Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles..
The DORM will be responsible for development, execution, and measurement of strategic and tactical yield and inventory management to maximize rooms revenue for multiple hotels via major distribution channels.
Location options for this position include: Charlotte, NC, Herndon VA, and San Francisco, CA.
- Responsible for development, execution, and measurement of strategic and tactical yield and inventory management to maximize rooms revenue for multiple hotels via major distribution channels, including the GDS, Central and On-property reservations, Website, and On line Travel Agency internet site
- Support the General Manager(s) and the Sales Team(s) of involved properties by providing pertinent information and tools to enhance the property’s sales and marketing efforts and decision making process(es).
- Identify, communicate, and execute opportunities to increase incremental revenue based on historical demand, regional, seasonal and competitive influences, by property and market, group performance across each property’s profit centers, price sensitivity by market segment, demand and reservation costs across multiple sales channels.
- With assistance from the property Director of Sales, will provide short-term and long-term rooms revenue projections, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and full-year projections.
- Set and manage appropriate yield controls to maximize each hotels revenue from all distribution channels, including CRO, GDS, Website, and Third-party channels
- Communicate sell strategies with sales and operations team(s)
- Monitor and evaluate market demand trends, including surveying the competitors strategies
- Conduct weekly Yield meetings with agenda, and recommendations for long and short term growth with each property
- Attend Sales and Marketing meetings in person and virtually based on location of involved properties.
- Provide statistical information to Executive team members at the property(ies)
- Complete and submit monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports (as requested)
- Hire, train, and supervise reservation employees and operations, daily, if applicable
- Set and ensure accurate rate (SRP) loads
- Monitor and evaluate CRO-performance on a weekly and monthly basis, including Central Agents performance, i.e. Conversion, regret, denial (statistics) etc.
- Provide reports measuring results of hotels and Sales and Marketing efforts and interpreting as needed
- Set appropriate and congruent pricing among all market segments and distribution channels
- Develop pricing strategies for all markets, by season if appropriate
- In conjunction with E-Commerce team, provide opportunity dates on calendar basis to result in incremental revenue opportunities
- Revenue Management experience in Hotels required
- Experience with Full Service Hotel Brands required
- Multiple Property (Cluster) Revenue Management experience preferred
- Previous Hilton Hotel experience preferred
- Knowledge of the GDS
- Knowledge of Internet distribution channels (business models and operations)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (PowerPoint desired)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in relationship building
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Solid communication skills
- College Degree preferred
- Effective Sales ability
- Creative thinking
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment or reserve. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 1 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
Data & Analysis
- Act as a strategic consultant to our revenue line leaders by providing data-supported insights to help them make decisions
- Prepare a suite of recurring revenue reports and build new revenue reports as needed
- Monitor and report changes across these reports
- Ensure complete and consistent data for reporting integrity
- Identify opportunities to improve current reporting formats, processes and systems
- Interpret data across vertical, and sub-vertical performance and identify levers for driving revenue growth and leverage this data to provide actionable insights to internal stakeholders
- Prepare and socialize presentations to team leaders on a regular basis.
- Work closely with business leaders to plan project deliverables and milestones
- Create a robust communication plan around projects to ensure business leaders have complete transparency around deliverables and risks
- Employ extensive and effective communication, coordination and teamwork across a group of internal customers within the Development Team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be comfortable with shifting roles and responsibilities – someone who does what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Extremely organized and able to think big picture
- Data and Results oriented with an excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple competing priorities while delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A self-starting mentality with sound judgment and an ability to anticipate needs without explicit direction
- Embodies civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking, and work ethic with an exceptional level of motivation and diligence
- Professionalism is essential as this person will frequently interact with senior leadership at the Foundation
- High EQ
- A positive, “yes and…” mentality is a must
Discrete qualifications and hard skills
- 3– 5 years professional experience in either for-profit or non-profit organizations
- Undergraduate degree in related field (this includes, but is not limited to business, marketing, analytics, economics, engineering, management)
- Experience with common workplace tools including: Salesforce, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Domo, etc) a plus
Stanford Hotels Corporation is looking for a Revenue Analyst to join their team!
