Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Advise and represent PSEG Companies in legal matters and transactions to ensure compliance with legal requirements, to support the Company’s strategic business plan, and to identify and creatively address potential legal issues/concerns.
The work includes reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (including construction agreements, supply agreements, IT/IP agreements and equipment and services purchase agreements, in connection with a variety of complex energy-related projects) and other legal documents such as confidentiality agreements.
The Senior Counsel will be expected to lead projects and teams as needed, including the supervision of outside counsel within budgetary constraints.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school, and licensed to practice law in New Jersey or other relevant jurisdictions with ability to become licensed in New Jersey.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in primary concentration in commercial contracts and transactional matters at a major law firm or corporation.
- Strong academic background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures for commercial law transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and balance commercial/legal risks against business objectives to ensure timely and appropriate result/outcome.
- Business acumen and excellent commercial judgment.
- Experience in project management and complex assignments.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), analytical abilities, and the ability to think and write clearly.
- Experience working independently; ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
Desired Qualifications and Competencies:
- JD from a leading law school
- Significant experience in power/utility industry, procurement, and construction are highly valued.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
The Counseling group provides legal advice to the Firm’s client-facing professionals, leadership, quality management, risk management, and other groups within the practice. The team provides legal advice on professional practice issues, securities laws matters, regulatory, and legislative matters. Counselors also review and advise on engagement letters and other agreements related to client work. Strong litigation and/or regulatory enforcement experience necessary.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) with at least 5 years of prior experience handling litigation and/or regulatory enforcement matters.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills:Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in managing a significant segment of a business or function and/or experience in, is that they are not providing the documents as “documents used to support our work” or handling highly complex legal issues involving significant risk and requiring the application of seasoned judgment.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in identifying and analyzing complex legal/regulatory/business issues and providing appropriate legal advice regarding applicable legal and professional standards, often on a time-sensitive basis.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in managing outside counsel to efficiently obtain optimal outcomes and having negotiation skills with respect to legal issues.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in building consensus, delivering difficult messages, and assisting in developing policies and procedures designed to enhance quality and manage risk.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in advising and successfully interacting at the senior leadership level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide legal support for commercial and general litigation and other legal disputes
- Serve as a lead attorney overseeing a range of litigation matters from inception to completion
- Work in close partnership with business teams to achieve outcomes that appropriately balance business opportunities with risk mitigation
- Supervise outside counsel to decrease spend and achieve desired results
- Manage litigation budgets and associated forecasting and reporting requirements
- Analyze judicial and legislative developments and structure and implement strategies and policies/procedures to mitigate legal risk
What We Look For:
- Strong academic credentials including a JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (NY bar a plus)
- 7+ years combined years of experience, primarily in commercial litigation and arbitration, with a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Proven ability to independently manage caseload and other projects
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues and provide sound, clear legal advice to senior leaders and others
- Experience with litigation in both state and federal courts
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with and manage other attorneys and legal professionals
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Corra is the global digital agency that fashion, beauty, and lifestyle brands trust to create luxury commerce experiences. Over the past 15 years, we have built a reputation for award-winning design, disciplined execution, and innovative thinking.
With technical expertise concentrated on the Magento, SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris), and Shopify Plus platforms, we produce memorable journeys that captivate customers and elevate brands to new heights.
Winner of multiple Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards, we offer exciting and challenging projects with industry leading companies, competitive health benefits, flexible work arrangements, ongoing career development, company outings and tons of other bonuses.
- Corra is seeking a highly-motivated In-House Counsel to join our team.
- Embody and represent the company’s brand and values in all aspects of this role
- Own entire contracts process including managing several agreements concurrently
- Maintain company agreements including MSAs, Work Orders, and NDAs
- Learn from experience, think strategically, and improve company agreements
- Interpret & negotiate other agreements incl. those relating to marketing, procurement & real estate
- Negotiate T&Cs with clients, partners, and vendors, and know when to push, when not to push
- Work closely with leaders of the company by providing day-to-day sound legal advice in all areas including finance, human resources, real estate, IT, e-commerce, and marketing
- Understand how e-commerce sites work, how they are developed, our company’s capabilities and delivery/business processes so you can recognize and communicate legal issues/risks
- Understand the EU’s GDPR, PCI compliance, and ensuring company compliance
- Follow ecommerce industry news and trends, identify areas of risk or concern, and proactively propose actions and solutions if in the company’s best interest
- Provide legal advice and counsel to support strategic company initiatives
- Participate in the defining and creation/modification of corporate policies and procedures
- Draft ad hoc legal agreements as needed
- Support potential merger and acquisition activities, including drafting and negotiating agreements, pre-deal planning, due diligence, documentation, execution and post-deal integration
- Coordinate with outside legal resources as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and JD degree from accredited institutions
- Admission to the Bar in the State of NY and/or NJ (both or CA a plus)
- Minimum 5 years legal experience in a national law firm and/or in-house legal dept.
- Broad legal knowledge (espec. including areas of corporate law, employment law, and contract law)
- Substantial experience in contract law and negotiating agreements
- Expertise and experience in professional services and technology related matters including e-commerce site design and development
- Confident and comfortable yet very diplomatic with clients and colleagues
- Able to influence clients, and achieve reasonable, practical solutions that strike a balance between legal and business risks for both parties
- Problem-solving skills including being quick on your feet and the ability to use reason & logic, even when dealing with a contentious point
- Strategic thinker
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage significant contract load concurrently, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Present well, well-spoken, able to articulate
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Able to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision, but possesses judgement to know when to consult and defer to leadership on a decision
- Flexible and collaborative attitude
- Interest in becoming an expert in e-commerce, espec. within fashion, beauty, and lifestyle industries
Corra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.