Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Lead Manager, Market Research and Insights
The Lead Manager, Market Research and Insights is responsible for the end-to-end planning and execution of primary research projects for Xandr Marketing. The person in this role will need to have a full understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods in order to plan research projects, manage research vendors, and turn research findings into actionable insights that shape the future direction of Xandr’s marketing, sales and brand strategy. The ideal candidate will be insights-driven, detail-oriented, and able to articulate the value of primary research to various stakeholders across the organization.
- Design a research roadmap, prioritizing and deprioritizing strategic projects aimed to establish Xandr as an industry thought leader.
- Coordinate and collaborate across cross-functional teams in order to identify business questions, challenges and hypotheses to be tested.
- Plan and implement various market research studies to answer key business questions based on comprehensive integration of primary, secondary and competitive intelligence sources.
- Manage external consultants and/or vendors including sending out RFIs, analysis, data processing, questionnaire design, link testing, and recruitment support, and oversight of end to end project execution.
Training and Special Skills
- You have 5-8 years of market research experience, particularly in supporting the work of Marketing and Brand teams. The ideal candidate will have experience in the advertising, entertainment and/or marketing industries.
- Are confident in a diverse set of research methodologies- both qualitative and quantitative.
- Ability to run research yourself (e.g. questionnaire design, sampling approaches, tabulation planning, fieldwork management, data analysis), as well as leading third-party vendors
- Have well-developed analytical skills and excellent creative communication skills
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task among many different projects at once
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) a must.
- Love working with numbers and enjoy translating data into compelling, visually interesting presentations.
- You are an experienced presenter, with a strong interest in leading client presentations.
About the Job
Understand client objectives and distill findings that are insightful and actionable.
- Synthesize data and research trends from a variety of sources to develop strategic insights that will become the foundation for communications program development for existing clients and for new business pitches
- Develop concise, well-thought out reports and presentations that tell a story and serve to inform account teams and clients who may be less-versed with data from research and/or measurement platforms
- Analyzing and interpreting social/digital data
- Understanding client objectives to distill findings that are insightful and actionable
- Interpretation of YouGov, Canvas8, comScore, Quid and/or other types of secondary data
- Development of target audience profiles, secondary research summaries, and trends reports
- Conducting original research either through survey questionnaires, focus group screeners
Conduct Social Media Research and Analysis:
- Learn the newest social data tools (e.g. Radian 6, Sysomos, Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Talkwalker) to understand what consumers are saying about our clients’ business
Measure success of communication programs:
- Have an impact on the strategy, execution and optimization of marketing and communications programs
- Evaluate results of marketing and communications programs
- Drive business for Ketchum Analytics by having a visible role within the NY office and educating account teams on research and measurement offerings
- Ability to work efficiently through multiple platforms (email, IM, in-person) and with colleagues in various time zones across the West Coast, Midwest, East Coast and London
- Familiarity with social media and online communities in relation to broader media mix
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant courses or field of study preferably in Marketing, Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- Experience in a quantitative or qualitative field
- Aptitude to translate trends, technologies and metrics into conversational English
- Strong writing skills
- Interest in social media platforms and how companies are using the tools to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/social media pages
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to create partnerships and build connections that will drive business
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to work independently
- Interest or experience with Social data, Web Analytics, Paid Media or SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of/Expertise or desire to learn any or all of the following:
- Web site analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Omniture
- Secondary databases, such as YouGov, Canvas8, comScore, Quid
- HTML, Java, R, Python, SQL or similar language coding
- Social media measurement and social media monitoring tools, such as Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Radian6, Sysomos, Talkwalker, etc.
- Python, SPSS, Stata, SAS, R or similar statistical package capabilities IND13
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Lieberman, Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity for a Market Research Quality Control Manager. The incumbent will work hand-in-hand with our Operations team in making sure client projects get done right the first time and we don’t waste time with a lot of back and forth with updates and changes. S/he will know Market Research from a Project Director’s view but will be focused on Data Tabulation and Tab Plans, Questionnaires, Checking and Proofing Survey Programs, Data Files, Coding, and Data Reporting. A high level of attention to detail and organization is a must.
- Act as liaison between Project teams and Operations
- Ensure survey programs and data tabulations meet internal deadlines
- Check tab plans against surveys, and final tabulations
- Proof survey drafts before they are given to survey programmers
- Check partial survey data and partial tabulations
- Approve/edit code books
- Ensure final tabulations are ready for charting/posting software
- Review programmed questionnaires for accuracy and logic
- Train staff in best practices with respect to questionnaire writing and tabulations
- Partner with and provide guidance to research teams on market research best practice
- 3-5 years’ experience in supplier side market research
- BA/BS in related field (market research, psychology, sociology, economics, business, industrial psychology, etc.)
