Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you’re encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That’s why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking an Product Manager I to join our dynamic team in Englewood Cliffs, NJ as part of the Home Entertainment Team!
- Gain deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision internally
- Provide input into product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategies into detail requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market
- Participate in product launches including working with marketing/public relations, executives and other product management team members
- Analysis and pre-testing / calibration of product performance
- Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution.
- Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
- Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Establishes pricing strategies.
- Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG Electronics, Alabama, inc., LGEVU and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
IKO, a growing modern and contemporary brand of cookware and kitchen products named “most innovative cookware vendor” by a major national department store, is looking for an energetic, creative, articulate, and motivated Product Manager to innovate, grow, support, and manage our brand and product portfolio.
- Research and identify new market trends and niches
- Cultivate ideas and inspiration to drive product development
- Provide creative direction and copy for new product packaging
- Initiate social media and online strategy to grow our brand and presence
- Maintain product databases and sell sheets to reflect most current line assortments
- Support sales efforts with support collateral – slides, reports, story boards, merchandising plans, etc. – for presentation to key account decision makers including buyers, DMMs and retail execs
- Plan and execute product presentations agendas for key accounts
- Attend and contribute in sales meetings. Develop product action plans based on meeting minutes
- Develop and execute trade show strategies to best represent our brand and product strategy including assisting in the conception, design and layout of the booth
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher;
- 2+ years product management or marketing experience; preferably in cookware or other consumer hard goods
- Immaculate project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator a definite plus
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Positive “can do”attitude
- Born to multi-task
- Appreciates interdisciplinary work
- Prefers to ask “Why Not?” than “Why?”
- Love for cooking – a definite plus!
- Authorized to work in the US – no visa sponsorships are being offered at this time
Up to 10% travel
Job Type: Full-time
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world’s fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we’ve been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Job Summary
Our Associate Product Manager will help bring our products and brands to market. This role helps manage the execution of the strategic plans that move products from our labs to the shelves of our independent retailers. The Associate is also responsible for supporting the many aspects of every day maintenance of our product lines from updating labels, to developing sales materials, to responding to field requests. Since our products are at the heart of our business this role will have cross-functional interaction with many groups within Benjamin Moore & Co., including Sales, Supply Chain, Product Development, Pricing, Creative Services and our Legal team.Key Responsibilities
- Supports the Brand Manager in the design and definition of brand plans and is accountable for the successful implementation of brand plans in an effort build awareness and distribution, drive trial and purchase, which aligns with the brand’s messaging and Benjamin Moore’s vision of growth
- Supports the Brand Manager in product commercialization, which may include product testing, market test development and national launch plans, sales projections, SKU set up, developing product messaging, support materials and promotional activities
- Oversee label creation and modification projects
- Responsible for sales and retailer communications associated with your brand including announcements of new products, product improvements and advancements, new marketing materials, selling tools, web site changes and any other updates
- Analyze sales reports and trends. Help identify and track product changes and launches of key competitors
- Draft creative briefs and other communications to support brand programs
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional departments including Sales, Research and Development, Production Planning, Supply Chain, Procurement, Pricing, Legal and other Marketing partners including Consumer Engagement team, Creative Services, Digital, and Web Services
Required Background & Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of product management, marketing or sales experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining excellence in execution and delivering projects on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting both within the marketing function, within the company, and with external agencies and customers
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment while managing projects to a timeline
- Must be able to demonstrate strong written, presentation and oral communication skills across various levels of the business
- Demonstrates knowledge of the product life cycle and a clear understanding of product commercialization
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to translate analytics into actionable recommendations and results
- Previous experience in the paint and coatings industry a plus
- Should possess strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Conduct surveys and research to identify market needs
· Conduct market research to identify user needs for new products
· Monitor sales/profitability and provide recommendations for price adjustments and product pricing
· Monitor and track competitors and develop “hit lists” to combat competitive features and “claims”
· Review requests for non-standard options, combination options and special applications; provide pricing and descriptions for approved items
· Recommend costs reduction and quality enhancements
· Provide sales support through field visits and participate in customer visits for key opportunities
· Provide support to R&D, including defining project scope, approval of milestone and project outcome
· Assist Global Product Managers in driving the entire vision and delivery of innovative new products to keep the business relevant and competitive
· Participate in Ad Hoc Committee meetings, unplanned customer visits, consultations or field issues and other unplanned activities
· Collaborate effectively with Project Coordinators, when applicable
· Cut parts to perform runoffs and demonstrations
· Define product positioning and maintain product roadmaps
· Define specifications and business cases for new product and solution opportunities
· Own Customer Value Selling:
· Develop Customer Value Models defining the benefits of our products
· Create supporting material for Sales
· Train sales organization
· Develop and lead product launch plans
· Deliver inputs and facilitate quarterly portfolio/market review processes
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· 3 to 5 years of Product Management experience within industrial equipment manufacturing and/or fabrication industry
· Project Management experience or certification is desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively train and teach others
- Ability to understand Messer Cutting Systems’ product offerings and the fabrication market to determine what ancillary products can be developed or purchased to help enhance and/or differentiate the Company in the fabrication market
- Ability to learn and utilize AIDINC Sales Methodology
- Must possess and demonstrate effective management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities over a variety of products and projects to meet both internal and external customer expectations
- Thorough working knowledge of both process and manufacturing technologies as they pertain to the fabrication market
Benefits of joining our team:
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· Flex Spending Account
· Life and AD&D Insurance
· Short term and Long term Disability
· Supplemental Insurance
· 401 K- Company match 50% up 6% of annually pay
· Vacation Pay- up to 2 weeks your first year
· Paid Personal time off
· Paid Holiday and Floating Holidays
· Continuing Education Reimbursement
· Annual bonus
· Birthday and Anniversary celebrations
· Annual company picnic
· Advancement opportunities
Don’t miss out an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a winning team. We win together!
Messer Cutting Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Messer Cutting Systems does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Messer Cutting Systems property and therefore, Messer Cutting Systems will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Messer Cutting Systems’ request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Messer Cutting Systems must be in place and current.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Required)