Here are some sample job advertisements for this type of role:
Senior Associate, Finance Transformation
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Finance Transformation t for our Consulting practice.
- Lead Finance transformation engagements involving strategy, operating model design and implementation support utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Decision Support technologies to enable transformation of business processes, the finance operating model, technology, security and data
- Support business development activities such as identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities; work with the appropriate KPMG resources from other service lines/industries
- Lead the day-to-day delivery of technology enabled finance transformation engagements for various clients, including finance process and operating model design, package design, implementation support and deployment
- Supervise and performance manage staff working on assigned engagements
- Manage engagements according to KPMG’s financial/cost management policies
- A minimum of three years of experience in the healthcare industry in the areas of financial accounting, finance operations, and/or financial planning & analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Experience with Workday and certification is a plus
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to write at a publication quality level
- Detailed understanding of ERP System concepts and general module functionality
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Being part of Accenture Consulting means becoming an expert at making the New happen Now. To us, the New is all about the wise pivot that turns constant disruption to continuous reinvention. We are an innovation led-company that works at the heart of our clients’ organizations so that no matter how complex the business challenge, we face the future with confidence.
If you love solving challenges and not just studying them, then Accenture Consulting is the right place for you. Join us to develop your ideas into provocative points of view and transformative insights that help shape industries. You’ll work with an amazing and diverse mix of world-class experts with access to one of the most robust portfolios of capabilities and ecosystem relationships in the industry. Together, you’ll do so much more than consult.
Coming here means future-proofing your career and going as far as your ambition takes you. Becoming a tech-savvy, well-rounded, multi-disciplined and market-relevant advisor doesn’t happen by chance. We invest in training and development in a big way, so you can build your future along with ours, creating an impactful career unique to you. Ultimately, we believe we is greater than me and that diverse perspectives lead to the best solutions. Joining Accenture Consulting means you will learn, innovate and lead, and together we will improve the way the world works and lives.
CFO-Enterprise Value, and we give finance execs the sounding board they need. Value isn’t just about maintenance. It’s about zeroing in on smart, sustainable ways to grow, and finding the right tools to keep everything on track. We’ve got the deep industry experience, the functional insights, the data power, and the digital tech leadership to help our clients make important changes. Whether we’re breaking down meaningful analytics, designing the perfect finance platforms, or building from current risk and compliance models to get ready for the future, we solve our clients’ toughest problems. Visit us here to find out more about CFO-Enterprise Value.
A numbers person, a techie and above all, a team-player. You’ve always understood the power of technology to make financial functions easier, and now you’re ready to work collaboratively to help get clients ready for the future of finance.
- Support project teams as they modernize business through finance
- Champion digital finance strategies by:
- Defining end-to-end finance processes (procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report) that incorporate machine learning
- Implementing Cloud ERP and EV business solutions
- Working on finance applications that improve digital efficiencies
- Attract new business by creating thoughtful proposals and building strong client relationships
- Help grow the practice by showing clients the benefits of Accenture initiatives and products
- Stay on top of how new regulations and technologies affect clients’ businesses – and ours
- Be ready to travel when needed
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in Finance and/or consulting.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Solid understanding of the Finance function, operating models and supporting organization structures, and process best practices
- Solid project management experience including: defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management
- ERP technology understanding (SAP / Oracle / Workday)
- Experience with Finance technologies such as Anaplan, Hyperion, BPC, Anaplan, OBIEE, Tableau, Fusion, etc.
- Lead and/or support project teams engaged in the successful delivery of a wide range of Financial Transformation initiatives aligning finance with business strategy in support of the broader organization’s future vision
- Help develop Finance strategies by assessing a client’s business challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems and recommending an approach leveraging CFGI assets
- Create strategies and blueprints that define end-to-end finance processes (e.g., Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report) and harness the power of robotic process automation to accelerate transaction processing
- Identify and support business development initiatives; participate in and lead all aspects of the proposal development process
- Develop thought capital and disseminate information around current and emerging trends
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, the CFO ecosystem, and broader marketplace
Who you are:
- Finance focused with a minimum of 5 years’ experience combined in finance + strategic consulting.
- Solid understanding of the finance function, operating models, supporting organization structures, and process best practices.
- Significant engagement management experience as well as business, practice, and people development
- Working knowledge and expertise in analytics, forecasting, and finance technologies (process, planning analytics, core Financial)
- Experience with Finance technologies such as Anaplan, Cognos, Hyperion, OBIEE, Tableau, Fusion, etc.
- ERP technology understanding SAP / Oracle / Workday)
- Experience leading a project, leading a project team and the ability to lead key requirement workshops with clients
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, document requirements, and articulate the value proposition and business case for various finance transformation solutions
- Must be able to travel Monday – Thursday