Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Kidango is a private, non-profit child development agency and are the industry leader in early education and support services for children and families. We provide quality care and education in 9 Bay Area cities and serve over 4,000 children daily.
About the Role
Kidango is looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager to join its expanding team. The right candidate will have at least 5 years of IT experience within a corporate environment. Preferably with past managerial responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background in systems and network administration, project management, and the ability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms.
The IT Operations Manager will be responsible for building out our Service Delivery Catalog and ensure our Service Operations are designed for scale and provide leadership for our Service Desk. This position requires the ability to manage people and build a capable IT team. As the leader of the Service Desk, you will be responsible for taking ownership of our IT SaaS ecosystem.
- Complete ownership of the agency’s IT service offerings, processes, and supporting workflows.
- Create and document Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for all IT services and ensure that SLA’s are adhered to, implementing corrective action where necessary.
- Provide day-to-day management of Service Desk personnel.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for the Service Desk.
- Build/improve upon existing ticketing system and related workflows and automation.
- Function as the primary administrator for our SaaS ecosystem: Autotask, G-Suite, Bettercloud, VOIP PBX.
- Deploy and manage new projects that are directly related to the IT Service Catalog.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team on project-related deliverables.
- Collaborate with partner teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Manage cross-functional project and program planning and execution.
- Participate in planning for the budgetary needs of the IT department.
- Maintain confidentiality of the organization; project, fiscal, personnel, and all sensitive agency related information.
- Work as a member of the agency by promoting its mission and philosophy.
- Provide excellent customer service to all staff, clients, and contacts of the agency.
- Advocate on behalf of all children, families, and staff of the agency
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Service Desk operations and processes – ticketing systems, inventory management, imaging, etc.
- A firm understanding of Service Desk KPIs and metrics.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Microsoft Server OS and domain services.
- Strong organizational skills. Must have a mindset for not letting details fall through the cracks (not even the small ones).
- Proven track record of creating detailed technical documentation.
- The ability to convey technical ideas and concepts to a non-technical crowd.
- Well-versed history of project management – workload balancing, prioritization, tracking, and reporting.
- Take ownership of our environment, have the curiosity to explore it, and think of ways to make it better. Actively seeks out work to improve the environment and your own technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be a team player and work well in an open office environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Information Technology field – preferably with past managerial responsibilities.
- Has previously demonstrated leadership and personal management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Experience working in a structured environment with a focus on ITIL foundation principles.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to be an autonomous worker.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Hands-on experience with workstation and network administration in a corporate environment with multiple branch locations.
- Power-user level experience with Mac OS.
- Experience supporting both iOS and Android devices.
- Experience with security systems or other modern technology systems to include; VOIP phone system, email, anti-virus, ticketing systems, mobile device and endpoint management.
- Must pass a health screening and TB test.
- Must pass background fingerprint clearance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- The ability to perform heavy physical labor and lift or move maintenance equipment of various weights will be required.
- The ability to lift 30 pounds chest high.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices across North America and in Europe. The firm has five designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.The ideal candidate is a seasoned business manager with a background in technology. S/he will have a track record of successfully partnering cross functionally to drive results. The ideal candidate should also be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker with a history of driving process improvements & strategy implementation.This person will have a strong track record of supporting/influencing initiatives, tactics, plans, processes, systems, and programs. S/he will be known for intelligence production, accurate forecasting, building strong relationships, and analytical leadership skills, along with constructive collaboration with senior business partners. S/he will thrive in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.Additionally, it is also important to have solid management experience with a track record of growing and developing staff.
- Work with various business leaders, stakeholders to intake ideas and capability gaps.
- Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping, arrow diagraming).
- Drive initiatives, plan projects and monitor performance within the organization.
- Drive process planning and relevant KPI creation for programs to restlessly optimize performance and efficiency.
- Collects and analyzes quantitative data from various data sources and presents analysis.
- Developing, implementing and automating processes to collect and manage data.
- Provide technical recommendations for data pipeline performance measurement and analysis, scalable architecture and profiling/troubleshooting techniques.
- Designing and maintaining metrics models and reports based on collected data.
- 10+ years of experience in technology and operations combined with experience in finance, project management and business analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, computer science or relevant field of study or equivalent direct experience.
- Good team player and the ability to work with a wide cross-section of people in various locations.
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines.
The IT Operations Manager is management level work responsible for providing planning, organization and tactical execution of IT operations. Duties include management and oversight of network infrastructure including physical servers, storage systems, wiring, and communications. This position supervises a group of IT professionals. This position reports directly to the CIO of the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides planning, organization and tactical execution of IT operations.
- Manages staff to ensure effective performance of duties.
- Provides leadership that involves the team(s) in decision making and create a collaborative environment and framework to accomplish organizational goals.
- Provides management and oversight of network infrastructure including physical servers, storage systems, wiring, and communications.
- Provides management and oversight of the court telephone systems and video conferencing units.
- Provides management and oversight of desktop, audio visual and peripheral services.
- Assists the CIO with the development and management of the annual IT operating budget.
- Provides reports on the status of the operating budget.
- Assists the CIO with the development and implementation of the organization’s IT strategic plan.
- Ensures consistent and effective implementation and maintenance of security standards.
- Ensures the preservation of court assets by implementing and maintaining, and verifying a disaster recovery and backup process.
- Assists the CIO in the development and maintenance of an IT disaster recovery plan.
- Provides management and oversight of IT procurements, compliance and record keeping.
- Assists the CIO with enterprise communications.
- Analyzes business requirements and makes recommendations to meet technology needs.
- Assists with project management by providing needed resources and development of resource scheduling.
- Develops and establishes IT policies and systems to support the implementation and strategies set by upper management.
Performs related work as required.
Standard clerical office conditions; may be required to lift computer equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.
Contact with employees, judges, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of IT operations management.
- Knowledge of large enterprise wide infrastructure operations.
- Extensive knowledge of modern computing technology, system and network architecture, information security, and user support.
- Ability to develop and manage a budget and negotiating with vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present ideas in both technical and non-technical formats, with a high degree of effectiveness, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead teams in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines as required by the FJD.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and representatives of the Judiciary and City.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours as needed.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in the field of information technology.
- Ten plus (10+) years of IT technical / field work experience with 2 or more years in a management role.
- Experience working in the judicial system or a large Governmental environment is a plus.
- Equivalent combinations of training and experience which provide the characteristics required to perform the essential functions of the class may substitute for those listed.
REQUIRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
The First Judicial District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the First Judicial District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Applications should be submitted through the First Judicial District Website, www.courts.phila.gov