Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing public schools that are increasing the academic achievement of historically under-resourced communities and preparing students for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 54 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. We have achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones.
Location(s): Brooklyn, NYTeam: New York City Regional School Support Team (Operations)About the RoleThe Senior Associate Director (SAD) is responsible for stewarding and managing student and teacher data in service of state and local reporting and compliance for all of Uncommon’s schools in New York State! SAD is also responsible for a number of other critical workstreams that directly support of schools and the region.
- Steward the management of local, state, and other compliance and data reporting across all of New York, including:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of both state and local reporting requirements;
- Develop systems for data collection, preparation, and validation that are focused on taking work off of school teams whenever possible;
- Create systems for working with regional ops team members in Rochester and Troy in handling their schools’ NY State reporting;
- Management of compliance and data reporting, including:
- Work with local, NY State, federal, and other systems to report student data, including but not limited to: Regional Information Centers, BOSCES, ATS, VADIR, Teacher Access and Authorization, PD system, the IRS portal, and the Federal Civil Rights Data system.
- Leading data collection and reporting for Charter Renewal and reporting
- Working closely with regional and school operations teams to run timelines for data submission to ensure collection, preparation, accuracy, and validation
- Work closely with Uncommon’s central data management team and the AD of Data in Troy and Rochester to streamline the collection and management of student and staff data, including:
- Coordinate with Data/IT team around Start of Year and End of Year processes in our internal PowerSchool student data system, including schedule creation and closing out the school year;
- Collect state exam scores;
- Management of regional tools used to track student and staff data, including coordination with vendors as needed;
- Ensuring school data accuracy by conducting data audits and coordinating with schools, regions, and home office teams to improve systems supporting data accuracy; and
- Defining and documenting data collection processes.
- Teacher certification data: Maintain teacher certification records as needed for the purpose of compliance as well as meeting certification goals
- Complete various projects related to data integrity and systems at the organization-wide, regional, and school level;
- Data analysis projects, as assigned by the Managing Director of Operations for NY State, the Associate Chief Operating Officers, and Director of School Support of Brooklyn
- Lead and coordinate all billing pertaining to student enrollment, liaising with accounting teams
- Additional duties and projects as needed and assigned in support of our NYC schools
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus;
- At least five years of work experience;
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with PowerSchool or other student data management systems preferred;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong customer service approach and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with local and State Data Platforms preferred;
- Maturity and ability to work independently;
- Passion for the mission of Uncommon Schools;
- A desire to work on a high-performing team and take on additional projects, be creative, and propose new solutions;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative as well as to work collaboratively
- Quick and effective learner in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that proactively seeks feedback to improve
- High sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully balance multiple projects concurrently
Uncommon Schools offers salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Creates and modifies queries in multiple systems containing human capital data for use in reporting and analytics.
- Develops a framework for reporting data and assists with normalization of data. Merges data from multiple systems.
- Accountable for ad hoc data and report requests in connection with normal business operations, audit requirements, legal & regulatory requirements, etc.
- Monitors and improves data collection processes; partners to identify how to normalize data across multiple systems; provides recommendations for enriched reporting and data standards.
- Advises People Practices on data needs to address business questions by developing in-depth knowledge of existing organizational data, including historical normalization and mapping from multiple systems. Provides recommendations to People Practices practitioners as to frequency of reporting.
- Develops and communicates findings within People Practices via formal presentations and standard reporting on periodic/quarterly/annual basis.
- Responsible for data integrity and validation during Oracle releases, including regression testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Industrial-Organizational Psychology; or equivalent combination of career and academic experience.
- Experience with the Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud application (note: not PeopleSoft).
- Experience with OTBI reporting and Oracle dashboard development, as well as system-based reporting and analytic tools to efficiently deliver and support trend reporting and analysis.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in data reporting and analysis, report-writing, and HRMS applications.
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills, including proficiency with complex pivot tables and data analysis Proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint, Power BI, and common visualization tools. Working knowledge of SQL queries.
