Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox CorporationUnder the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are seeking a Director of Programmatic Yield to oversee yield, pricing and reporting for display and video across all Fox News and Fox Business digital platforms. As the Director of Programmatic Yield, you surface insights, manage floors and create analysis to support new opportunities. You are responsible for the overall strategy and execution of programmatic yield. You have the opportunity to help grow Fox News’ programmatic revenue through these optimizations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee programmatic yield including managing floors, pricing strategies (i.e. programmatic rate cards) and partner prioritization in an effort to maximize overall programmatic revenue
- Own the programmatic yield strategy, all related partnerships and development of new yield solutions
- Manage reporting (including header bidding, bid density) and revenue insights across all programmatic sources of revenue
- Evaluate and analyze sales data regularly across all programmatic partners and various ad stacks
- Create analysis, reporting and models to support advertising decisions
- Run new A/B tests regularly to find new ways to optimize revenue, implement proven tactics as best practices
- Create dashboards, regular reports and provide insights to senior sales executives that highlight trends, fluctuations and opportunities based on sales data
- Ensure quality assurance and accuracy across all programmatic partners and various data sources
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 7-10 years’ experience in digital sales in yield, or other operations capacity
- 5 years’ experience in yield or managing a programmatic ad stack is preferred
- Data science and/or data analysis background
- Established GAM / ADX and FreeWheel knowledge base
- Familiarity with programmatic yield reporting platforms (Staq, Datarama etc)
- Strong expertise in understanding ad platforms, programmatic technology and ad operations
- Expertise in database software (Excel, SQL etc)
- Excellent communication skills and paired with the ability to work well with other groups
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, meticulous follow up
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to interpret data, recognizing inflection points and key insights
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Overview and Responsibilities
- You will check plans and assist planners in the plan building process.
- You will guide planners in selling title efficiencies when building Premium plans.
- Rate card maintenance: You will check weekly programming calendars and confirm necessary selling titles are included and priced in the rate card.
- You will work closely with research and programming to maintain selling schedule in the rate card matches estimates provided by research.
- You will maintain a comprehensive view of inventory, maximizing inventory usage.
- You are in charge of compiling and distributing the Monday reporting.
- You will help coordinate historical data used for all upfront plans and reporting.
- Interact with the Inventory team to make sure Premium units are cleared and available.
- Provide guidance, support, and back up on Studio Allocations.
- Monitor planner workflow.
- This position reports into the VP and Sr. Director of Pricing and Planning.
- Minimum of 3 years network planning experience and/or media buying and/or sales experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
- Shown ability to think strategically. Ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic pressured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with various departments.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and supervisory skills.
- Planning Experience preferred.
The Weather Company’s advertising sales division is now Watson Advertising, and represents the evolution of our sales organization since being acquired by IBM. We are an ecosystem of media, data, and AI technology solutions designed to help you save time, connect with customers, and drive ROI. We are seeking a Yield Management Leader.The Yield Management Leader is responsible for developing and maintaining industry leading pricing, packaging, and inventory management capabilities to support all Sales Channels (Programmatic, Direct, and Local) and Partnerships. This role will report into the Head of Operations in NYC.This is a highly critical role working cross-functionally with Sales Management, Ad Product, Product, Programmatic, Finance, and Client Solutions to make strategic decisions about the company’s business to maximize revenue. The Leader will demonstrate the ability to think strategically, pull creative insights leveraging large sets of data, be extremely organized, and highly motivated to perform.You will play a critical role in partnering with the Data Analytics team to fully automate Programmatic floor price optimizations by continuing to refine and build out models that will leverage deep learning algorithms to maximize revenue. This offers the opportunity to work with Data Engineers and Yield Analysts to take full control of effectively optimizing floor prices without constantly analyzing and updating floor prices manually using estimates and conservative testing. This will be an amazing opportunity to be part of the latest tech advancements in the Programmatic marketplace.
- Continuously monitor and enhance rate cards and discount parameters for Direct Sales, Programmatic, and Agencies. Research to define pricing value based on market competition and product performance and implement tactics to improve CPM across all Sales Channels.
- Work closely with Data Analytics team to continuously refine and test models to optimize floor price for Open Exchange revenue
- Develop and deploy tactics to improve sell-through across all Sales Channels. This includes but not limited to sponsorship packaging, seasonal packaging, and promotional discounts
- Manage and provide in-depth pricing, revenue, and inventory utilization reports for executive and senior management in a periodic basis.
- Provide revenue modeling to forecast revenue, impression, and CPM change for new products, change products, and new partnership deals
- Partner with Ad Product, Product, Ad Ops, Programmatic, and Finance to brainstorm on new market opportunities/challenges impacting price and revenue (e.g. viewability, lazy loading, header bidding, priority management)
- Oversee inventory systems & vendor relationships to enhance features and manage any system failures and bugs
- Manage escalations from Sales on specific order issues resulting in high bonus inventory or make-good approval, and other special exception handling
- Work with Senior Sales Management team and Client Solutions on crafting media plans and pricing for special partnership deals and sponsorships.
- Drive continuous improvement to existing process and tools by initiating and managing new projects with the team (e.g. reservation policies, improvements to planning tool, sales support queue management)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years of experience working in digital media; Publisher, Ad Tech, or Agency experience in Yield Management, Pricing & Inventory Management, or Revenue Operations.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and analytics tool such Staq, Qlik Sense, Tableau, and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Publisher side ad technology platforms – (Inventory Management Tool, Ad Server, OMS, DMP, SSP)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Skills – Experience and Requirements:
- 7+ years in digital advertising with experience in media planning, account management, pricing, and analytics.
- Strong working knowledge of programmatic advertising, addressable/audience buying, CTV, measurement, linear and digital convergence and media sales financials.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized with the ability to lead initiatives from start to finish.
- Excellent communication with strong client interaction and presentation skills.
- A self-learner and creative problem solver who can navigate through unknown situations with minimal guidance.
The Sr. Manager of Product Strategy will report to the Director of Sling Ad Sales and will own the digital advertising product lifecycle and pricing strategy.
- Own ad product management and innovation by collecting client feedback, performing market research, identifying and assessing ROI of new types of ad products. Work closely with internal teams, such as player product, data, tech, and marketing, to take new ad offerings to market and evaluate their success against established KPIs.
- Design new advertising inventory packages for sales teams and coordinate with internal parties to execute; develop pricing strategy, maintain rate card, provide pricing stewardship for sellers and account managers.
- Serve as the main Sling Ad Sales liaison with marketing and PR to assist them in creating new materials to promote our business.
- Create and deliver reporting and presentations on sales highlights, forecasts and KPIs to multiple internal parties, including upper management.
- Devise, evaluate and execute strategic and tactical recommendations on how to grow the business.
- Lead or participate in ad-hoc projects to implement tools to streamline processes and instill best practices across the team.