Here are some sample job advertisements for this type of role:
Associate Director of Development, Mount Sinai West- Development/Fundraising-Corporate
- The Associate Director will work closely with the Executive Director, supporting all aspects of major gift fundraising including: identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift donors.
- Create and closely monitor a strategic philanthropy plan for MSW with input from key stakeholders including the EDOD, President of MSW, Site Department Chairs, and other leadership at MSW.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a personal portfolio of 100 – 150 individual prospects at the leadership annual and major gifts levels.
- Solicit major gifts for the strategic philanthropic priorities of Mount Sinai West and the MSHS.
- Manage the coordination of all fundraising activities for MSW with MSHS central development office, including direct mail, corporation and foundation giving, planned giving, events, stewardship, research, and gift processing.
- Guide efforts to build greater links with physicians, grateful patients, and other stakeholders.
- Partner with internal contacts including leadership, faculty, and Development staff to maximize fundraising for MSW.
- Evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and recommend the most suitable for a particular donor. Develop, write and present proposals appropriate to donor’s interest and financial situation.
- In collaboration with Stewardship and Events colleagues, plan and execute events to cultivate, educate and steward major donors and prospects.
- Identify, recruit, and solicit top level volunteers to help with philanthropic outreach and serve in an advisory capacity to the MSW leadership team.
- Promote a culture of philanthropy at MSW by partnering with and training physicians, faculty, and other staff.
- Establish and meet activity and revenue goals.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service in all exchanges.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE designation, Masters of Fundraising, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Ideal Candidates will have at least 5 years of direct fundraising experience, preferably in sophisticated and complex organizations. He/she will have demonstrated success in raising six figure gifts, and have in- depth knowledge of all aspects of a comprehensive development operation. The ideal candidate will show evidence of setting and achieving goals, and will have a successful track record of working with internal and external constituents, as well as volunteer and committee management.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in academic medical setting and /or complex nonprofit fundraising environment and have experience with capital campaigns and volunteer management.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or other Fundraising related databases
AcctPositions has been retained to conduct a search for a new Director of Development for our nonprofit client. This is truly an amazing opportunity for a natural leader with an expertise in fundraising development! The Director of Development will work alongside an award-winning executive team committed to growing the organization and making an impact on a global scale!
improve the development systems and work of the organization. In this position you have the incredible opportunity to utilize your fundraising expertise to create a new strategic fundraising plan for the organization! You will be responsible for assessing the development needs and implementing hands on strategies to dramatically pace the incredible work of the experienced program team. This is an organization with an amazing track-record and history of work but has not had an experienced Director of Development at the helm to capitalize on their growth potential. We seek a hands-on leader who can work independently with support of a Development Manager to grow the organizations capacity. The right candidate should be inspired at the opportunity to create a plan, implement it, and grow a full department over time. This exciting opportunity is for immediate hire and is a permanent full-time role.
- Lead and drive a new strategic plan on behalf of an amazing ground-breaking nonprofit organization!
- Work both strategically while executing hands-on development activities to grow the organizations funding!
- Be part of the executive management team while driving lean and effective fundraising efforts for the organization with the help of an experienced development manager!
- Interact and network with high level donors and foundations.
- Oversee business strategy and identify innovative funding opportunities and new sources of revenue.
- Review, revise, and implement the annual and long-term development strategy, providing insight and direction on each pillar of development and help to define a strategy for ongoing growth.
- Build a large sustained base of smaller and larger (annual) donors.
- Build major gifts from individuals and small family foundations.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Leadership Team and ensure that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in ways which align with the organization’s values, mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Attend and put on events representing organization to existing partners and supporters.
- Develop and maintain e-marketing communications.
- Advise and assist on foundation and corporate grants.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An interest in owning and leading development strategy for the organization; bringing/building a plan, evaluating the organizations opportunities and working to grow its success!
- Prior leadership experience in fundraising, development strategy, grants management, and grant proposal development.
- Persistent yet patient approach to development, in addition to experience coaching and mentoring internal staff in development best practices and strategy.
- Ability to work within an exciting, fast-paced environment while multitasking and meeting deadlines in a results-driven fashion; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investments in people and systems.
- Prior Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or related donor database experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent experience.
Manager of Fundraising Strategy is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a diverse fundraising strategy that includes corporate, vendor, employee, customer, and donor donations, grants, and special fundraising events aimed at ensuring The Dick’s Sporting Goods Foundation growth and sustainability. Using data & analytics, the Manager of Fundraising Strategy will also manage external relationship building and develop & manage a communications/marketing plan to support the fundraising strategy.