- Ability to translate complex data analysis and research principles into terms that can be understood by a broader
- Skilled at manipulating and managing large, complex databases, spreadsheets and queries and generating organizational metrics to assist with business
The Data Analyst is a new position in NADAP’s CareerCompass Program. If you are looking to work closely with the management team of a Career Assessment and Workforce program to shape procedures through data analytics and improve processes to help program operations more efficiently connect individuals to goal setting and career opportunities, this may be just for you!
CareerCompass provides orientation, comprehensive and individual employability assessments and service coordination for adults 25 years of age and older. It is one component in HRA’s initiative to address the unique needs of improving employment and training outcomes in NYC. As the first step in HRA’s programming, CareerCompass will identify and connect individuals to education, training and/or employment..
The Data Analyst position is an exciting opportunity to support the CareerCompass program by conducting data reporting, analysis, and quality assurance using various systems. The Data Analyst is vital in helping the program meet goals and performance milestones, while looking at both clients and staff trends.
The Data Analyst will analyze large datasets and provide reports on a wide range of subjects. They will create data dashboards, reports, and visualizations to highlight trends and collaborate with the management team on prioritizing business needs based on this information. They will seek out and acquire data sources and brainstorm strategies on optimizing efficiency for client services using programmatic data. The Data Analyst will also handle queries and present their findings to audiences.
The Data Analyst will have strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of information with accuracy. They will be knowledgeable in descriptive and predictive statistics, including regression and bell curve. A member of the program management team, this position is vital in the success of the program and in meeting goals established by the funding source.
NADAP provides a positive work environment in a rapidly growing program with many opportunities for advancement. Along with cultural diversity, variety in work, and the option of paid training for staff development, NADAP caters to an exceptional work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Office environment: 3 years (Required)
- Data Analyzing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is searching for a driven, self-motivated Associate Data Reporting Analyst and Report developer, for our Business Intelligence division in New York. This person will have access to cutting edge VLDB (very large database) Columnar Databases and MPP technology and business analysis tools including Omniture Site Catalyst and Tableau to support their data analysis and exploration. This person will work as part of a team of seasoned analysts and developers with opportunities for collaboration using SQL in a big data environment and employing the latest in analytic database capabilities. This position will be responsible for working with our Marketing and Editorial teams to understand their initiatives, identify reporting needs, vet requirements, design and develop reports, analyze output and present finding.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Creating and maintaining reporting documentation and user guides
- Creating insightful, easy to understand reports that meet business needs
- Delivering trend analyses for website, registration and marketing activities
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly reports and insights into changing patterns with an understanding of business initiatives that may be driving the changes
- Delivering timely accurate ad-hoc reports as requested by the business
- Participating in advanced analytics projects to understand and measure success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
- Providing historical performance, trending and benchmarking analysis
- Investigating changes in traffic, engagement, retention and click through and assisting in identifying root causes.
- Providing counsel on email and site tagging to facilitate tracking and reporting
What’s In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you’ll be working with a great group of professionals interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you’re ready to take on some new challenges at a well-respected company, we’d love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, statistics or a related discipline, or 4 years of experience in data analysis.
- 2+ years’ experience with databases including SQL Server or Oracle, an advanced degree in computer science or statistics may be substituted for experience
- Advanced SQL skills- must be able to write SQL queries from scratch without the aid of query writing tools
- 1+ years of practical experience with Excel. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Experience working through problems and reaching a workable solution
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient with the ability to create intelligent, creative, and action-oriented results
- Experience in a role that requires assimilating and explaining data relationships and providing insights to help deliver business results
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture (preferred) and Google Analytics
- Experience with reporting and analyzing web metrics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with database query tools, either Oracle Developer or Toad
… and if you have the following, even better!
- Experience in report writing and reporting applications.
- Experience with Vertica is a plus
- Experience with Omniture is preferred
- Experience with Tableau is a big plus
- Experience with source control, especially Subversion
- Experience working on a Linux reporting platform