Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Marketing Communications Director
MyKlovr.com helps high school students get into better colleges and prepare for their careers. We’re a team on a mission. MyKlovr uses artificial intelligence to evaluate a high-school student’s academic record, standardized tests, activities, preferences, and strengths and to present a concrete action plan that will help that student plan for their college admission journey and career.
We are an early-stage company based in mid-town Manhattan. Our small team of experienced professionals has taken myKlovr from concept to market-ready product, and from free-trial users to a rapidly growing foundation of paying corporate clients. We are poised for explosive growth and are growing our team to match our emerging needs. Our founding team has experience in finance, digital and mobile entertainment, high-growth consumer products, technology consulting, and partnership and channel sales.
A position with myKlovr offers you high visibility, the ability to impact our performance directly, access to experienced leaders, daily learning opportunities, and the ability to grow rapidly.
We are seeking a marketing communications director with 4-6 years’ experience supporting digital or mobile products in both B2B and B2C contexts.
Your core mission will be to create, edit, leverage, and optimize a general marketing effort to:
- raise awareness of myKlovr’s product among target audiences
- aid our sales team in communicating the benefits of myKlovr to corporate decision makers
- increase ongoing awareness and engagement with our product once users are enrolled
- Develop, maintain, and communicate marketing communication plans and schedules
- Generate and refine sales support materials
- Generate, schedule, and traffic blog posts using contract writers
- Manage generation, distribution, and performance monitoring of press releases
- Manage user onboarding and post-sign-up engagement email campaigns
- Manage our corporate website (WordPress)
- Manage an internal team of graphic design interns and external resources as needed
- Collaborate with distribution partners and corporate clients on the presentation of the myKlovr product within their own websites and platforms (copywriting, propose and evaluate designs)
- Assist the sales team in preparing client proposals and RFI responses
- Additional reasonable duties as needed
- Adhere to company policies regarding data security, confidentiality, attendance, and office conduct
Skills and characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understand advertising design
- Diplomatic and assertive as needed
- Moderate to strong analytical skills
- Basic advertising analytics
- Comfortable in an early-stage business environment with informal systems and an emphasis on self-directed performance and accountability
- MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word / Google Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Familiarity with: WordPress, Trello, HootSuite, MailChimp (or similar), common graphic design tools
- Working with and directing graphic designers
- Project management
- Display ad trafficking (AdWords AdManager/DFP)
- Email campaign management (MailChimp or similar using lists, templates, programmed campaigns)
- A/B testing for copy, design, schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or business
- 2-4 years’ experience in digital marketing
- First-hand experience advancing from a US high school to a US college
- Available to work 9A – 6P, M-F in our mid-town Manhattan office with occasional late evenings, often without advance notice
Compensation and Benefits:
- $80,000 – $100,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Liquidity participation rights (similar to stock options)
- Medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability insurance with 50% company contribution
- 15 days combined PTO per year, 5 sick days, standard company holidays
- Unlimited cuddles with our office golden retriever
eSentio Technologies is a leading provider of technology consulting and implementation services to law firms and corporate legal departments. Our clients include some of the largest and most technically advanced law firms in the country. Our teams of consultants are industry leaders who are among the most experienced in their fields. This leadership is reflected in that our consultants are frequent speakers at industry conferences. In addition, they have written numerous articles and are regularly quoted in industry publications.
The Strategic Marketing Communications Manager must be willing to bring the firm to the next level. The ideal candidate will define, plan, implement and oversee marketing and business development materials, client pitches, proposals, presentations, client events, special projects etc. to achieve the marketing goals of the firm. Position is able to work from our Washington, DC office or telecommute from anywhere in the United States.
Responsibilities include assisting practice area leaders in the development/implementation of marketing plans, development of Firm & practice group marketing materials, promoting/coordinating media and speaking opportunities & managing media relationships, writing/editing marketing materials, maintaining/updating website content, developing/facilitating marketing training, assisting practice area leaders in the RFP process, assisting in market research, planning special events, and assisting in seminar and conference preparation.
- Up to 20%
- 5+ years of marketing experience in a professional services environment (legal vertical or law firm experience highly desirable).
- Superb communications skills; high energy; and the ability to generate ideas.
- Strong planning skills and ability to understand long-term goals while prioritizing efforts to focus on business needs, details and results.
- Strong project management, organizational, attention to detail, research, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to delegate and manage resources effectively.
- Prior experience working in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently and take ownership of projects/tasks.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management, staff and clients in a highly effective and professional manner.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience managing marketing aspects of industry events and conferences.
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, PowerPoint, presentation and organizational/project planning software applications and InterAction.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent.
About Our Company
We are committed to providing value to the clients we serve by giving candid, unbiased recommendations on the technologies that will best serve that particular firm’s needs. We believe that law firms are service providers to their clients and as such, technology investments should be based on sound business decisions, not just the intricacies of the technology. We also believe in unparalleled, uncompromising client service. Our success has stemmed largely from our core belief in doing what is best for our clients and exceeding their expectations for service, knowledge, value and innovation.
We view every member of our team as a professional and expect a very high level of professionalism in all areas work as a result. One of the reasons so many of us enjoy being a part of eSentio is working with such a great group of people. There are many brilliant, very hard-working individuals at eSentio who are also great people to be around and get to know.
eSentio has a corporate culture common to many small to medium sized high-tech firms – and this means we work hard but strive to maintain a fun work environment. eSentio offers all employees a highly rewarding compensation package that includes a variety of salary and bonus options. Another way we reward employees for hard work is through an annual company incentive trip. Consultants become eligible by achieving their goals for the year. Previous destinations have included Jamaica and the Dominican Republic!
New York City
Salary: Up to $110k, based on experience
Terrific Marketing Communications Director position at a NYC-based nonprofit organization focused on raising funds and awareness in the US for a world-class International education and research institution. This position will be the right hand of the Chief Marketing Officer and be responsible for implementing their marketing plan and supporting a national development team that raises approximately $50 million each year. The role will be integrally involved in a rebranding effort, slated for launch in September 2020. This shall include working with their branding agency and implementation of new materials. The Marketing Communications Director will lead marketing/promotion initiatives for more than 200 events of all sizes annually, which shall include invitations, marketing collateral, as well as digital and social efforts. This role is not responsible for events planning and logistics. Qualified candidates should have approximately 8-10+ years of relevant experience, including nonprofit events marketing and promotion. Strong project management and writing skills are also required. Salary is up to $110k, based on experience.
- Oversight of brand implementation, including all print and digital collateral
- Support national development team by providing collateral required for successful fundraising initiatives
- Integrally involved in a rebranding project slated for launch in September 2020
- Lead website and social media content creation and management
- Create and provide marketing materials and lead event registration for 200+ events annually
- Lead the Marketing department in the CMO’s absence
- Bachelor’s degree
- Approximately 8-10+ years relevant non-profit or higher ed experience, including events marketing and promotion
- Experience designing and implementing fundraising and other marketing collateral
- Knowledge of the print, digital and social media processes
- Ability to manage external designers and freelancers
- Experience with WordPress, Blackbaud Luminate or other CRM’s a plus