The Revenue Analyst position will directly support the 2 Cluster Directors of Revenue that is responsible for a total of four properties. This position will be based out of either our Corporate office in San Francisco, CA (preferred) or at one of our Stanford Hotel Properties in the following locations: Burlingame, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Woodland Hills, CA; San Diego, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Albuquerque, NM.
The Revenue Analyst will update, process, generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports in various systems, including Hilton and Marriott’s revenue management systems, to include, but not limited to:
- Daily and Weekly Group Pick-Up Reports, Weekly Booking Pace Reports Daily and Weekly Shop Call Reports, Various Booking Pace reports (i.e.: promotions, seasonal, etc), Month-end Revenue Management, and Market Comparison Reports
- Data entry into various systems, including Excel, assist in preparation of the monthly forecast reports, monthly displacement report, monthly transient historical trend reports, monthly no-show analysis reports and Demand Calendars.
- Development of new reports, as needed, to assist in preparation for the weekly revenue management meetings or data analysis.
- Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels. Analyze and present accurate picture of trends, demand and market conditions.
- Monitor and analyze the competition daily and weekly through shop calls, the Internet to identify selling strategies and market trends. Alert Cluster Director of Revenue of emerging trends.
- Maintain and enter accurate forecast and demand information
- Maintain / monitor group inventory in CRS. Monitor /follow-up group cut-off dates in all systems.
- Accurate preparation and distribution of daily and weekly occupancy forecasts
- Provide administrative support for the Revenue Department to include
- Generate documents in Word or Excel including weekly Revenue Management Meeting minutes.
- Copying of reports for distribution and for the weekly revenue management meetings
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of experience with hotel industry revenue/reservation systems and hotel property management systems preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access Database
- Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis.
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Manages time well, correctly prioritizes and is flexible
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Analyst to join us in our NYC Headquarters. This role would be responsible for diving deep into our B2C funnel to optimize for growth and profitability. By deeply understanding how to leverage data, you would be partnering across the organization with leaders to identify and scope high impact projects. We are looking for someone who identifies as a numbers person and wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Think critically, test hypotheses, and leverage data to drive business growth
- Perform analysis in the B2C space such as understanding user journeys, price elasticity and deep dives into specific product experiments and feature launches
- Analyze marketing funnels, customer transactional data, paid media data
- Partner on creating optimization plans in service business KPIs with product and marketing
- Query databases from multiple sources into usable dashboards
- Use and interpret data by conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis to surface critical insights and trends
- Inform future product features and business strategies
- 2+ years in an analytic and strategic role (investment banking, revenue pricing analysis, and/or corporate strategy experience strongly preferred)
- Essential Skills: Expert Excel Skills, SQL, Dashboard development, business communication
- Good-to-have: Basic Statistical analysis skills (for product experimental analysis)
- Database experience around querying and managing large data sets
- Energized by juggling multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Work collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and be able to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, and are well versed in financial analysis metrics (ROI, margin, etc.)
- Communicate effectively (verbal & written) and are able to sell ideas and clearly explain findings
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners
Our growing finance team is looking for a Revenue Analyst to improve how we analyze, forecast and report on revenue performance. You will present in depth modeling to understand business trends, variance drivers and identify opportunities to add value and reduce risk. You are a problem solver and will work to automate inefficient processes. This role will collaborate with sales operations, executive leadership and help the business align on data standards and principles.
