Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
The Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative (GVEC) is a member-owned cooperative that provides Electric, Internet, and Beyond the Meter services. With the mission of exceeding the expectations of those we serve, we seek talented professionals interested in providing value for our customers and coworkers. In our fast-paced Network Engineering team, GVEC wants team members who can deliver the unexpected through attitude, results, and a willingness to continuously develop themselves, their department, and our organization.
GVEC is looking for a Network Architect to join their Network Engineering team. This person should be a highly motivated individual that possesses the ability to perform and lead a broad range of network services to internal and external customers. This position is directly involved with a network team designing and building scalable secure networks with various hardware.
- Design and maintain a scalable ISP network, including topological / protocol hierarchies, redundancy and policies
- Strong understanding of IP Routing Protocols, design and optimization
- Drive and implement network solutions-based architectures to increase efficiencies
- Perform scheduled network maintenance activity
- Work on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead
- Drive network standards and provide feedback to the Network Engineering team
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience, for both internal and external customers
- Provide after hours On-Call support, as required
- Other duties as so assigned
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated service provider architectures and applications
- Understanding of large-scale network capacity management and modeling
- Strong large-scale network troubleshooting and problem diagnosis from Layer 1 to application performance issues
- In depth knowledge with multi-vendor L2/L3 networking including Juniper, Extreme, and Brocade
- MPLS network architecture, design, and implementation including traffic-engineering, L3VPN, L2VPN/VPLS
- Building and testing transport and datacenter network overlays using EVPN and VXLAN
- Understanding of Junos Subscriber Management features and implementation
- Excellent problem-solving skills – able to effectively troubleshoot minor issues independently
- Demonstrated ability to effectively evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. Able to work independently with impeccable sense of integrity
- Team player with the resolve to provide and take constructive criticism that helps evolve the team
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and verbal communications skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Experience with FTTH network design and implementation, using Adtran TA 5000 series access platforms
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $131,000.00 to $161,000.00 /year
- Network: 10 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
We currently have a need for a Senior Network Architect to support a Global Network Infrastructure environment. Global Financial Services, Healthcare or Pharmaceutical experience is strongly preferred.
- Develop and deploy scalable solutions for both global networks and data centers.
- Identify, research, evaluate and implement emerging network technologies.
- Maintain and manage the global network.
- Responsible for configuration, installation and maintenance and in-depth troubleshooting tasks and documenting any network issues.
- Work with Network Planning teams to implement new solutions.
- Manage multiple vendors and technologies.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with vendors.
- Escalation of problems as appropriate to management.
- 7+ years’ experience with enterprise-level network design and deployment.
- Proficient with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core routing and switching, LAN/WAN/ MAN services.
- Proficient in routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, MPLS-TP.
- Solid experience in designing and supporting IP networks for voice, data and video in a Service Provider environment using SIP, MGCP, RTP, Multicasting, and Unicasting.
- Experience with Cisco VSS switches, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 2K configuration and design. As well, as Arista Switches.
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing a SDWAN solution.
- Knowledge of ACI Datacenter technologies.
- Ability to analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, including packet-level traffic analysis.
- Configuring, deploying and/or troubleshooting Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Experience working in large enterprise networks is desired. The ability to work under pressure and interface with senior management will be key to these roles.
Medly is an app-based digital pharmacy that delivers prescription medication for free to patients across the nation. We envision a world in which everyone can get the medication they need at the prices they can afford, regardless of their income, lifestyle or diagnosis.
We are seeking an IT Network Engineer to take ownership of the technical systems supporting our site connectivity.
What you’ll do:
- Refine the standardization of our network infrastructure
- Manage the network component of new site openings including ordering, configuring and shipping necessary equipment
- Act as the point of contact for network issues on our ticketing system
- Travel to new sites to open and upgrade infrastructure as needed
- Retroactively apply security policies to existing infrastructure
- Manage site to site VPN connections
- Optimize networks for voice traffic
- Define network segmentation standards for security components, backbone components, voice and data traffic
- Order, manage and document ISP circuits
- Institute network monitoring and alerting
- Create and host training sessions on network-related topics
- Perform security assessments of network services
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Unlimited room for growth and development
- The ability to make a noticeable impact and improve lives
What you’ll need:
- 2-4 or more years in a network-focused role, preferably in a startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field strongly preferred
- Experience working with Meraki (strongly preferred)
- Advanced computing and networking knowledge
- Comfort speaking to and training large groups
Medly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are devoted to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Network Engineering: 2 years (Required)
CCNP Network Engineer
Immediate need for a strong level Field Engineer with excellent Route / Switch skills.
Objectives for this position:
- 8 plus years experience
- Very Strong Layer 2 & 3 Networking Skills
- Strong skills in Route / Switch skills, Cisco Data Center (Nexus, UCS, and /or Virtualization a plus) technologies
- Experience in VMware and Storage solutions is a big plus
- Excellent presentation, communication & customer interaction skills required
- Ideal candidate is extremely polished with excellent experience presenting to and interacting with senior level executive management within organizations.
What you’ll be doing:
- 90% Implementation Solutions Design / Engineering
- Work with customers to develop enterprise solutions.
- Present technical white board demonstrations to clients.
- Create solution/design to fulfill customer requirements.
- Use configuration tools to provide accurate bill of materials.
- Perform technical presentations to customer base.
- Create design Visio’s of customer solutions.
- Provide supporting documentation to enterprise solutions
- Responsible for the technical delivery for proposed solution to our customers
- Work closely with Lead Solution Delivery Architect engineer to understand the customer requirements and solution sold
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with aggressive deadlines
- Responsible for system installation and configuration testing support, troubleshooting and issue resolution, client training
- Communication Skills
Job Type: Contract
- Network Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- VMWare: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cisco ISE: 5 years (Required)
- Cisco Routers & Switches: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- New York, NY 10001 (Required)
- CCNP (Required)