Here are some sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Sr Manager, Photo Production
- Produce and manage gallery, episodic and event photographic coverage for USA and SYFY Networks and offer support as needed to the NBCU Photo team.
- Work with network marketing, creative and publicity departments to facilitate shoots that cover advertising and publicity needs.
- Negotiate with producers, talent agents, publicists and managers regarding shoot dates, location, time, approvals etc.
- Manage and maintain budgets, negotiate fees and expenses, source and hire photographers and production crews.
- Lead creative discussions between photographers, external set designers and internal publicity and marketing departments.
- Fulfill press/marketing photo requests when requested.
- Bachelors degree in Photography, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in photography, photo editing and photo production.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and Adobe Bridge.
- Must have experience working with digital photography and be familiar with photo asset management systems.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job online to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Collaborative and works well in a quick-paced environment and under strict deadline conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Possess strategic thinking skills in order to develop and adapt workflows.
- Superior organization and creative skills
- Serve as production logistics lead for video and photo shoots across fashion, beauty, lifestyle, news/entertainment, health & wellness, technology, and culture.
- Schedule production kickoffs and define internal checkpoints to help clarify shoot scope, team roles/responsibilities, budget allocation, and timing
- Collaborate with producers & DP to determine crew and gear needs for every shoot
- Be the primary liaison internally between creative teams, legal, and account management, ensuring internal deliverables are on track
- Build detailed production schedules and budget estimates across photo, video, and talent programs
- Work closely with line producer to ensure production management needs of the branded project are met
- Handle outreach, contracting, and correspondence with third party vendors (talent, crew, production partners, etc.) clearly communicating scope of work throughout the program and enforcing deadlines
- Act as production manager on set for all planned productions
- Draft and finalize crew contracts and talent releases with oversight from legal team
- Diligently track production costs in master budget tracker and reconcile budgets at the end of each month
- Route third party invoices and W9s to Accounts Payable for processing and upload all campaign expenses via Expensify
- 5+ years of production management experience in a digital media and creative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Dedication to accuracy, detail, and organization
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to self-start
- Ability to remain calm, friendly, and solution-oriented under pressure
- Existing relationships with production partners and crew in key markets
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Drive, & Keynote, and project management software like Basecamp
The Photo Production Coordinator will work with multiple Photo Editors to support the research, development, and production of photographic stories and productions for National Geographic Media. This role includes the management of media assets for publication and distribution across print and digital platforms as well as to departments including Communications, Rights Clearance, National Geographic Image Collection, and National Geographic Society.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has the ability to work independently, and is able to solve problems creatively. The position requires excellent research skills to assist in researching feature stories. The role requires advanced technical skills to maintain databases, utilize content management systems, create Keynote presentations, and publish content across digital platforms. The Production Coordinator also assists with coverage plans, budgets, organization of photo shoots, and legal paperwork including restrictions, releases, permits, carnets, and letters of introduction.
- Pre-Production: Provide editorial and visual research in the development of feature stories for photo editors and photographers, using print and online sources; research costs and help define budget needs.
- Production: Assist Photo Editors to provide production and field support including: booking locations; hiring local fixers; providing risk documentation; coordinating interviews; and securing visa, permits, and releases. Assist on photo shoots on location and at headquarters as needed.
- Post-production: Oversee analog workflow and media management: create new projects in Media Grid; transfer files to K4 for layout; release final edits to Research department and writers; enter dummy and final captions for published and digital images; verify credit lines; transmit film and files to Engraving and Printing. Manage digital workflow and media management: uploading images and metadata into AEM, the CMS, and the Rights Management system. Serve as a liaison between other divisions of NG and NGP, providing information and assets to Communications; Marketing; Annual Contests; Exhibitions; and executive presentations.
- BA required, preferably in Journalism or Photography.
- At least one year of related experience.
- Some experience with production for digital platforms like web and devices, literacy in multimedia and related ethics, and/or experience with social media for business.
- Must be adept on a Mac and with basic software such as Microsoft Word, Filemaker Pro, and web browsers and have experience with multimedia software.