In collaboration and under the guidance of the FP&A team you will:
- Conduct and present in-depth analyses to understand root causes of business trends and pinpoint operational opportunities to add value
- Summarize results of revenue and related drivers for executive management and contribute to Board presentations
- Think critically to determine appropriate key performance indicators and work with sales operations to ensure appropriate data capture and reporting
- Perform analysis/deep dives on revenue trends, pricing, profitability, and other periodic ad-hoc analytical projects to support sales and finance
- Participate in revenue target-setting process for each KPI leading to revenue generation
- Work with Salesforce & Looker to create highly automated reporting and dashboards to drive business performance
- Collaborate with business intelligence teams to align on data standard and principles
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of analytical experience in finance, operations or business analytics
- Ability to draw insights from complex analyses, synthesize into key recommendations and communicate findings to leadership
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a willingness to learn
- Structured and data-driven approach to business problem solving
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and critical thinker
- Detail-oriented, proactive and able to balance multiple responsibilities and tasks
- Experience with Salesforce (Reports, Dashboards)
- Experience with Excel analysis, modeling and automated reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SAAS or subscription business experience
- Experience in Sales Operations
- Experience with Looker
Revenue Analyst (Entry Level)
The Analyst develops and implements pricing processes and strategies for assigned rental locations and monitors results on a consistent basis. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and implement pricing strategies based off Key Performance Indicators and market research
- Effectively communicate and inform field operations of weekly pricing strategies
- Balance volume and price to achieve department and company objectives
- Produce and distribute analysis on a daily basis
- Survey competitor rates to better position our brands in the marketplace
- Proactively assess results of actions taken and react accordingly
- Gather information from all stakeholders and make informed decisions
- Work with the rest of the team to share ideas and strategies
- Show complete ownership over assigned markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, Math, or similar
- Minimum 3.0 GPA requirement
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of economic principles, including supply and demand
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Requires excellent analytical ability, communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams
Outstanding Benefits Package: 401K, Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, Various Discounts.
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process.
Avis Budget is an Equal Opportunity employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
The information listed in this advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this ad may result in your being considered for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries.
We’re a company poised for growth and ready for change! We have amazing purpose, great people and are looking for more. Come join us – you will love it!
What’s the Role
The pricing analyst will work to support Sterling’s strategic pricing initiative. The individual will report to the Pricing Function Director and will be responsible for analyzing the impact of pricing decisions, monitoring pricing exceptions and communicating them throughout the organization.
Value Adding Roles
The analyst will add value to the organization in several ways:
- Contribute to the pricing strategy and ensure pricing impact is achieved by providing detailed analyses to assist divisions in their pricing decisions
- Monitor the pricing-related internal processes and pricing initiatives
- Learn the account setup process and build capabilities to audit and ensure the accuracy of the process
The Pricing analyst will be responsible for several items:
- Prepare analysis for price list and price policy discussions
- Analyze product volume, margin and competitive prices to provide guidance (e.g. proposed prices and overall impact) to divisions in their price setting process
- Assist corporate in determining pricing guidelines for key products.
- Coordinate or obtain key data from the systems teams for the analyses
- Prepare data based on customer pricing analysis for deal desk, FP&A and client-facing teams
- Consolidate and create a summary report on pricing discounts
- Communicate price list process and strategy to key contacts within the various divisions
- Analyze competitive pricing intelligence and trends and create associated reports for key management
- Learn the account setup process and build capabilities to audit and ensure the accuracy of the process
- Aggregate and report customer-specific pricing metrics for management
- Develop KPIs in conjunction with Deal Desk Function Director and track performance
Competencies for Success
The following skills are required for the Pricing analyst:
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to document version management
- Experience with data extraction and database maintenance; SQL querying capability is a plus
- Solid understanding of database systems and the ability to organize & optimize data for accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills with outgoing, diligent, proactive attitude
- Strong written and oral presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to senior management.