The Role You’ll Play:
Lead the fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve fundraising targets
across the range of revenue streams
Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
Using trend analysis and predictive analytics, develop a strategy for improving donor participation & engagement while improving retention
Develop micro-donation strategy leveraging current donor information gathered through various transactional touchpoints and increase teammate engagement/participation in fundraising efforts
Champion partnership with Marketing and Strategy divisions Centers of Excellence to enhance fundraising loyalty and activation opportunities
Identify innovative strategies in the donation space; test & scale as appropriate
Manage an effective fundraising program that delivers fundraising set targets
Work closely with store operations and corporate communications to continually develop and enhance our core fundraising capabilities: associate giving and customer point of sale fundraising
Lead the development of new funding streams, including recruitment of vendors, partners and relational donors
Lead a program for donor loyalty and retention
Continually develop and maintain positive relationships with associations, businesses and corporations for monetary, in-kind and volunteer support
Supervise the in-take of all donations to ensure process compliance, equitable appropriation and donor acknowledgement
In partnership with Marketing, build and implement a strategic communication and marketing plan to promote DSGF’s fundraising goals and needs and drive donation action
Manage all public and external relations in regards to fundraising for DSGF
Develop and lead all fundraising and signature event planning efforts
Work cross functionally with DSG marketing and external partners to integrate into events that provide fundraising opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum two to three years of fundraising or donation strategy/analytics experience
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and business plans
- Solves problems creatively and works individually with little supervision on multiple jobs to produces communications of high quality and on time
- Experience of utilizing the strength of an organization’s brand for charity/business development
- Proven track record of meeting challenging fundraising targets
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organization and/ or its services.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships.
- Additional Comments:
- Substantial fundraising and management experience including a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds.
- Experience in development of an individual donor program and donor marketing.
National education technology nonprofit is seeking a full-time Development Associate to play a key role in supporting the organization’s fundraising efforts and growth goals.
What We Do
Classroom, Inc. helps middle school youth in high-poverty communities develop the literacy and life skills that are essential for a successful transition to high school and beyond. We create digital learning games set in diverse professional worlds and empower students to take charge of their learning, imagine new possibilities for themselves, and gain the skills and confidence to achieve newfound ambitions.
Why We Do It
At Classroom, Inc. we are seizing on the opportunity to engage middle school youth in deep and impactful learning experiences. With 27 years of research and impact, we know our approach works. When middle school youth are given the chance to connect the dots between school and their future, immerse themselves in career exploration, and develop critical literacy and leadership skills, they are ready to bring their full potential to any opportunity they wish to pursue.
Students participating in Read to Lead programs increase their time spent reading, and develop core literacy skills; demonstrate growth in the 21st century skills that are critical to thrive in the modern workplace such as collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving; and gain exposure to new career paths and opportunities.
One middle school educator, Kiwonda Riley, explained the impact for her students: “My students were asking questions about how businesses work, and what it takes to be a boss. On top of improving their reading comprehension, Read to Lead taught them the skills they need to be effective leaders. Students are challenged to make important decisions, preparing them for life outside of their classrooms.”
Development Associate Role
Who are you? You have a strong belief in Classroom’s mission, excellent communication and organizational skills, and are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. You demonstrate a professional manner in dealing with a variety of stakeholders, including Board members and donors. You are the kind of person who thinks about how systems can be used to boost productivity—both for yourself and others. You are eager to learn as part of a small, encouraging, and talented team, supporting and advancing the work of Classroom, Inc.’s Development Department in raising funding from foundations, corporations, and individuals. The Development Associate’s responsibilities include:
Donor Engagement & Moves Management
- Manage next steps with donors, keeping the team on track to follow up on all cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation action items in an effective and timely manner.
- Assist with preparation for site visits, meetings, and events by creating briefing documents, compiling marketing folders, and arranging travel and logistics, as needed.
- Manage development information in Salesforce, inclusive of all records of donor gifts and information, open revenue opportunities, and key performance indicators.
- Support the creation of quarterly updates to the Board through the creation of reports that show progress to date on department goals and forward-looking projections.
- Create mailing lists and reports for all donor appeals, invitation lists, and other mailings.
- Identify and research prospective new donors who Classroom, Inc. can engage to diversify and increase our philanthropic support.
Events and Communications
- Support the planning and management of fundraising events, including managing logistics, RSVP’s, invitations, and pre/post-event follow up.
- Support development communications through drafting correspondence to donors, gift acknowledgement letters and emails, managing direct mail appeals, and managing development email communications through Act-On.
- Provide general administrative support, including scheduling, expenses, and filing, as needed.
- Supervise a Development Intern, who supports the department in data management, prospect research, administrative responsibilities, and special projects.
- Stay up-to-date on trends in philanthropy, education, and edtech.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in building a career in nonprofit fundraising; prior development experience a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to grow professionally, and continuously learn and improve
- Entrepreneurial, creative, self-starter
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Experience conducting research through online sources; experience with Foundation Center and other fundraising research tools a plus
- Familiarity with database functionality required; knowledge of SalesForce a plus
- Familiarity with email communication tools required; knowledge of Act-On a plus
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Classroom, Inc. offers a comprehensive healthcare plan, generous PTO package including 20 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays, and matching 403-b benefits up to 5% of total compensation (after 6 months of full-time employment).
This is a full-time position reporting to the Managing Director of Development. At Classroom, Inc. each team member is fully committed to our mission. We are looking for talented team members who match our passion, are ready to lead and help us achieve growth and impact for youth nationwide. If you’re interested, send BOTH a cover letter and resume to the Hiring Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday