Here are sample job advertisements for Liquidity roles…
Liquidity Management Analyst, AVP
- Global Treasury (GT) is responsible for overall balance sheet management including credit, interest rate, and liquidity risk management. Global Liquidity Management (GLM) team is part of the Global Treasury organization. GLM is currently looking for an Assistant Vice President responsible for the development and on-going monitoring of the company liquidity metrics methodology and framework that covers State Street activities across the globe. The individual will work closely with the broader liquidity management team and with other Functions across the institution who have input on the management of liquidity metrics, including Enterprise Risk Management, Business Units and Internal Audit.
- The key priority for the role is to measure and monitor liquidity risk drivers. This includes development of new metrics that are responsive to changing business profiles. It also includes preparing liquidity metric reports and dashboards, as well as analyzing these reports to draw key messages and insights to manage liquidity and report to senior management and committees. The individual will also work with technology partners to source data and implement new reporting. He/She will ensure documentation and control processes are established and followed, develop materials that will be used in presentation to executive management, and will participate in business unit and new product assessments to determine liquidity risk drivers. Analytical skills, liquidity experience, and collaboration with multiple stakeholders are vital for success in this role.
Position Primary Duties and Responsibilities:Liquidity Management Analyst, AVP
- Lead work on developing framework and recalibrating assumptions related to liquidity metrics
- Continuously improve analysis and set of metrics to best measure and identify changes to liquidity profile
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for the various set of liquidity reports, including Senior Committees dashboards
- Coordinate with the broader liquidity management team to ensure consistency of data sourcing and reports
- Work with internal stakeholders and team members to expand and improve data quality and reporting, including partner with the information technology team to improve data sourcing and reports automation
- Contribute to corporate audit and regulatory exams; lead issue self-identification efforts and promote a culture of risk excellence
- Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- BS/BA (Finance/Accounting preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services; prior experience in a Treasury liquidity function is strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage senior stakeholders, including both internal management and regulators
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work independently while maintaining attention to detail and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment, as well as overseeing and supporting multiple direct reports in doing same
- Experience with liquidity risk management
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing demands
- High level of proficiency in MS Applications specifically Excel and PPT
- Proven experience at being an effective manager
Global Banking and Markets (GBAM) Liquidity and Capital Risk is a team within CFO & CAO Risk. It is responsible for providing an independent perspective on the effective utilization of GBAM’s Liquidity and Capital resources. This will ensure the Lines of Business (LOBs) adheres to Bank of America’s risk appetite as it executes its strategy to drive Earnings. This includes effective risk management of the GBAM LOBs and ensuring they pursue their strategic objectives within Bank of America’s stated risk appetite.
The Risk function is organized on a matrix basis with a combination of both LOB and risk type responsibilities. This structure will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to work on initiatives with broader overall enterprise impacts in addition to the following responsibilities.
The candidate will be responsible for the execution of key activities (defined as part of the independent review and challenge framework) relating primarily to the assessment of qualitative models used to support primarily liquidity risk stress testing and recovery and resolution planning.
- Key responsibilities for the team include:
- Conducting independent assessments and/or reviews of the models
- Documenting a clear and detailed review and analysis of assessments – including completion of risk classifications, materiality evaluation and any recommendations / requirements to be incorporated.
- Completion of periodic reviews across qualitative models used, in order to ensure they remain current to changing market conditions and incorporate any methodology changes required.
- Effectively engaging with key stakeholders to agree on action plans and follow-up reviews, as required, to facilitate executive approvals.
- Driving the development of infrastructure, process and procedures to ensure alignment to the independent review and challenge requirements.
- Identifying areas for improvement and continued enhancement, and implementing solutions
The candidate will be responsible for managing the independent assessment for a portfolio of qualitative models. As part of the assessment process, the candidate will be required to review, interpret and critically assesses the qualitative models and documentation, in order to evidence suitability and compliance with framework requirements.
The position requires interaction within the Lines of Business, Risk Management and Finance to address inquiries related to qualitative model identification, approach and calibration. In addition to validation activities, ongoing interaction with the model owners and developers will further be conducted in order to understand ongoing performance, assess environmental changes and ensure continued suitability for use.
The scope of the role is focused on the above risk management areas across the GBAM business. In addition, this role may likely gain opportunities to expand his/her knowledge in other areas including risk management of strategic, capital, interest rate risk, compliance and operational risk, legal entities, the balance sheet, as well as topics relevant to the broader financial services industry.
- 5+ years (Band 4) of work experience in banking, finance or accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or accounting
- Understanding of risk management concepts, financial analysis and forecasting, or related topics
- Experience in working closely with multiple data / information providers and stakeholders across various departments
- Detail oriented with excellent quantitative analytical skills
- Effectively takes an unpopular stand when necessary; encourages direct and tough debate
- Anticipates future consequences and trends
- Knowledgeable of regulatory environment, risk framework, policies & standards
- Strong interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and successfully manage multiple activities
- Self-starter and ability to work high degree of independence
- Strong organization and planning ability
- Prior stress testing, model risk management and financial analysis experience a plus
- Understanding of BASEL III liquidity and capital rules, Enhanced Prudential Standards/Regulation YY and cash-flow modeling experience a plus
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or equivalent
Enterprise Role Overview:
Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management issues. Identifies risks to which the LOB is exposed, implements measures to prevent, eliminate or mitigate losses, and monitors outcomes/risk levels. Ability to recognize all risk categories including credit, market, operational and compliance and bringing appropriate risk expertise as needed. Accountable for conducting execution of risk framework activities including, but not limited to, independent monitoring and testing of controls and risk management processes for the LOB. May direct risk staff or participate in establishing risk management procedures and standards, developing risk management analyses and reports, developing approval procedures and guidelines on risk limits by type of product and/or transaction, and in establishing management and administrative procedures to ensure adherence to policies.
The Director, Head of Liquidity Risk Oversight will report to the VP, Head of Financial & Model Risk, and will have global oversight for PayPal’s Liquidity risk
- Establishment of the Liquidity Risk Management Framework and Governance including:
o Creation and maintenance of liquidity risk management policies and procedures
o Liquidity Stress Testing
o Early Warning Indicators Dashboard
o Liquidity Risk Appetite and Concentration Limits
- Oversight of liquidity risk activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by different jurisdictions
- Calibrate and review established liquidity limits and thresholds on a periodic basis
- Ensure adherence to changes in the business model and/or regulatory environment
- Establish the Liquidity risk appetite and roll out globally
- Independently assess, review and analyze assumptions used in Liquidity models
- Develop monitoring and testing to help mitigate liquidity risk within a defined tolerance
- Support development of a series of key risk indicators and other reporting that will be leveraged for senior management, committees, and boards.
The role requires a senior and seasoned risk leader preferably with a deep banking background in Liquidity Risk Management or senior risk leader with broad Risk accountability at a large complex financial institution.
From a cultural perspective, this leader will need to fit into the PayPal leadership model that will require strong financial acumen, self-confidence and the ability to push back but in a respectful manner.
- Candidate must have advanced degree in quantitative or Finance area
- Experience leading a Risk oversight function within a multidivisional, complex organization where business process and data integrity are critical. Ideally, expertise in high transaction, data intensive, consumer-lending environments.
- The role requires sophisticated quantitative skills and candidates must have led a quantitative risk function for a bank or consumer financial services business.
- Experience leading a risk function which has produced risk appetite statements and Risk metrics. This must include an understanding of building and operating a 2nd line Risk framework that delivers transparent, well-understood Liquidity risk policies for stakeholders.
- A track record as an established leader who is equally strategic as they are tactical, and of the stature to build a peer relationship with stakeholders. This will enable them to build a fully functionalized model for robust and transparent Risk leadership.