementation group to ensure successful customer transition.
- Provide post-implementation customer follow-up to ensure complete satisfaction, as well as ongoing support as needed.
- Manage a portfolio of customers and provide exceptional service to assigned clients, including various high profile deposit / fee relationships.
- Prepare response to Requests for Proposal as needed.
- Participate in various business, civic, and community functions to assist in development of new business while promoting a favorable image of Centric Bank in the market.
- Document calls and prospective customer leads in sales database and report production results to management.
- Exemplify the “We Revolve Around You” customer service philosophy by providing exceptional service to customers (internal and external) and to third party vendors.
Demonstrated Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or a minimum five (5) years’ experience selling/marketing financial service products and services related experience.
- CTP/CCM preferred.
- Documented sales, marketing and/or customer service experience with a financial institution.
- Demonstrated ability to establish an extensive business network, as well as new business referral sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, sales and public relations skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and be self-motivated and organized.
- Familiarity with M/S Office Suite for information analysis and development of customer presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of Centric Cash Management, business deposit and loan products.
- Advanced financial/analytical abilities.
- Responsible for managing relationships with the company’s existing low volume trading accounts
- Ensure the company maximizes trading volume from existing customers
- Identify additional opportunities for increasing volume and revenue from existing customer base and ensure customer satisfaction
- Achieve defined targets of volume and client retention across portfolio of accounts
- Onboard new clients to the platform
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in a relationship management or client services environment
- Experience working with an e-trading platform, FX or other financial markets software product via either a vendor or bank
- Additional Language speaking and written skills are desirable but not essential
The RM must be experienced in one or more of the following:
- Relationship Management, Sales or Operations with a background in Foreign Exchange or other financial markets
- The candidate must be a highly professional, self-motivated and organized individual with a proven track record of exceeding targets and driving revenues
- Key areas of competence are: Relationship Management, Client Services, E-trading, Business Process Management, Workflow, and Project Management
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational capabilities as well as analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS or University degree) degree or equivalent preferable
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
Has day-to-day management responsibilities for a small team. Responsible for the assignment of work to the FX Sales team in Chicago. Conducts performance management and career development processes. The Foreign Exchange Sales group supports the growth of the FX business through business development and cross-sell, supports client relationships through pricing, meetings, contract negotiations and various other relationship management functions.
1. Manages a small team of individual contributors dedicated to FX Sales, setting performance objectives, providing coaching, supporting overall development and fostering a positive, results-driven environment.
2. Additionally, manages own book of FX clients while setting overall direction for the FX Sales desk including client coverage model and calling program.
3. Engages cross-functional business units to cross-sell FX capabilities across the franchise, developing a segmented sales plan to pursue opportunities with clients in the asset servicing, corporate banking and wealth management businesses of the bank.
4. Leads the FX Sales Desk in day-to-day dealing across low-touch (indirect or automated channels) and high-touch (voice/chat, MBPs) channels.
5. Maintains an expert understanding of macro and micro drivers of FX markets such as economic data, central bank activity, regulatory changes, etc. and is comfortable explaining how these factors impact FX markets to clients and internal partners.
6. Organizes the work of the FX Sales team, assigns tasks, sets priorities and monitors all activities of the team to ensure adherence with established procedures and standards of good conduct (e.g. FX Global Code).
7. Ensures adequate staffing and expertise is present on the FX Sales desk during Chicago trading hours.
8. Participates in cross-functional business development, supporting asset servicing and other lines of business by representing FX services in RFI/RFP and due-diligence meetings.
9. Responsible for coordinating NA support for our global clients with the Global Head of FX Sales and through own initiative.
10. Works with GFX business partners to support profitable growth, analyzing resource allocation, capital usage, relationship-profitability and other metrics to support the financial goals of the business.
11. Participates in the development of marketing and products to emphasize and develop Northern Trust’s FX offering.
12. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
13. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
14. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
15. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
Knowledge / Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required: Bloomberg, FX trading systems (e.g. FXall, FX Connect, etc.)
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff.
- A College or University degree and /or relevant proven work experience is required / preferred. Minimum of 5 years of FX market experience are required / preferred. Management experience is required / preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 10 years of direct lending and credit support related experience in commercial banking
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience managing clients in a commercial bank setting.
Extensive knowledge of commercial banking products and services.
Formal bank credit training program.
Good problem solving, oral, and written communication skills.
Top individual contributor.
Possesses strong creative solution and problem solving skills.
Ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
Managing Director, Commercial Banking – Internal Audit (New York)
August 23, 2017The Managing Director, Commercial Banking will extend existing service into commercial banking. In this role, the MD is the lead on multiple engagements, responsible for all aspects of project management of assigned engagements including, but not limited to: developing project scope and project plan, plan implementation, reviewing budgets, staffing and overseeing proper delegation of assignments team members, as well as communicating findings to the management teams of the clients. The MD will serve as the main point of contact for the client to ensure the project stays on track. Projects may be of financial, operational, managerial, or strategic nature. Managing Directors also have responsibility for carrying out various Firm initiatives, including but not limited to marketing, sales, staffing, counseling, mentoring, training, and other non-billable activities.
Click Here to Apply through LinkedIn
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement project management organizational and logistical processes
- Implement project financial processes
- Establish audit scope by assessing audit risk through client meetings and business understanding
- Review all work product prior to presenting to clients
- Be an advocate for and trusted advisor to Firm clients
- Monitor project time and expenses and ensure compliance with engagement letter and Firm policies
- Analyze project economics and communicate issues to Senior Managing Director/Partner and client
- Review budget and forecasting analysis for projects
- Develop and maintain appropriate client relationships
- Perform quality assurance reviews on projects conducted by other Managing Directors
- Manage the project billing and receivables processes
- Collect receivables from clients
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Participate in marketing and sales efforts
- Cross-sell additional services at existing clients
- Educate and develop Senior Managers, Managers and Seniors
- Assist with setting Firm policies
- Participate in staffing ensuring utilization of staff
- Train, counsel and mentor staff
- Participate in other non-billable Firm initiatives
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years related experience, with a concentration in commercial banking
- Professional services experience required
- Experience producing and delivering communications to the executive level
- Project management experience
- Prior experience managing a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically with MS Office
- CPA/CIA/CISA and /or MBA preferred
- Working knowledge of commercial banking regulations and risks of small to medium size banks and other financial institutions
- Travel will be required approximately 25% of the time
Responsible for the sales, service and retention of SME deposit and credit customers with revenue $3mm-$25mm. Incumbents are responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management of an assigned portfolio of customers. Requires some supervision and guidance from more senior Relationship Managers or Business Banking Market Managers in the management and development of customer accounts.
- Participates in joint calls with business partners (i.e. Cash Management, Merchant & Payroll representatives) to develop customer relationships and support specific product sales across business lines
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Represents business banking in civic and community functions to further enhance Santander’s image and develop expanded business
- Works with internal and external auditors and corporate compliance to ensure conformity with bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulations
- Identifies evaluates, structures and documents credit transactions to ensure maximum profitability with reasonable risk
- Monitors credit quality within assigned portfolios and take action as appropriate
- Acts as primary contact for new business development that focuses on the acquisition of profitable customers
- Builds and develops customer relationships to position Santander as the bank of choice
- Cross-sells the Bank’s products and services to existing customers
- Develop a targeted COI (center of influence) list and have a detailed plan to build relationships that lead to referral business in support of goals
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience in lending
- At Least 7 Years demonstrated solid sales, presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills
- Full utilization of sales automation tools and related technologies
- Knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan collection activities.
- Learning to work independently and to leverage professional relationships within and outside the bank
- Solid knowledge of commercial banking products and services (both credit and non-credit), Santander’s Banks Credit Policy and Procedures, competitor product lines, commercial compliance regulations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
As a Senior Business Banking Relationship Manager you will expand M&T Bank’s commercial and business banking reach in the given market. Using an assigned portfolio of the most complex and/or large-dollar amount loan and/or deposit relationships with small business clients that operate within the community, you will generate new business, manage risk and credit decisions, and service existing clients.
Develop new banking relationships with business prospects and service existing business banking client base to achieve established goals. Manage the segment’s more complicated and important loan relationships. Utilize prescribed selling techniques to maximize sales opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree level of education or higher
This is an excellent opportunity to work with senior business development officers and participate in client facing opportunities in addition to more traditional sales support responsibilities within our Global Fund Services business line. Ideal candidate may have aspirations to become a full-time sales person post the necessary “on the job” training that would be provided by the team.
Responsibilities include: Delivers and successfully implements corporate marketing and sales support related programs into U.S. Bancorp sites within a specific business line or defined geographical area. Promotes corporate marketing programs to achieve full participation and success within all designated locations. Programs include marketing promotions, client communications, and other standard marketing and sales related programs. Develops market level programs which enhance corporate programs to meet unique market needs, yet adhere to corporate strategies and standards. Coordinates processes between centralized sales support, marketing and product groups to implement market level plans. Develop and cultivate relationships among industry influencers and Alternative Investment Funds.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to eight years of sales and marketing experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to travel
- Basic knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds (Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds)
- Thorough knowledge of assigned geographical area, competitive market, banking operations and U.S. Bancorp’s products and services
- Thorough knowledge of the bank’s sales and marketing program
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and creative skills
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills