Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles:
Director (VP), Business Transformation
We are searching for an expert in strategic communications, change management, organizational design, employee engagement and employer branding to help fuel our growth by leading large, complex Business Transformation client engagements. This role requires a strategic mindset – specifically, the ability to connect communications programs to business strategy – and the ability to drive project deliverables, achieve deadlines and deliver outstanding results. Enthusiastic, tireless, passionate and driven people please apply today!
As part of this role, you can expect to:
- Play a leading role in building out the firm’s Business Transformation capabilities, specifically in the areas of Strategic Communications, Change Management, Organizational Design, Employee Engagement, Organizational Culture and Employer Branding
- Develop and nurture senior-level client relationships, and act as a trusted advisor to clients
- Manage our clients’ expectations and our team’s delivery so we leave the client satisfied every time
- Collaborate with other lines of business and with peers in the Communications industry
- Support new business efforts and participate in pitching to new clients
- Develop and mentor staff, participate in the performance measurement process and help us build a strong, engaging, fun workplace culture
- Minimum of 10 years of previous work experience with expertise in Strategic Communications, Change Management, Organizational Design, Employee Engagement, Organizational Culture and Employer Branding
- Ability to quickly understand and analyze a client’s business strategy and industry landscape
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, to develop creative solutions and new programs that link communications to business strategy
- Experience with – or exposure to – strategic change management and change communication strategies and assignments
- Advanced writing, editing, organizational, strategic planning and analytical skills; ability to develop a broad range of communication materials for a variety of audiences, including senior-level management
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively
- Ability to manage teams and individuals in an inspiring and motivating way
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Attention to detail, time management and follow-through
- Working experience with either a Public Relations agency or a Management Consulting firm
- MBA degree or similar qualification would be beneficial
BCW is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data driven creative integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services.
- Develop and implement organization strategies that support improved client future-state organizational design and service delivery
- Manage the process for preparing organization design alternatives, testing them against design criteria, and aligning leadership groups around design selection and implementation
- Apply analytic and visualization tools to assess the impact of varying design and decision solutions
- Manage the process of identifying, assigning, and implementing decision making authority and responsibility to both individuals (decision rights) and groups (governance)
- Prepare workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to transition talent at all levels
- Design jobs and roles, create competency models and career paths to aid in the selection and transition of employees
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients through the organization design process
- Lead and contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
- Drive business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, client presentations, etc.
- Act in a mentoring capacity to support the career development of OT colleagues
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with at least one (1) year of relevant experience in an external consulting role
- Minimum four (4) years of experience leading multiple project teams simultaneously on relevant engagements
- Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas
- Bachelors’ degree
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of a team; experience in employee performance reviews
- Previous experience in project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
- Advanced degree in related specialization area
- Demonstrated interest in a profession in Human Capital work through professional organizations, coursework, certifications, conference attendance, etc.
- Strong analytic and data visualization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
How you’ll grow
We are in a period of amazing evolution in the design of our Financial Centers and other critical client touch points. We need an organizational change leader who can program manage the new initiatives so that we can move quickly and collaboratively. The organization of these projects will then springboard into an ability to understand and make recommence organization and make recommendations for how we might better move projects through our system with enhanced processes and the right tools.
- Organize and lead the collaborative cross-partnership program for the testing of new retail design initiatives.
- Support a specific portfolio of strategic transformation initiatives. Partner with initiative business leadership teams from scope and design through execution, implementation and impact stages.
- Provide strategic insights to translate strategic priorities into actionable game plans and ensure the right resources are in place, considering both capability and capacity; partner in execution, ensure the right KPI’s are in place to support the measurement of impact.
– Build and exhibit organizational capability in horizontal adaptation, change and transformation across the enterprise- consultative skills (asking the right questions, creating momentum with dialogue, driving towards deliverables and outcomes, project/portfolio management, organization design – structure and process, change management progress and outcome measurement).
- Identify additional opportunities/gaps in transformation initiatives and/or obstacles to be removed. Work with leadership on scoping/solutions to address opportunities and challenges.
- Minimum education level Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree and/or change management certification preferred
- Minimum years of experience: 8-10
- Strong intellectual capital paired with equally strong emotional intelligence and a desire to roll up their sleeves to get it done.
- Experienced working in large, complex organizations and has the ability to drive results through influence, persuasion and relationships.
- Assesses quickly and has a track record of getting up to speed quickly and adding immediate value to new situations.
- Exceptional ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties; translate complexity into the actionable.
- Think Strategically. Takes a broad view of the business, industry and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
- Aligns and Engages the team in the vision. Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving the vision, strategy, and goals.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Demonstrates Learning Agility. Has the ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
- Strives for Excellence in Execution. Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
Enterprise Job Description:
Responsible for brand management for large segment or region. Direct responsibility for brand development, management or environment. Product lines are complex, unique and critical. This associate may be responsible for hiring, managing, training and developing associates on their team.
Responsible for the execution of Organization Design and Change Management LBF Supply Chain programs within the brands, regions, and functions.
- Responsible for the development of the change management strategy and project plan for the strategic transformational initiative. Ensures scalability and alignment across the other major initiatives in flight.
- Fully owns, end to end, the change management process for strategic transformational initiatives including the stakeholder engagement, change readiness, and measurement and adoptions
- Responsible for the consistent execution of organizational Change Management programs for projects within Brands, Regions, and Functions
- Coaches and advises junior members of the team on the execution of change programs
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and areas of flex as initiatives and priorities shift.
- Liaise and collaborates with OD/CM leads across other business areas on the deployment and execution of OD/CM activities within a Function, Brand or Region
- Supports senior leaders to assess and propose OD/CM resourcing options for Business Areas
- Works with Business Area to assess and align on OD/CM risk based on existing initiatives and current OD/CM support levels
- Escalates Project/Initiative Change and OD Risk and Issues (as well as proposed mitigations) to senior leaders
- Leverages Estee Lauder Companies (ELC) OD/CM Methodology and tools/templates, in execution of all OD/CM initiatives
- Leverages ELC OD/CM effort and resource estimator and as necessary works with enterprise-wide OD/CM CoE to validate
- Facilitates Change and OD Workshops and Training sessions as necessary to develop organizational capability in OD/CM
High-Touch Leadership Competencies:
- Thinks Strategically: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate
and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and
management systems are required.
- Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision: Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving
the vision, strategy, and goals.
- Embraces and Initiates Change: Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to
initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
- Develops Talent and Capabilities: Identifies and cultivates essential skills and attributes to maximize
individual contribution and engagement.
- Energizes and Enables Others: Ignites passion and releases potential to drive success.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion
of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly
mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
- Strives for Excellence in Execution: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational
effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
- Experience in change management is a requirement.
- Background in retail is a plus.
- Background in supply chain, including supply and demand planning, manufacturing, transportation and new product launch is a plus.
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelors
- Minimum Years of Experience: 4
- % Travel Time: 20%
Job: Human Resources
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyses change. Our Sales and Account Management (S&AM) business is undertaking significant global transformation and is equipped with a dedicated S&AM Transformation function that exists to transform change into opportunity, unlock value and propel growth. Our S&AM Transformation team is focused on shaping ideas and building realities to drive business performance targets. We’re bold, focused and open – if you are passionate about driving forward our S&AM book of change, join us in bringing our transformation vision to life.
The role of the Organizational Change Manager is to ensure that all change initiatives in S&AM are understood, that users are prepared to adopt the new ways of working ensuring that business processes, working practices, systems and support structures across the business are adjusted to drive tangible and non-tangible business benefits.
The Organizational Change Manager will be responsible for regional change delivery focusing on the people side of change. Ensuring that each initiative is effectively delivered and embedded into the relevant business areas by means of carefully developed and coordinated change management plans.
Specifically, the Organizational Change Manager will ensure:
- All change impacts are understood and documented
- Change plan is prepared to ensure each different business area is sufficiently prepared for the impact of the new ways of working
- To ensure effective management of the regional Change Network
- Business readiness planning and execution
- Adoption and reinforcement plans are in place
Activities will include, but not limited to:
- Prepare detailed Impact Assessments for change delivery within the Americas
- Deliver comprehensive Change Management Plans
- Management of the Change Network including regular forums
- Prepare Business Readiness plans and metrics
- Stakeholder Management within the region
- Work closely with Communications and L&D teams to ensure seamless delivery of the Change
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of dedicated organizational change experience – people side of change, rather than project management experience
- A solid understanding of change management methodologies (e.g. Prosci/Kotter)
- Change management certification preferred (e.g. Prosci)
- Demonstrable experience producing change management deliverables, such as, change impact assessments, business readiness plans, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience with a varied scale and type of organizational change efforts