Here are sample job advertisements for these types of positions…
Compliance & Licensing Lead
The Flatiron School is seeking a Compliance & Licensing Lead to manage the end-to-end process for obtaining and maintaining state-by-state education licenses as well as compliance with state requirements. The Compliance & Licensing Lead will work closely with the Flatiron team and internal counsel to process all components of license applications, including identifying licensing requirements, managing document aggregation, communicating with outside counsel and state regulators, and overseeing submission of license applications according to target deadlines to open new locations. The Compliance & Licensing Lead will also oversee ongoing regulatory compliance and annual license renewals including the licensing process for individual teachers and agents of The Flatiron School.
What you will do:
Complete research, aggregate data/documentation, compile application for all state license applications
Interface with state licensure boards, outside counsel, and internal stakeholders in order to ensure comprehensive and compliant license applications
Work with the internal legal team to build and maintain a repository of relevant license related documents
Keep current with the evolving regulatory landscape and ensure ongoing compliance with all state-by-state regulatory requirements
Oversee annual renewal of all state licenses
Work with The Flatiron School teachers and agents to ensure compliance with all individual licensing requirements
Work with team members throughout other functional areas on compliance related projects
What type of person will succeed in the role?
Ability to design and lead cross-functional project management initiatives
Ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects at once
Ability to meet strict deadlines
Ability to work with a diverse and cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Highly organized and strong attention to detail
High level of communication and writing abilities
Experience as a paralegal or assistant working in a legal department, law firm, or government agency and Bachelor degree preferred
Momentum Solar is a leading residential solar provider, with over 850 employees and offices in New Jersey, New York, California, Texas, and Florida. Momentum has grown from $2 Million in revenue to approximately $110 Millionin 2 years, and we are on track to double our growth in 2018.
Reporting to the Licensing Manager, you will help implement processing solutions to be sure Momentum Solar obtains the required licenses at the State, County, City and/or Municipal level. You must be able to communicate all necessary information in a clear and precise manner. This role requires a highly organized individual to research, review, process, apply and obtain all licenses required in current, new or future territories across the country. Having experience, presence, and poise to command the respect and trust of others is a must.
- Research, execute and finalize licensing applications on the State, County, City and/or Municipal level
- Understand, research, and present necessary licensing requirements to upper management
- Take initiative to understand all aspects of licensing in current, new or future markets.
- Have a friendly, professional and energetic attitude when dealing with State, County, City and/or Municipal officials
- Enter payments for licenses
- Track, manage and process all initial and renewal applications and invoices
- Must be comfortable contacting office officials via telephone and in writing
- Ability to research laws, policies, procedures, etc. on the State, County, City and/or Municipal level
- Show initiative, personal commitment, and confidence in handling a project from start to finish
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
- At least 1-2 years of related or similar work experience
- Project Management experience a plus
- Experience in implementing processing solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees within the organization, verbal and written
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with Excel, Word, Office 365, Outlook
Momentum is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Sportradar, the global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content, is seeking a Licensing Manager to join its team in Sportradar’s NYC office.
As a result of industry changes around legalized betting and gambling in the US, Sportradar needs a strong, experienced Licensing Manager to ensure all license requirements are met, internally and externally, throughout various application processes.
This role will be responsible for managing the application process for gambling licenses, monitoring of applications and license renewals. The Licensing Manager will provide expert advice to the business, interface with various areas within the business to obtain required support for license and act as the main point of contact within the company for any questions and issues related to gaining proper betting licenses within the US.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a dynamic, talented, self-motivated licensing expert with a proven track record in betting to join Sportradar’s growing business.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of State gaming laws and regulations.
- Perform administrative review and track completeness for both employee and entity applications.
- Communicate with applicants and resolve issues with respect to application errors and deficiencies.
- Maintain and update records in the Licensing management system.
- Perform searches on the Licensing management system and other data systems or records upon request.
- Provide technical assistance to applicants regarding the Licensing management system and throughout the licensing process.
- Maintain open communication and work with external bodies and commissions as necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of required document filings.
- Coordinate with operations management at all levels to respond to needs for systems, reports and related items.
- Assist with internal, external, regulatory and miscellaneous requests.
- Assist with preparation of communications to management, auditors and regulators..
- Stay abreast of changes to federal and state laws and gaming regulations affecting the management, operations and product offerings of the company.
- Knowledge of State gaming law and regulation requirements.
- Relevant licensing experience with multiple jurisdictions.
- Possess knowledge of all licensing and regulatory requirements related to the business.
- Previous experience in sports betting industry highly desirable.
- Internal control, internal audit, regulatory or compliance experience.
- Ability to identify weaknesses in procedures and controls and recommend improvements to those weaknesses.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, issue resolution, and decision-making skills are required.
- Superior verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and professional discipline with excellent follow-through.
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
Sportradar is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for its clients around the world. We provide cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
We are a truly international business employing over 2,000 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth has been driven by technological innovation alongside an understanding of our clients’ business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 1,000 companies in over 100 countries.
We occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries. This creates an exciting and fast-moving working environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. We are passionate about what we do, and we care passionately about our people.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, come and help us to grow, innovate and develop!
Make the team: Join us and shape your future as well as ours! HOW TO APPLY:
Visit the Sportradar careers page at www.sportradar.com.