Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Senior Interior Designer
International luxury design house March & White LLC with offices in London, New York and LA are currently recruiting for a highly creative, dynamic, innovative, motivated, committed, all-around Senior Interior Designer to join our NY Studio. The successful person will work on exclusive and luxury residential, hospitality and commercial projects.
The candidate will have strong conceptual and outstanding presentation skills, and good knowledge of space planning and interior architectural detailing. Candidates need to be able to work in an office that has a casual corporate culture with a collaborative team approach. Candidates will be completely familiar with the interior design process from pre-design through design development, material research and selection and bespoke FF&E, through VE process and construction administration and closeout phases.
Education and Experience:
You must have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, with minimum 8 years’ post-graduate experience.
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will have proven experience of having successfully led a design team and project(s) from inception to completion, whilst also demonstrating exceptional design skills. Furthermore, you will be comfortable working autonomously and possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Managing amazing projects efficiently, within schedule, budget and client and/or brand parameters
- Managing and briefing design team on live projects
- Mentoring junior and intermediate designers
- Managing the procurement of FF&E products
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Completion of at least 2 high-end large scale luxury residential or luxury hotel projects in the US from beginning to end
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- Experience of multi-unit developments and also the construction administration side, marking up shop drawings etc.
- Advanced skills in PhotoShop, InDesign and freehand sketching; Sketch Up is a plus
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Experience in drawing custom furniture via hand sketch and/or AutoCAD
- Good knowledge of US building & ADA codes; and hospitality & commercial grade material requirements pertaining to fabrics and finishes
- Self-motivated and good team player able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- Self-confident, receptive to constructive feedback
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Solid network of NYC and European high end/luxury product vendors
- Fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes, and project schedules: plumbing fixture, finish, lighting, door hardware, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
15 days’vacation in addition to usual public holidays
plus 1 extra day for birthdays.
in addition to the above, the Employee will be entitled to paid time off for any working days between Christmas and New Year while office is closed.
Please submit resume, portfolio and desired salary
The candidate should be a US national or have a current work visa for the US.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Interior Design: 6 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Interior Designer to join our New York studio. We are looking for a passionate professional with experience planning and owning projects to completion, conceptual design, participating in client presentations, visioning boards, programming, schematic design and design development with the ability to interface with developer clients. This position offers opportunities for involvement in diverse project types and professional advancement in a team-oriented, dynamic culture.
- Collaborate with NELSON Project Manager and client to establish project goals and objectives including design intent, schedule, and budget parameters
- Mentor less experience team members and participate in design and performance reviews as required
- Immerse yourself in current design trends, products, construction systems and building codes
- Establish goals, objectives and parameters of the inventory process for existing furniture and equipment
- Interpret the information gathered from the client and prepare/oversee the final report and recommendations
- Work with the client to validate the program data
- Establish the conceptual design direction as a response to the client’s goals and objectives
- Develop space plan which meets client’s goals and objectives, building constraints and applicable codes, elevations, sketches, and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials
- Complete research and selection of architectural products and systems, finishes and furniture
- Create plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field and at least 8 years’ experience in interior design or architecture
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Revit
- Certificate or Registration
Interior Designer with commercial office furniture knowledge for our Washington, DC location.
Education & Experience:
· Degree in Interior Design
· At least 3 years experience in the office furniture industry or related field.
· Proficient in AutoCAD and 20-20 Worksheet
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Attend client planning meetings; presents plans and information to customer for review and approvals.
Develop and present furniture plans, color/finish boards and selections to customers.
Create working drawings for specification and installation.
Produce product specifications; able to double-check specifications against plans; gets specifications order-entry ready.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Able to work well in a team environment.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Strong oral and written communications abilities.
· Demonstrated commitment to professionalism, strong and sound judgment in business transactions, and providing of the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
of Interior Designer or certification through NCIDQ preferred. LEED AP accreditation preferred.
- Professional membership and active participation in Industry Associations ie. IIDA and ASID preferred
Support lead designers and handle their own projects in extremely busy and fast paced high end residential and commercial design firm.
Attend design meetings and interact with clients along with vendors and all trades people.
Research and development of all components of projects including pricing, ordering, installation and scheduling.
Select materials, furnishings, artwork, and lighting for a variety of projects.
Create presentation boards and concept sketches.
Must have excellent follow up habits, be a self sufficient problem solver, and have excellent computer skills.
Independent worker who takes initiative
Self sufficient problem solver
Excellent computer skills
Proficient with Apple computers, Photoshop and autoCAD
SketchUp a plus
Hand sketching a plus
Knowledge of furniture, fabric and tile vendors
If selected for an interview please bring a copy of your resume and your portfolio.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interior Design: 1 year (Preferred)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Interior Design Coordinator, we’ll count on you to:
- Demonstrate solid design thinking and strong knowledge of design fundamentals, as expressed by your college portfolio
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and clearly present and explain a design concept to supervisors and peers
- Take direction from others and maintain a positive attitude
- Be a self-starter and team player
- Have a strong desire to learn about and progress through the interior design profession
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree in Interior Design related program
- Interior Design or Interior Architecture experience.
- Relevant internship experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp/Rhino (or similar)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam
- LEED Green Associate
- Preference given to local candidates