Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
A unique opportunity to grow with a boutique real estate law practice located in Midtown East, Manhattan.
Responsibilities include: assisting with due diligence items; preparing contracts, leases, operating agreements, resolutions, and closing statements; ordering payoffs, reviewing lien searches and clearing title reports; preparing files to close; preparation of deeds, transfer tax documents, affidavits, power of attorneys and other legal agreements. The individual should be comfortable coordinating closings, communicating with clients, counsel, managing agents, bankers, lenders, and all other related parties integral to a transaction.
Responsibilities also include general administrative duties and the paralegal will play an integral role in helping clients. The right candidate enjoys supporting a busy legal practice achieve their business goals, prides themselves on organizational abilities, pays meticulous attention to detail, and thrives in a flexible fast paced work environment.
Please apply with Cover letter and CV.
Preferred: Notary, Second language, 2+ years relevant experience.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from accredited four year institution
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Proactive, and self motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
- Notary Public (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Legal Operations US
This position is responsible for assisting in various types of litigation and legal matters pertaining to the bank and for providing assistance in the preparation of legal documents, research and compilation of data from various legal references as well as the preparation of drafts for contracts and maintenance of case filings and meeting minutes.
In this position, you will:
- Provide legal support on a wide array of corporate commercial transactions, litigation and business and retail lending activities
- Coordinate with and assist outside counsel on litigation to which the company is a party
- Assist in the development and delivery of reports and certain statistical information
- Coordinate with attorneys within the Legal Division in preparing responses to internal and external requests
- Prepare, audit and review various reports identifying and summarizing information relative to pending and closed legal actions, corporate governance, external counsel billings, etc.
- Assist with the inputting and reviewing of legal invoices and certain corporate reporting requirements
- Investigate, analyze and respond to requests from Federal and State governmental and other agencies
- Respond to branch inquiries concerning various retail banking issues and concerns
- Perform all other substantive duties as assigned to foster a team approach in the Legal Division
To be considered, you will need:
- Associate Degree or equivalent required with current Paralegal Certification
- Minimum four years experience working in a law office in a paralegal-type role
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
- Effective organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Excel
- Knowledge of banking products, services, policies, procedures and regulations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
ITHAKA is a successful non-profit with a mission to expand access to knowledge and education around the world, and we are seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented paralegal to support ITHAKA and its various services. As Paralegal, you will report directly to the Legal Operations Analyst & Paralegal, and will support the entire legal team, with a focus on contract management and docketing, permissions vetting, and business systems support. This person will also support the work of ITHAKA products and services such as Artstor, JSTOR, Ithaka S+R, Portico, and affiliates.
This is a terrific learning and growth opportunity for a paralegal with strong skills to join a small collegial team that serves all units across the organization, and can contribute successfully in the areas of contract management, intellectual property analysis, rights clearance, research, and various special projects.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Contract management and docketing through the use of Conga Contracts;
- Copyright clearance for content to be included in the Reveal Digital service;
- Careful review of requests by internal departments to use images and other content for outreach and promotional purposes, taking into account copyright, privacy, contract restrictions, and other considerations;
- Gain proficiency in the use of ITHAKA’s Copyright Checkpoint tool;
- Assisting the Legal Operations Analyst with implementation of business systems in a variety of areas, including Conga Contracts and DocuSign;
- Reconciliation and coding of invoices from outside counsel and other services for processing by Accounts Payable;
- With manager oversight, review monthly reports from anti-piracy vendor, identify unauthorized use of JSTOR content, and approve distribution of takedown notices;
- Undertaking supervised ad hoc projects; and
- Providing support to colleagues, and regularly exceeding expectations in the process.
Experience and Skills
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and two years minimum relevant experience in the areas of contract management, paralegal or administrative work, and business systems support. It also requires:
- Excellent skills in analytical thinking, specifically the ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and develop substantial conclusions.
- An extremely high level of attention to detail, with a strong sense urgency and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand general business operations and ITHAKA’s products and services, as well as issues and dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues.
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of other units in order to support their functions as well as to assist them in supporting the Legal department.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and experience with or capacity to become a power user of various business systems such as Conga Contracts and DocuSign.
- Commitment to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Work for ITHAKA
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions.
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.