Here are sample job advertisement for these types of roles…
1290 Fund External Wholesaler – Southeast Region
AXA is looking for an experienced sales professional preferably with a background in financial services to drive growth in our new Mutual Fund business line. Ideal candidate combines a sales and relationship management personality, with a background and strong knowledge of the popular fund lineups in today’s markets. He/she should have the ability to thoroughly explain fund allocation strategies and performance data to help advisors craft sales pitches for their end clients. Backed by our world-class retail distribution arm, AXA Advisors, we are excited to see the impact our new business line on the success of AXA.
- Leverage strategic relationships with investment providers, advisors, and clients; articulate key messages regarding the investment portfolio, major market events, and changing areas of investment opportunity
- Direct intermediary sales activities in a defined geographic area
- Assist in the development of sales plans for the assigned region
- Work on increasing sales in the assigned region and in developing and maintaining assigned intermediary relationships
- Identify client needs and coordinate efforts to service assigned intermediaries
- Collaborate with marketing and product development to develop and launch new funds
- Maintain and strengthen knowledge base regarding all aspects of the investment industry, competitors (direct and indirect), and products available in the securities marketplace
- Stay current on rules and regulations of selling securities as outlined by FINRA, the SEC, states and all internal guidelines established
- Conduct training to external and internal advisors on investment options and new fund roll-outs
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ investment portfolios and ensure product options are competitive and industry leading
- Incumbents typically have overall relationship management responsibility for mid-sized accounts in an assigned territory
- May assist in hosting geographical sales and training meetings
- Client support activities may include: handling meeting coverage requirements; preparing for due diligence meetings; providing wholesaler communication and training; and completing sales analyses
- Extensive travel involved
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or Economics required
- FINRA 7 and 63 licenses required
- 7+ years of sales and investment experience
- 5+ years of presentation delivery experience
- CFA, CAIA, CFP, CIMA preferred
- Working knowledge of the investment management industry and mutual fund regulations
- Proven sales skills and investment product knowledge
ABOUT AXA EQUITABLE
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
- Achieve sales and sales activity goals as set by Americas Distribution leadership team
- In partnership with an External Wholesaler, identify asset management business opportunities; move prospective clients through the sales process; create BNY Mellon promoters; and close new business within the territory
- Drive results and raise awareness of BNY Mellon investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities including cold calls and virtual communications
- Build, grow, and maintain advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of BNY Mellon funds and successfully position them to advisors
- Develop a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments – and leverage this knowledge to be a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients and position BNY Mellon funds effectively
- Develop a thorough understanding of the sales process – and leverage it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage
- Support the External Wholesaler in the development and execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow share in the territory
- Assess the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions, and position the appropriate fund that meets those needs
- Proactively support broader corporate initiatives and participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
- College Degree, either BA or BS
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required (or must obtain within 90 days)
- Knowledge of financial industry sales or service a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 02031
Job: Asset Management
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 1909788
Entry Level Institutional Sales Trainee (Series 7 required )
ThinkEquity (Div of Fordham Financial) – New York, NY
Entry Level Institutional Sales (Series 7 required ) (New York) (Wall Street)
Leading NYC based investment bank looking for trainees for its institutional equity sales department. Duties include canvassing institutional accounts, setting up deal and non-deal investor roadshows, etc .
College degree required and Series 7 license reqd. This is an entry-level job (or perfect for someone looking to make a switch from retail side of business and less than 1-3 yrs of experience). Please send resume for immediate consideration. No phone calls or recruiters. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Institutional Sales (Crypto)
Apifiny Group Inc – New York, NY
We are looking for an Institutional Sales Professional to join our fast-growing team.
Apifiny Group Inc. is a leading technology group dedicated to establishing a global asset transaction network using blockchain technology. Leveraging its state-of-the-art tokenization and exchange platforms, Apifiny’s mission is to facilitate the unrestricted flow of tokenized assets worldwide.
Apifiny believes that blockchain technology is not just about cryptocurrencies. By combining the innovative features of blockchain technology with creatively-designed tokenomics, we believe that we have the opportunity to revolutionize the existing global assets trading paradigm. By allowing assets to be efficiently transacted worldwide, we hope to give everyone an equal opportunity to buy and sell quality assets from around the world, bringing wealth and prosperity to the masses.
About the role:
- Deliver an amazing experience to every client
- Develop and grow relationships with institutional clients
- Establish new relationships by proactively prospecting and marketing to potential new clients
- Strengthen and promote Apifiny’s relationships with consultants by developing and executing proactive, creative and ongoing contact
- Act as a liaison to the investment management groups to ensure active, enthusiastic support of the sales and marketing process
- Prospect global institutional investors and consultants
- Manage existing relationships with institutional investors and consultant
- Be an expert across Apifiny’s institutional products
- Deliver comprehensive, accurate and persuasive sales presentations utilizing approved marketing and sales materials
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in sales/account management for financial institutions
- High knowledge of the financial services industry and a passion for startups
- Startup mentality
- Demonstrate knowledge of promoted product(s)
- Institutional selling experience within territory assigned, required
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment
- 1+ year of blockchain experience
What we offer:
- Full health coverage with 100% subsidized premiums for employees
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- Choice of MacBook Pro or a ThinkPad
- Commuter stipend benefits
- Fun start up atmosphere
- Team outings and corporate dinners
- Team happy hours
We can’t wait to meet you
Regional Institutional Sales Associate
Lazard Ltd – New York, NY 10018 (Clinton area)
Lazard Asset Management operates from 18 cities across 13 countries. Our investment personnel manage US $222.4 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies – both traditional and alternative – in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization. Our entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure foster an environment in which good ideas can take flight, no matter where they come from.
The Institutional Regional Sales Group is responsible for providing investment capabilities to clients around the globe, with a focus on registered investment advisors (RIA), endowments, foundations, corporates, family offices, high-net-worth families and trust companies. The group is seeking an Associate to assist with developing new business opportunities, territory management, and ongoing client service.
- Work as part of a team within a defined geographical territory to cultivate and manage client relationships
- Ensure timely response to client inquiries and provide ongoing communication with clients/prospects, including the compilation and distribution of recurring client requests
- Onboard new clients by coordinating account setup with internal and external investment, legal and operational contacts
- Serve as point-person on certain national relationships to organize activities and filter updates to the respective team members
- Populate and maintain CRM to assist external sales partner with territory management
- Identify prospects and cross-selling opportunities by utilizing market intelligence and competitive analysis resources
- Contribute to the overall sales process by identifying opportunities to promote Lazard’s products and services through different digital, print and in-person marketing efforts
- 2-5 years of experience at an asset management or wealth management firm
- Proven record of academic achievement, preferably with a concentration in Finance, Business Administration, or Marketing
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning ability, with the capacity to understand inner workings of investment strategies and represent them in appropriate detail to an audience
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to think independently and formulate sound conclusions
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Strong verbal communications skills and comfort engaging all levels of firm management
- Series 7 & 66 are preferred, but not required. Once hired, Series 7, 66, and 31 must be obtained within 4 months