- Outstanding work ethic; driven to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment where managing multiple tasks and adapting to changing priorities is essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficient Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Must have the ability to strategize and assess market, product, and financial measures and translate findings into actionable business opportunities.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong business acumen and well-developed decision making abilities
Education/Background – Qualifications
- BA or BS required, preferably in Finance, Economics or related field, advanced degree
- 2+ years related work experience in finance or analytics
Potential Career Advancement Opportunity
The expected time in the position is 2-3 years, with opportunities after that to move into a more senior role.
Chief Revenue Officer
The Washington Post, New York, NY 10007
The Washington Post is looking for a seasoned, entrepreneurial, multimedia sales and creative marketing leader who will develop innovative solutions that drive top-line revenue and help us shape our sales and digital business model for years to come.
More than a skillful sales and marketing executive, you have deep digital experience and are a key member of the executive leadership team that oversees hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, encompassing digital, custom, programmatic, print, and live media; you understand the value of all media platforms and how they interrelate. You can manage a complex business that sits at the forefront of sales and digital strategy and are skillful at building digital business models for the future. Equally important, you can uncover and develop revenue opportunities that maximize the interplay of a B2B and B2C organization. In partnership with the VP, Digital Product Development & CIO, you shape successful products across multiple platforms and implement solutions that focus on revenue generation, digital strategy, pricing, packaging, and consumer marketing. You possess an innate sense of where the money is and know how to shape and sell products that add materially to our revenue-generating engine. You are an agile, ambidextrous leader with significant succession potential – comfortable with high-dollar, B2B client relations and creating new businesses as well as data analysis and the human side of business. You have unparalleled business and financial acumen that enable you to distinguish between revenue opportunities that will yield material results from those that hold little promise of success. You possess an entrepreneurial yet disciplined orientation to managing complex and evolving businesses. You make success criteria visible by establishing customer-focused metrics and hold stakeholders accountable to those metrics with discipline and diplomacy. Talented, first-class people want to work for you; you can inspire and motivate while also instilling discipline and focus toward achieving goals; you have deep connections to sales-focused talent spanning multiple industries and can attract highly skilled people and leadership to The Post. You are a highly collaborative leader who can cultivate strong relationships with peer executives who lead other, equally complex aspects of the business, including the Newsroom, Distribution & Customer Care, Production, Finance and Technology.
The VP & Chief Revenue Officer for The Washington Post will lead the entire digital, print, conferences sales, and new revenue generation functions. Reporting to the CEO/Publisher and and working with the executive leadership team, this crucial role has sole ownership for all Washington Post Media print, digital and non-subscription based revenue functions. This role serves as a trusted advisor to and member of the senior management team and plays a key role in directing the company towards opportunities that yield positive financial results.
- At least 12 years of revenue generation, digital business development, and strategic leadership experience.
- Extensive experience with digital strategy, pricing, product development, complex sales strategies, negotiations, B2B and B2C sales tactics.
- Proven success in setting the strategic direction of a large, complex sales and marketing organization that aligns with short- and long-term company goals and executing with focus and discipline to exceed targets.
- Experience overseeing a custom content digital studio and advertising technology group.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen, successfully applied to distinguish between revenue opportunities that can yield material profitability within two to three years from those that cannot.
- Proven success in setting and executing against sales and operational plans and creating short and long-term strategies that align with business goals.
- Proven success in creating products across multiple platforms, implementing marketing strategies and finding ways to generate revenue from new and existing products.
- Proven success with driving results in multiple areas of the business that reduce costs and increase efficiency while preserving mass-market penetration.
- Clear and unquestionable ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a large and talented digital, print and conferences sales and marketing force.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; MBA and previous media experience preferred.
Areas of Influence:
- Establishing revenue streams, setting revenue targets and annual budgets to make strategic decisions regarding resource allocation and investments.
- Setting the strategic direction for The Post to drive revenue, reduce costs, create extraordinary customer experiences, and increase market share.
- Leading the digital and print sales, marketing, and sales operations teams for The Washington Post.
- Overseeing the quality of products across digital, print and live media; identifying areas that may hold promise for improving revenue results and developing solutions to address those needs.
- Acquiring, developing, and retaining talent throughout the sales organization to create a nimble, responsive, and results-driven culture.
Chief Revenue Officer Acreage Holdings – New York, NY Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis’ beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is responsible for revenue and accountable for driving better integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions. The CRO must maintain an excellent communication framework across the various organizational functions and share best practices. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.ResponsibilitiesDefine the Revenue Strategy
- Building and adapting a revenue architecture that aligns with the business strategy and setting top-down goals and metrics
- Partnering with the senior team to define differentiated offerings and go-to-market strategies
- Develop value proposition positioning that articulate the solutions and products portfolio, supporting corporate brand message and value differentiators
- Defining the go-to-market model including how to access customers, and influencers and organize channels and teams
- Craft sales & marketing strategies including programs and digital mix to maximize revenue performance from existing and prospective customers.
Construct, integrate and manage Revenue Systems
- Implement predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales processes
- Implement Omni-channel/on-line, POS, delivery services, Express Lane, E-Commerce processes, strategies, and systems
- Using technology and data analytics and intent data to inform targeted sales engagement strategies
- Attract, hire, train and retain top sales and retail/customer success talent
- Build a performance driven sales and retail culture
- Partner with IT to define needs and maintain business ownership of the revenue technology stack including automation/ CRM, digital channels (e.g. web and social), business intelligence, and data management
- Structure and manage successful relationships with alliance and channel partners
Execute Revenue Programs
- Lead sales and customer success teams to sell products and services and predictably meet and exceed targets
- Execute target plans using content, experiences and thought leadership to build awareness and generate demand with target customers, industry participants and influencers
- Coordinate with marketing to craft and execute closed-loop marketing and sales programs using a mix of paid, earned and owned media / channels (e.g. ABM, inbound and outbound) to drive predictable lead conversions
- Partner with marketing to optimize day-to-day marketing and sales activities driving buyer engagement to optimize revenue conversion performance
- Orchestrate and manage accounts and the “must win” process.
- Build and develop business strategies with Regional General Managers to support growth
- Drive and deliver operational performance and process improvement at the regional level
- Evaluate and improve financial performance
- Coordinate with Regional General Managers on driving sales and revenue growth at the state level
- Design and set strategy for growth and expansion in each region
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience building high performance teams
- MBA preferred
- Proven experience in strategic business planning
- Experience in a fast growth start-up environment
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast-growing start-up organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skills
- Exceptional leadership skills.
Chief Revenue Officer (Cesium)
AGI – Analytical Graphics, Inc.- Exton, PA
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) will lead our Cesium business unit. This is rare executive opportunity to cultivate and lead the business strategy for a unique technology startup in 3D mapping. With more than 300,000 downloads and millions of end users, Cesium is defining the standard for 3D maps across industries from A&D to BIM to drones to autonomous cars. In this role you will: – Own revenue generation, burn rate, and overall P&L – Recruit, mentor, and lead the teams responsible for: – Business development, vertical partners, and data partners – SaaS and enterprise sales – Marketing – Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to form a holistic organization strategy. – Join and facilitate a unique culture that has rocked the 3D mapping industry with a huge head start with our product and team. – Be part of the executive teamYou are:
- Proven success in scaling business operations for a Series A stage technology startup.
- Successful in at least one of the following areas:
- SaaS business models
- Open source business models
- Geospatial industry
- Customer obsessed
- Driven to create impact for the organization; you are both a hands-on business generalist who wears any hat necessary and a business leader successful in growing and leading teams and cultivating leaders.
- Mission driven but grounded in financial reality. You pursue impact, not noise, and only create process to serve our customers, not ourselves.
- Both a strategic planner and tactical executer. You are a master of time management and determining prioritizes for yourself and the organization. You have a bias to action and will move fast and course correct failure before having analysis paralysis. You constantly decide on tradeoffs between near-term visible impact and long-term outcome. You are a divergent and convergent thinker; capable of creatively generating ideas and narrowing focus for you and the organization.
