Here are a few sample job advertisements for this type of role…
As the Product Marketing Strategist, you will be have a direct impact on SinglePlatform’s product and customer success and growth. You will take ownership of customer facing marketing initiatives. You will be working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once. Being the conduit between marketing, product, customer success and sales. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and project management skills.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of the SinglePlatform Customer Council building feedback loop on our product and messaging
- Develop processes for ongoing qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Solidify processes for product testing rollout
- Craft insight summaries to Product for road map recommendations and product evolution
- Use customer insight to pivot and evolve the SinglePlatform positioning and messaging
- Lead writing and development of sales collateral, including generating case studies, testimonials, decks, presentation and other content
- Driving the go-to-market messaging for new product / feature rollouts
- Liaise with Customer Success to evaluate onboarding, orientation and engagement and ensure it drives customer satisfaction and retention
- 2-4 years of Product Marketing or Customer Success experience with a SaaS
- You have worked with CRM, preferably Salesforce and marketing automation tools, preferably Act-On
- You have an innate ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical ideas to non-technical people
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, while able to work with autonomy
- You are passionate about customers and their success through the entire life cycle from an anonymous visitor to a brand advocate
- Comfortable crafting HTML / emails
- Familiar with Adobe products
Product Marketing Manager
- Define new product goals and deliverables that support the Consumable Materials, Digital Content and Software Business Goals. Manage new product development projects including key deliverables: roadmap, sourcing, pricing, sample testing, etc. Define tasks, resources, and timelines necessary to complete a new product development lifecycle
- Communicate effectively with Brand and Product Development about new products, compliance, product documentation, packaging, timelines and status. Provide insight, feedback and new content ideas for artwork and new products, including writing marketing copy, video scripts
- Participate in ideation dialogue, vendor setup, item setup, with Product Development and Marketing giving meaningful insight into the product roadmap. Work with Sales Channels to identify/develop potential retail product placement recommendations
- Desire and willingness to use products and craft
- Provide training to agencies, Brother associates and support staff (TN Customer Service), and customers use on the use of new product/consumables.
- Tradeshow show attendance, Event support as needed and up to 25% travel
Bachelor degree, Business or Marketing r equired
3-5 Years extensive experience in the craft industry with either a retailer or manufacturer required
- 3-5 years of advanced Product Marketing m anagement experience, preferable consumer products required
- Strong communicator with the ability to elicit cooperation from leaders, customers and a wide variety of sources required
- Project Management experience required
- Experience sourcing new products required
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit – ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up environment and do whatever it takes to get the job done preferred
- Ability to merchandise product and create planograms preferred
- English required
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected federal, state or local law .
For highly-motivated, change champions looking for a dynamic team environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally, Brother offers a collaborative workplace that continues to innovate award winning products, while maintaining a focused commitment to the communities where we live and work.
- Buyer intelligence – be the expert on markets and buyer insights – their buying criteria, how they buy and where they go for information
- Monitor and assess competitive activities to drive product and GTM strategies
- Work with key analysts and influencers to understand industry trends and opportunities
- Develop product positioning and messaging and ensure adherence through all marketing communications, corporate communications, sales and support channels
- Be your product(s) single point of contact for all GTM activities with internal and external partners: sales, marketing communications, support, lead gen, web team, etc.
- Create, manage and implement GTM plans to support product roadmaps, including product launch, product enhancements, migrations and end-of-life; ensure GTM plans support sales objectives and other KPIs
- Develop, assess and report on qualitative and quantitative assessment of product offerings such as feature/functionality, packaging, and pricing.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer—using surveys, focus groups, etc to benchmark customer satisfaction, NPS, etc.
- Meet regularly with customers to understand their market problems and experience with WorkWave (Service) and communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Aid in development of content marketing and thought leadership assets to increase product awareness (whitepapers, eBooks, articles, blog posts, infographics, etc.).
- Produce enablement tools for sales/support teams such as talking points and presentations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and implement with excellence
- Passionate about customer experience and buyer-centric approach
- Adept in data analysis and identifying actions from what the data tells us
- Ability to interact with executive management
- Excellent people and influencing skills to team with people from across the organization
- Desire and commitment to support product manager and sales team to achieve goals
- Strong commitment to collaboration with internal and external people and organizations
- Ability to understand technology solutions and communicate benefits into laymen’s terms
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in cloud-based software a plus
- BS in business administration or marketing or equivalent experience
- Intellectually Curious and Passionate: You love figuring out what the problem is and finding a way to fix it. You enjoy coming to work each day and have a positive energy that the organization can see and feel.
- Empathetic and Respectful: You truly appreciate other’s perspectives. You put yourself in others shoes and go out of your way to ensure that all perspectives are heard and understood before decisions are taken.
- Team Player: You’re willing to jump in and help whenever and wherever needed by the team. Your goal is to find ways to provide value rather than call attention to your individual performance.
- Analytical: You use data as a guide in your decision-making. You’re able to understand what data is needed, to parse that data in ways that provide key insights and summarize it for the team so that it can be used to drive the intended decisions.
- Get Things Done: Once you’ve determined the key elements of the problem, you solve it and figure out how to most effectively put that solution in place. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and make things happen as an individual contributor but also know how to drive your team to do the same. Once you start them, you like to finish things, not just “checking the box” but making sure that they get done and done right.
- Willing to Make Mistakes and Intellectually Honest When You Do: You are not afraid to make mistakes and, when you do, you admit them, learn from them and ensure they don’t get repeated in the future. Placing blame and spending time pointing fingers is not part of your DNA…learning enough to make sure we don’t repeat the mistake is