Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Senior Media Planner
- Assist the Manager in development of communication plan options and recommendations
- Gather and analyze appropriate research to provide sound, strategic, consumer-insights driven media recommendations
- Present Media plans and own plan maintenance from start to finish
- Need to have strong attention to detail, responsive, and able to multi-task is essential
Manage communications across multiple teams and be able to aggregate information and client deliverables
- Demonstrate proficiency with industry research partners and systems/tools (MRI, MRI, Kantar, Comscore etc)
- Maintain accurate budget control and flow of media activity, and update client on timely/consistent basis
- Demonstrate strong understanding of media fundamentals, including media math, target audience development, and communication goals (reach/frequency)
- Ensure proper execution of communication plans by working closely with the activation teams
- Develop collaborative working relationship style with multiple stakeholder across teams(where/when applicable), helping create a seamless communication process
- Demonstrate creativity and agility when problem solving
- Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities
- Prepare media authorizations per approved plans/project requests
- Prepare & cascade buying specifications upon client authorizations
- Deliver accuracy and timely delivery of all work
- Act as a primary contact for internal teams
- Ensures quality control of media deliverables that go to clients
- Demonstrate management skills to lead associates and encourages learning across the department
Reed & Associates Marketing, Inc. (R&A) R&A is seeking a Media Director to lead the vision and strategy for the media department. Must be well versed in different media types, from offline traditional media to digital channels, to implement the most effective marketing campaigns for our clients. Comparative experience required.
- Effectively lead team of media planners | buyers, ensuring career development and job satisfaction
- Local, regional and national media research, planning and buying across all media platforms
- Maintain cooperative cross-functional relations across all agency departments
- Cultivate strong working relationships with media representatives
- Effectively communicate media rationale direct to clients and prospects
- Analyze internal performance reporting and adjust based on findings
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data to support media recommendations i.e. trending, rates, audience reach, CPM
- Effective negotiating skills to close competitive deals with media channels
- Direct quarterly post buy analysis reporting, securing associated make-goods
- Effectively and judiciously develop and maintain an optimal media mix for our valued clients
- Oversee, monthly media billing and creative traffic reconciliation
- Spearhead the research and implementation of new media strategies
- Strong project management skills
- Manage internal media forms, including advertising calendars and broadcast schedules
- Ability to develop and implement annual team and department goals
- General leadership of Media Department
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 – 10+ years of media planning and/or buying experience
- Marketing agency experience preferred
- Associate or Media Director experience preferred
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail
- Familiarity with digital marketing
- Experience with budget planning and KPIs
- Strong decision-making skills
- Knowledge of all media channels
- A solid work ethic with the self-motivation needed to exceed expectations
- Technologically savvy, remaining on top of the latest trends
- Good numerical and data management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to function effectively under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with various media tools
- Proficient in Excel
About Reed & Associates Marketing:
Started in 2008, Reed & Associates Marketing (R&A), headquartered in Norfolk, Va., is a national marketing agency that specializing in advertising, media buying, public relations, social media and more. R&A a client-centric group of marketing professionals focused on strategic performance-based analysis. With a healthy mix of seasoned advertising professionals coupled with young and emerging talent, the office environment lends itself to being one of openness, camaraderie and collaboration. The carefully-cultivated R&A team has completed work locally, regionally and nationally for more than 30 clients around the country. The company supports corporate social responsibility by fundraising, volunteering and partnering with various local and national non-profits. As a result of our commitment to philanthropy, R&A was named a recipient of a 2014 Corporate VOLUNTEER Excellence Award.
For more information, please visit ReedandAssociatesMarketing.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Media Buying: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Gather and organize data about the brand, consumer and marketplace.
- Assist in budget tracking, management and reporting.
- Learn and apply general and media industry tools and systems.
- Generate paperwork necessary for purchase authorizations.
- Resolve billing discrepancies.
- Active involvement in internal meetings and brainstorm sessions.
- Meet with media representatives to evaluate opportunities.
- Engage with members of the team and agency at large.
- Participate in professional development program/courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong communication skills.
- Mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Solid research and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments; meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player.
- Advanced Excel, PPT and Pivot Table skills required.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS).
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.
We’re looking for a well-rounded media planner with 2+ years of experience across traditional and digital channels. This person will contribute to media plan development and manage all media campaigns, from campaign setup and execution to optimization. They will manage relationships with publisher partners and lead internal discussions on media recommendations and best practices. This unique opportunity at a full-service agency allows strategic thinkers to work inside the creative process to help shape the optimal campaign while ensuring media objectives are met.
- Development and tactical implementation of multichannel media campaigns
- Help develop media goals, objectives, and strategies and evaluate publisher partner offerings and proposals to determine alignment, providing rationale for media plan options, media channel usage, and plan recommendations
- Conduct publisher partner negotiations and contracting and oversee all aspects of campaign setup through media buy and insertion orders; tagging, trafficking, and flighting; media buy setup; and post-launch QA
- Manage campaign performance across campaigns and contribute to optimization recommendations through pacing and analytics reports, including insights, implications, and optimizations
- Oversee an associate planner’s management of all media budgets, financials, savings reports, purchase orders, and insertion orders
- Build and maintain strong relationships with publisher partners to help facilitate planning and buying process, including RFP consideration set and client and internal POVs, and keep abreast of latest updates and offerings
- Evaluate and, upon approval, negotiate proposals and costs to maximize efficiencies
- Serve as the main point of contact with publisher partners post-launch through campaign flighting and optimizations, and post-campaign performance evaluation
- Build rapport with clients and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to communicate media strategies and creative
- Oversee the development of and updates for the production workbook and trafficking request forms that inform team of media details, including timing, specs for production hand-off, tagging and trafficking, and flighting
- Review campaign creative against channel best practices to ensure optimal performance
- Minimum 2 years of media planning and buying experience
- Experience in media planning and buying process within the pharmaceutical industry across HCP and DTC
- Strong knowledge of the vendor landscape, both traditional and digital, and across tactics (eg, programmatic, endemic, EHR) to help develop consideration set for planning and new opportunities for clients
- Self-starter who can operate individually and as part of a larger team
- Analytical thinker with excellent quantitative skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects effectively and work well under pressure to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and specific industry tools and technology (eg, DCM)
- Experience leveraging third-party research (eg, Kantar) to inform media recommendations
- Competency in media math, financial management, publisher terms and conditions, and performance reports
- Bachelor’s degree or higher