- Credible to a world-class engineering team. You are tech savvy and understand the business impact of our technology.
- A fantastic communicator in writing and in-person. You give inspiring internal and external presentations.
- Continuously learning and facilitating a learning culture.
- Willing to travel and work intense hours as needed.
- It’s a bonus if you also have had success with:
- Strategic and venture capital fundraising
- Acquisitions or IPO
The Cesium team is part of Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI), where computer science and rocket science combine to serve security and space professionals. AGI won the Best Tech Work Culture at the Philadelphia Timmy Awards, was listed as a Philly.com Top Workplace, and was listed in the top 10 coolest companies to work for in Philadelphia. AGI is located in Exton, outside of Philadelphia. We are happy to help you find housing and transportation.
Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)Blue Apron – New York, NY 10013 (Tribeca area) Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.WHO’S IN THE KITCHENThis senior executive role reports directly to Linda Kozlowski, CEO of Blue Apron. Prior to Blue Apron, Linda was COO of Etsy during its rapid growth and turnaround. Linda reports into the Board of Directors. The Board, which includes one of the founders and current Chairman of the Board of Blue Apron, Matt Salzberg, is comprised of highly accomplished executives with expertise in a variety of functional areas.The Chief Revenue Officer will complete the Executive Leadership team including Alan Blake, Chief Operating Officer; Tim Bensley, Chief Financial Officer; Irina Krechmer, Chief Technology Officer; Julie Betancur, Chief HR Officer; and Meredith Deutsch, General Counsel.
The functions reporting into the CRO are Physical Product including culinary, Digital Product, Marketing including all partnerships, Brand, and Consumer Insights.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
The Chief Revenue Officer of Blue Apron will be responsible for all product lines through product development, branding and marketing.
Strategic Planning: The incoming CRO will partner with other members of the ELT to execute the current corporate strategic plan. This plan focuses on expansion to new customer segments in the direct-to-consumer business, expansion into new partnerships, expanding the core product and strengthening operations. He/she will also be instrumental in creating future strategic plans.
Product Development: Core product expansion is one way that Blue Apron will continue to expand into new channels. The CRO will work collaboratively with the Finance and Operations teams in creation of innovative products both from a physical side (What’s in the box) and a digital side (Website and app). The CRO must work diligently with the culinary, technology, and operations teams to ensure products are the highest quality, feasible from a production standpoint and with the goal of increasing revenue profitably.
Marketing and Partnerships: In this creative and digitally driven organization, it is critical that marketing is as innovative as the products. Through analytics, the CRO will be charged with identifying the current key customers and designing marketing strategies to increase the customer base and revenue. Additionally, the CRO is responsible for building and growing the partnership strategies, leveraging the strength of the core product.
Branding: Blue Apron is the industry leaders in brand awareness in its category. The CRO will help develop and grow a complete partnership strategy encompassing Strategic Partners, Brand Partners, Distribution Channels, Acquisition Channels, Affiliates and Influencers. The CRO will help maximize reach and efficiency by adding new, scalable partners to the ecosystem in a programmatic way.
Team Building: The CRO is responsible for building and cultivating creative teams committed to continuing the culture of innovation. This includes both nurturing the talent we have, growing the team in a targeted, effective way, and driving accountability across all parts of their organization.
The Chief Revenue Officer will be a strategic business executive with in-depth experience leading a digitally focused and innovative consumer company. He/She will have a proven track record of growing revenue through new product development, marketing, branding and partnership. Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, the candidate should possess:
- Significant general management and P&L experience.
- Strategically view the marketplace, analyze opportunities and successfully manage the growth of a profitable direct-to-consumer business.
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy that will allow for future channel expansion
- Track record of managing multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to prioritize efforts based on ROI to the business.
- Ability to drive new product innovation and develop a roadmap to introduce products to market in a highly digital and data rich organization.
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
- Background that includes hands-on accomplishments in delivering market share, sales growth and profitability in a progressive company.
- Inspirational leadership – understands the importance of being hands on.
- Capable of shaping a clear and strategic vision and effectively communicating that vision throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and team building/management skills; ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate must possess outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communications skills. The candidate must be a high-energy, hands-on individual with strength of conviction – a self-confident leader who, in part due to his/her personal presence, style and demeanor, effectively sells ideas and solutions to others.
- Analytical, with a strong detail orientation – someone who can examine relevant industry information and translate that information into effective strategies and programs.
- Accomplished and confident professional with the executive presence and industry stature to effectively represent Blue Apron internally, externally and bring enhanced credibility to the organization.
- Strong service orientation, a disciplined work ethic, and ability to instill a high standard of excellence across the organization.
- A balanced individual capable of forging productive working relationships with a broad range of personality types and styles.
- Comfortable with the challenge to reach agreement among occasionally conflicting interests to enhance the common good of the organization.
- Ability to manage company culture/spirit and people and lead the change.
- Ability to anticipate change and proactively pivot in order to take advantage of industry trends.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Chief Revenue Officer
SHE Software, Chicago, IL
SHE Software is currently searching for a Chief Revenue Officer for our U.S. division. The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is a member of the senior management team (reports to the CEO) and is responsible for defining and maintaining the revenue strategy by leading and managing the pipeline to deliver current and forecasted results.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage and integrate the revenue generating functions of the company
- Define a sustainable and predictable revenue architecture that continuously aligns with the business strategy
- Owns responsibility for all revenue generating processes for the organization
- Craft sales & marketing strategies to maximize revenue potential from existing and prospective customers
- Lead and manage Global heads of Business development to recruit, mentor and engage strong sales team members to deliver results
- Lead and implement a sales strategy for the products through the entire lifecycle of a customer to maximize revenue
- Collaborate with senior team to define differentiated offers and go-to-market strategies and predictable achievement of financial metrics
- Work with product leaders to provide customer-driven feedback and direction to meet customer needs
- Build a performance driven sales-focused culture with a customer, execution, and growth focus
- Collaborate with marketing to align initiatives to support revenue acceleration
- Implement predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales and marketing processes using data analytics
- Develop and manage a consistent pipeline and forecasting methodology
- Attract, mentor, develop and retain top business development talent
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Fill management gaps by building and training individuals and teams in the Global Sales Team
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development — adding new sales channels and 3rd party resellers and partners
- Manage a consistent pipelines and forecasting methodology to deliver revenue
- Manage costs to budget within the global sales organization
- Orchestrate and manage key accounts and “must win” deals
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of continual learning and development
This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be required to fulfill the role and meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (or business-related field)
- MBA preferred
- 10 + years experience in B2B Global sales and/or strategic Account Leadership experience
- Experience in a scale-up environment
- Experience in a senior sales role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative sales management strategies
- Experience leading a successful sales team
- Self-Starter – ability to execute and implement change
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Leadership – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling work being done
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Strong Interpersonal/Communication
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk-taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident
- Ability to manage a global staff through Heads of BDM
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and proficient at meeting or exceeding aggressive milestones
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Ability to contribute both strategically and tactically towards growing a successful company
- Demonstrated cross-cultural agility
- High level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team
ABOUT SHE SOFTWARE
With more than 20 years’ experience, SHE Software can speak with authority about health and safety management software solutions. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Scotland, the company’s IOSH or NEBOSH accredited team is located across the UK, US and New Zealand. Assure, our highly configurable health and safety management software solution, is at the heart of our success. It’s trusted by more than 850 organisations and used by more than half a million users around the world. Working across diverse sectors and industries including manufacturing, construction, energy and utilities, we’re changing the way companies manage health and safety. www.shesoftware.com