- Excellent MS Office skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SPSS
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector a plus
- Bonus points for candidates who have experience with software that automates the data posting in PPT reports
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. In addition we have a casual dress code, summer Fridays, and a collegial, collaborative environment. For immediate consideration please apply online at https://lieberman.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Lieberman, Inc. is a mid-sized, custom market research company headquartered in Great Neck, NY. We are a fast-growing, first rate market research and consulting company with many Fortune 500 clients. Lieberman is an organization that builds strong lasting client relationships based on highly skilled and dedicated employees delivering world-class service. We offer a stimulating environment allowing every professional to reach his or her full potential. For more information visit us online at http://www.liebermanresearch.com
Established in 1999, Insight Strategy Group LLC (ISG) (www.insightstrategygroup.com) is a leading consumer research and strategy agency that combines social science expertise with deep demographic and cultural understanding to decode consumer behavior, fuel brand growth, and innovate products, services, and content. ISG partners with clients on consumer deep dives, segmentations, brand positioning and tracking, customer experience, concept development, and testing, and related needs across the product and content development and marketing lifecycle. ISG serves a broad array of lifestyle industries, including media and entertainment, food and beverage, retail, style, health and wellness, travel and leisure, and consumer technology. ISG, along with its sister companies MarketCast, Fizziology, and Turnkey Intelligence are business units of MarketCast Group, a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Company, a leading private equity firm headquartered in New York.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Be an idea contributor and an active voice in team brainstorming
Help translate brand, marketing, and business objectives into qualitative and quantitative research plans
Develop research instruments and thoughtful, clever approaches to data analysis
Conduct qualitative and quantitative research; experience in quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis) highly preferred
Gain a robust, textured understanding of who consumers are and how they connect to our clients’ businesses through a variety of research methods
Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights and implications for client’s business
Be a nimble thinker who can balance both big picture and tactical ideas
Write reports that communicate key insights and strategic recommendations in a clear, creative, and compelling manner
Have a graduate degree in the social sciences (e.g., psychology, anthropology) or marketing
Have 2-3 years of experience in market research, or in a brand/marketing consulting role that involves hands-on primary research; experience in quantitative research (e.g., survey design and analysis) highly preferred
Have experience in one or more of the following industries: retail, consumer goods, food and beverage, travel and hospitality
Be curious about people, what drives them, and why they do what they do
Be a creative thinker and a proactive problem solver
Have strong written and oral communication skills
Have the desire and willingness to work as part of a team
Be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities
Be enthusiastic and high energy
- Graduate degree in the social sciences (e.g., psychology, anthropology) or marketing
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment
- 90% of the day spent sitting in front of a computer
- Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 25 lbs. without restrictions
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer and extended periods of telephone
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing computer)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K with company matching, unlimited vacation & sick, catered lunches and a fun work environment!
At Insight Strategy Group, we don’t just accept difference – we embrace it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our global culture and success. Insight Strategy Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Interpret market trends and translate into marketing ideas to promote serves in the housing market. Provide competitive intelligence and market analysis of trends in the field, including the socio-economic, educational and professional profile of the target market. Develop, maintain, and analyze real estate database for lead generation, strategic marketing & research purposes. Forecast revenues, costs and sales growth. Create and run forecasting models, provide analysis of sales activities and marketing campaigns, design & execute research projects to answer particular business questions, collect, analyze and interpret general market & proprietary data, develop primary research questionnaires and discussion guides for research studies.
Minimum requirements: Associate’s degree in Business Management or Marketing (or foreign equivalent degree) and 2 years of experience in job offered or in related occupations
9am-6pm, Monday – Friday (40 hours per week)
- Keeping all pertinent data current used by market analysis and marketing strategy within S.F. Express’s current business plan; aligning marketing strategies supported by newest verifiable market data within corporate group and Regional offices; conducting additional data collection on how shipping pricing, transition time, and customer spending point rewards will impact on sales and market shares, compose an illustration of data graphically and translation complex findings into written text in the context of S.F. Express’s operation;
- Collecting information to plan for new location expansion and create new procedures to maximize daily efficiency; identifying new trends in express delivery services industry, assessing how it impacts the local submarkets where S.F. Express covers, and recommending viable modifications of existing strategies in aspects of pricing, advertising and other marketing campaigns;
- Cooperating with sales department to develop new client, and interconnectivity of equipment; making business initiatives including creating new symbolic icons, drafting simple and concise messages on symbolic icons, matching new icons with upcoming promotion materials; identifying new business channels through attending industry related trade shows and quarterly events and studying industry journals and publications and related findings to the business reality of S.F. Express;
- Evaluating client satisfaction by designing and conducting client surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires; proper interpreting survey results and comparing them with standards set out within S.F. Express’s existing service training manual to recommend procedure improvements or amendments;
- Constantly monitoring and assessing the market challenges in the logistics industry, such as changes in market demands and transportation costs, and reporting impacts to S.F. Express’s management; assisting in coordinating cost collection for budget planning purposes including researching, locating, evaluating and making initial contacts with potential fitting shipping contractors/suppliers locally and internationally to maximize cost utilities within company’s budget constraints; acting as a liaison between shipping contractors/suppliers and company management to maintain long-term relationship with stable shipping suppliers;
- Collecting viable information on all existing competitors, i.e. FedEx, DHL, Dynamic Parcel Distribution, and UPS; summarizing findings and updating the list of direct competitors to the managements and assessing competitive advantages and disadvantages of S.F. Express’s business; recommending strategies in terms of pricing, featured services and market campaign strategies;
- Propose improvements on gateway operations KPI’s, assisting management to make decisions on establishing new geographical service locations, suitable promotional activities, marketing campaign to each specific location;
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending all operation training; choreographing and executing advertising and marketing programs; share daily report and task on Enterprise collaboration Platform on time.
Key Qualifications: Master’s degree in Finance and 3 years’ experience as market research analyst required.
Hours: (Time Schedule/days/hours) 40 Hours
Job Location: 230-39 International Airport Center Blvd, Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
Description of the Company
AplusA Bell Falla (AABF) is the US subsidiary of AplusA Research, a global market research firm that specializes in international, primary research for the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors, including those in biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, and over-the-counter drugs.
For over 25 years, AplusA has been guiding lifecycle management of the most innovative healthcare products worldwide. Each week, our dedicated fieldwork teams manage medical market research studies in more than 20 countries covering both mature and emerging markets.
With our HQ in Lyon and offices in Paris, London, Munich and New York metro area, AplusA benefits from a rich multi-cultural working environment with over 15 different nationalities represented.
We are continuously innovating and constantly growing!
Overview and Responsibilities: Project Manager, Quantitative Market Research
The ideal candidate will have significant mastery/understanding of quantitative market research processes, including research instrument design, fielding coordination, analysis planning and report production. This individual must possess superior project and people management skills and have a track record of successfully managing marketing research projects from initiation through completion.
The goal for the US-based quantitative research team is to support the organization’s growth by providing project management and analytics support for quantitative research projects led by AABF’s senior research executives. This position will report to the Quantitative Market Research Director.
Within the first 2 months
- Learn and embrace AABF’s business model
- Demonstrate effective communication top, down, and across
- Master and fully integrate the use of AABF’s internal SOPs
- Liaise and partner with AABF and AplusA peers for a successful execution of quantitative market research studies
- Provide project management support for research initiatives assigned:
- Manage quantitative studies from design to presentation of results
- Participate in project initiation and steward project through completion
- Participate in research design including development of questionnaire
- Liaise with the fieldwork department to ensure smooth progress of fieldwork in all markets
- Liaise with other internal departments (programming, charting, advanced analytics teams) to ensure successful execution of research projects
- Analyze results and deliver reports to AABF’s senior research executives
- Collaborate with colleagues in the US and in France to promote the optimal use of internal resources, implementation of SOPs & best practices, and development and adoption of new tools/standards.
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing research, social studies or other related field (required)
- of 4 -6 years’ market research project management experience (agency side)
- Demonstrated success in executing market research projects on time and within budget
- Experience in working on multi market and complex quantitative research studies
- Proven project management, time management and organizational skills
- Experienced in various quantitative research methodologies, including ATUs, market segmentation, choice modeling, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and professionalism
- Mastery of MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook; experience in SPSS / SAS is a plus but not required
You must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
This position is based in our office in Newark, NJ.
Please apply via email to recrute(a)aplusaresearch.comwith “Project Manager, NJ” in the subject line and include a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance