Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Loss Prevention Manager
Peloton, New York, NY 10011
Peloton’s Regional Loss Prevention Managers (Retail and Field Operations) support Peloton’s Safety and Loss Prevention/Security programs within physical retail, logistics and distribution center environments. Execution of all incident management, physical security, shrink control, workplace violence, investigation and crisis response strategies (within their assigned areas of influence) are the responsibility of the RLPM. RLPMs are a key member of Peloton’s People Team organization, working with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. In this role you will work collaboratively with key leaders and employees to deliver programs that enhance a culture of safety, security and shrink control with activities including: implementing security standards; delivering meaningful security and shrink trainings that leads to strong knowledge transfer and working with operational partners to deliver innovative programs to prevent safety and security incidents and drive profitability. A successful RLPM will deliver measurable results, inspire change, build trust and drive an enhanced culture of safety and security by leveraging innovation and lean principles. This position is field-based.
- Enhance, track, and report on key performance-indicating metrics, driving performance improvements to achieve desired outcomes in a timely manner
- Investigate internal and external theft or fraud and conduct investigative interviews when appropriate
- Effectively address security incidents, including workplace violence incidents
- Implement and test incident response plans
- Ensure that team members understand, align performance and actions with, and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department
- Ensure internal Controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to area are fulfilled
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert
- Developing business cases which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes
- Recruit, hireg, develop and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization when needed
- Results oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Serve as the safety and security auditor for distribution sites to ensure compliance with internal standards and applicable OSHA regulations.
Qualifications (Must haves)
- 4 year degree from accredited university, or equivalent military or professional experience
- Wicklander-Zulawski certification (required)
- 5+ years’ experience in one of all of the following disciplines; loss prevention, asset protection, transportation/supply chain security, guard force utilization, and investigations
- 5+ years’ experience overseeing multiple locations across a large geographical area
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service driven environment
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and CCTV
- Experience leading teams and providing management, leadership, and mentoring to team members as needed
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace safety standards
- Up to 30% travel (domestic)
- Able to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to haves)
- Strong familiarity with databases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Analytical leader experienced in performance-based action and results-oriented management, as well as strong project manager and effective problem solver
- Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision and deliver results within specific timeframes
- 7+ years experience in warehouse or distribution center services
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- OSHA 10/30 hr course completion
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.Peloton
Loss Prevention Manager-
The Loss Prevention Manager – Fulfillment Centers (FC) leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide risk mitigation, provide security oversight and asset (People, Property, & Data) protection within the assigned location. The Loss Prevention Manager is a key member of the operations organization, working with the FC Operational team as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization. This position will have direct reports.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enhance, track, and report on key Loss Prevention network goals and metrics
- Proactively analyze leading indicators to create, influence, drive, and deliver results on performance
- Oversee and lead investigations of theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
- Engage, coach, train, and influence business partners within FC’s to be an extension of Loss Prevention by equipping them with knowledge to identify leading indicators of Loss Prevention risk and educate them on the appropriate escalation path
- Effectively address product loss mitigation, physical security considerations, potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy as well as conduct testing of the incident response plans
- Identifies market trends relating to physical security and develops action steps to assist in implementing best practices is the site
- Ensure that team members understand Amazon, Global Security Operations, and Loss Prevention vision and values, in order to align performance
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to data center access controls, inventory control and record keeping
- Serve as department’s liaison with FC leadership and external business stakeholders and be the security subject matter expert
- Develop driven business cases which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization when needed
- Take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations
- Travel up to 25% domestically
- Work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and lifting up to 20 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
- Professional credentials in Loss Prevention, such as, Wicklander and Zulawski certification
- Experience handling workplace violence situations
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Results oriented leader with strong influencing skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Analytical leader experienced in performance based, action and results oriented management, strong project manager and effective problem-solver
Regional Loss Prevention Manager
:Direct, establish, implement and monitor programs that will minimize loss and protect the assets of the company. Responsible for loss prevention management of over 200 GNC retail locations. Work with Retail Field teams for all store policy and procedure training and compliance.
- Conduct operational and procedural audits in all retail locations.
- Investigate potential loss or losses to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Advise Regional Sales Directors and store personnel of effective Loss Prevention methods and procedures.
- Implement training and awareness programs for Regional Sales Directors and store personnel.
- Coordinate and monitor prosecution/legal matters with appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Recommend and design physical security systems for stores.
- Coordinate Loss Prevention activities as related to store openings and closings.
- Administer and direct outside companies (i.e.: guard service, product vendors, etc.
- Ensure that inventories are conducted in all locations while maintaining designated budget.
- Work with Inventory auditors on support for investigations and follow up.
- Conduct training and physical inventories for franchise takeovers when applicable.
- Participate in the auditing and subsequent investigation of all non-retail sectors.
- Perform audits in existing franchise locations as outlined in action plan.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 5+ years progressive Loss Prevention experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must have current driver’s license
Regional Loss Prevention Manager
We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
Overview of the Regional Loss Prevention Manager role
The basic objective of a Regional Loss Prevention Manager is to help protect the company’s customers, associates, and assets within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide Investigative Support to WSI and to law enforcement for WSI related matters.
- Conduct internal investigations and, where necessary, interviews in a highly professional, ethical and “People First” manner.
- Investigate suspected or actual thefts thought to be committed by external suspects when the losses or frequency merit it.
- Provide evidence to support the termination of internal associates guilty of theft or serious violation/s of company policy.
- In theft cases, provide the local prosecutor with sufficient evidence to obtain a criminal conviction.
- Complete required reporting and communicate all case facts to appropriate leadership, including control deficiencies, attorney inquiries, references, employee questions/morale, and recommendations for prevention of similar future losses.
- Set up restitution plans/agreements in theft cases and work with the restitution function to ensure recovery of losses.
- Identify, report, and as appropriate, offer recommendations to address loss related control deficiencies.
- Responsible for training, as needed or appropriate, of our internal customers in security and Loss Prevention procedures, within their assigned area.
- Conduct operational auditing, coaching, and compliance visits as appropriate or required.
- Work with internal customers to develop and implement effective plans to increase profitability and reduce losses.
- Complete quarterly and annual professional growth and development plans as agreed upon with department leadership.
- Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- Transport materials and equipment and lift, move, and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Bachelor’s degree or compensating experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of criminal investigative experience.
- Completion of professional training in investigative interviewing.
- Knowledge of facility security needs and management, including alarm systems and locks.
- Excellent communication skills (to include good public speaking ability and strong writing skills).
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be self-motivated
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Computer literate with at least an intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Access, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of retail processes including store, online, and distribution operations (preferred but not required).
- Ability to travel overnight as needed.
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.Williams-Sonoma, Inc.