Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
HR Onboarding Specialist
Are you well organized? Do you have a sharp eye for detail? We are looking for someone like that who can help us:
- focus on client service by handling requests in a professional manner while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- take full responsibility for receiving, managing, and tracking HR requests to provide high-quality service to employees and colleagues
- deliver services according to agreed service level agreements and operational guidelines collaboratively work with team members to establish and secure a consistently confidential and trusted work environment
- accurately log and track requests in a streamlined case management tool support continuous process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- execute offer letter administration which includes creating, sending, and monitoring the return of specific documents for new joiner candidates
- enter new joiner information into specific HR systems with strong attention to detail in an accurate and efficient manner
- coordinate communications regarding candidate onboarding status with various stakeholders involved in the process
- complete employment eligibility verification processes including setup and monitoring of the background investigation process escalate issues when required and work with appropriate parties to resolve
You’ll be working in the Service Delivery team in Nashville. We are responsible for building lasting relationships with candidates and/or HR clients and delivering top-notch service.
- a Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- advanced Microsoft Office skills
- 1-3 years HR experience within a financial organization, preferred
- experience in HR or Shared Service Operations (insourced or outsourced), preferred
- experience in a general or specialist HR function, preferred
- familiarity with HR applications, preferred
- knowledge of Onboarding processes such as employment verification processes, background investigations, offer letters and data entry, preferred
- truly service-oriented
- a great communicator
- a team player with strong collaboration skills
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The On-Boarding Specialist is a prime contributor to creating a positive on-boarding experience for our new employees beginning when a candidate signs their offer letter through their first day of employment. On-boarding includes drafting employee offer letters, ensuring the full and accurate completion of a candidates new hire paperwork, initiating paperwork for drug screenings, pre-employment physicals and background checks for our various positions. The Onboarding Specialist will spend time on the phone and with email communicating with our new hires, as well as coordinating with the HR Team and our various hiring managers. The Onboarding Specialist will also be responsible for maintenance of all employee benefits portals and our company directory.
CORE & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Once the decision to make the offer is made, the On-Boarding Specialist takes full responsibility for ensuring a “red carpet” experience for the new hire
· Directly and/or working with internal partners, ensures pre-employment processes such as drug testing, pre-employment physical, background check, employment paperwork, IT hardware, system accesses, and other tasks required for a successful on-boarding are completed accurately and timely
· Delivers final pre-employment process results for the candidate and helps the hiring manager analyze the results and determine a hiring decision
· Serves as the introductory point of contact for questions and assistance for the new employee; and ensures a smooth transition to the hiring manager
· Using system checklists and related organizational tools to ensure all on-boarding tasks are completed timely and accurately
· Responsible for drafting of offer of employment letters for applicable employees
· Responsible for all maintenance (enrollment, termination, addition of dependents and address changes) for all applicable employer benefit portals, our company directory and if required our payroll database
· Assist employees with basic benefit and employee policy manual inquiries
· Participate in continual I-9 documentation and verification requirements including ensuring all employees are submitted through E-Verify in accordance with required guidelines
· Participate in providing details for employment verification inquiries
· Assisting in ensuring all applicable new employee documentation is stored in employee files (both online and physical)
· Responsible for creating any transfer or promotion letters for current employees as needed
· Responsible for ensuring all relevant new hire paperwork remains in compliance with current laws and regulations
· Responsible for the renewing and managing of state and federal labor law posters for the corporate office and all subsidiaries
· Assisting the Human Resources department with projects as needed
· Assist with other projects as needed
2-5 years of Human Resources experience is preferred. Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree or college classes in Human Resources is preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, time management skills, strong interpersonal skills, documentation skills, organizational skills and multi-tasking skills are essential. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications. Proficiency in Human Resources databases and sensitivity to confidential information.
Organization Profile: Hawthorne Foundation Inc. serves children and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities. Our educational, vocational and life skills programs are only a few of the programs available. We also offer parent training, recreational activities and crisis intervention.
Mission: An Applied Behavior Analysis approach to lifelong quality educational, habilitative, vocational and recreational programs for individuals with autism and other intellectual disabilities.
Vision: To foster independence, integration, individualization, and productivity while enhancing the quality of the lives for the people we serve. Our goal is to enable each and every individual to reach his/her maximum potential in the least restrictive environment by selecting and promoting educational practices that are grounded in research and science, in particular applied behavior analysis; and, to assist each individual with identifying and realizing his/her own goals.
HR Specialist (Onboarding/Recruiting):
- Assists with the development of staffing strategies.
- Develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement in collaboration with all members of the Human Resources Department.
- The Recruiter assists, develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis for all programs.
- Assists in sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
- Coordinates college relations, job fairs and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Responsible for posting jobs internally and on recruitment websites and other social media resources/outlets to recruit the best talent.
- Processes job requisitions received from Program to initiate search.
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine the best recruiting process for the position(s).
- Acts as a liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Maintains contracts with employment agencies.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Handles all Onboarding processes once candidate, contractor identified.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
- Conducts employment verification.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinates background checks for all Programs (NYSED/OPWDD).
- Conducts orientation of new employees on HR/Benefits during New Hire Orientation.
- Follows up with related clerical aspects of employment, notifying the program and training department of employee’s starting date.
- Conducts weekly report on employment activity e.g. recruiting/onboarding status.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
- Some travel to Agency locations is expected for this position.