Here are sample job advertisements for Real Estate Analysts…
Commercial Real Estate Analyst, CMBS
The position is in the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) team in the New York office reporting to Senior Vice President, North American CMBS. The CMBS team is responsible for rating and monitoring bonds secured by commercial real estate loans.
- Act as the lead analyst and manage the process of rating US CMBS transactions while maintaining compliance with DBRS Policies and Procedures.
- Determine DBRS stabilized net cash flows for all property types, a variety of loan sizes ($2 million to >$1 billion) and unique loan structures including holdbacks and future funding components based on property performance and market dynamics.
- Conduct market research and financial analysis for rating committees, investor meetings and conferences.
- Conduct site inspections of all major property types on a nationwide basis. 10% domestic travel is required.
- Compose detailed Presale reports distributed to investors containing the culmination of research and analysis.
- Provide credit analysis and use quantitative models to assess credit worthiness for multi-loan pooled transactions as well as single-borrower transactions.
- Present loan level analysis, quantitative results and provide recommendations to the credit committee.
- Conduct research and prepare market research updates for investors and assist with presentations to be delivered at industry conferences.
- Respond to client and colleague inquiries regarding methodologies, analysis and research.
- Serve as a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a commercial real estate finance related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate or a related area.
- Self-starter and team player with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Has an analytical mindset, strong attention to detail and operates in an organized manner.
- Highly poised and possesses excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel as well as the intellectual curiosity to develop new applications and to perform complex analyses.
- Well-developed writing and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about a hobby or an activity outside of work.
- Possesses all necessary documents for domestic travel.
DBRS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Real Estate Financial Analyst
Wynmor Management is seeking an analyst to support the CEO by underwriting prospective acquisitions of real estate across the United States.
We are a growing & entrepreneurial firm where you will gain exposure to the full range of real estate investment activities including financial analysis, capital raising and asset management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in real estate, real estate finance, and/or investment banking
- BA or BS in Finance, Real Estate Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields
- Strong academic record
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate & real estate capital markets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Argus a +)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, determination and initiative in a team environment
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic work environment
- Review and screen commercial real estate investment opportunities
- Assist in the financial analysis and underwriting of potential investments
- Developing transaction specific financial models for real estate investments
- Market Research
- Prepare Investment memoranda and presentations for all new investments and development opportunities
- Post-acquisition asset management
Job Type: Full-time
- financial analysis: 2 years (Required)
- New York, NY (Required)
Real Estate Analyst
Common is the nation’s leading community-driven property manager, improving city living across 5 cities and for over 600 members. Using our signature approach to perfecting the modern rental experience, Common designs and operates coliving and traditional apartments in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is looking for an Analyst to support our Director(s) of Real Estate in building and managing our real estate pipelines, in New York as well as other existing and new markets. This position offers the opportunity for growth and may involve occasional travel.
- Develop in-depth understanding of city and underlying sub-markets by owning comparables analysis and broader market analysis
- Analyze new acquisitions / development opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction, incorporating a variety of capital and financing structures.
- Prepare internal and external presentation materials and documents (e.g., pitch materials, pro-formas, LOI’s).
- Work with internal and external design and construction teams to optimize floor plans for shared housing
- Assist in sourcing new acquisition opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with our local developers, investors, brokers and other real estate professionals.
- Facilitate in coordination between real estate and other teams at Common (e.g., work with Marketing to get monthly lease-up velocity information)
- This team member will report to our Director of Real Estate Acquisitions
- You have 1-3 years of experience in real estate, any real estate related fields and/or analyzing real estate transactions
- You are an Excel power user and have experience with real estate financial modeling
- You have excellent research, analytical and presentation skills
- You have a passion for real estate, shared living and Common’s mission
- You thrive in accomplishing detail-oriented tasks
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic startup environment
- You are entrepreneurial, able to work without well-worn paths or established protocols
- You know how to ask for help when you need it and you keep your cool in stressful situations
What We Offer
Common offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, STD/LTD Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Transit Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401K. Additional benefits such as paid vacation, paid sick time, weekly team lunches, office snacks, flexible working hours, development opportunities and more are also available.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local law.