Here are sample advertisements for these types of roles…
Manager/Sr Manager, Experiential Marketing & Partnerships
- Lead activation planning with partners for Premium Card Products
- Steer all activities and lead a collaborative team across experiential, social media, communications, creative, PR, GCO, business partners, that support the Premium Card products and its partners
- Lead large cross-functional team including multiple agencies and industry partners to deliver plans and differentiated experiences.
- Communicate/liaise across teams to ensure communication flow, guardrails are adhered to, issues are raised and resolved, results are tracked and plans optimized, and budgets are managed
- Foster key industry relationships, and in particular make our partners feel a winning collaboration with American Express
- 5-8 years of experience in partnership marketing and/or experiential marketing – experience in 360 integrated marketing and/or digital marketing is a plus
- Experience managing teams and agencies with proven track record in partner management
- Knowledge of the entertainment/fashion/music/dining/travel/wellness industries with a passion for pop culture
- High degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in small and large groups
- Ability to work under pressure, within compressed timelines and balance multiple priorities while still maintaining an optimistic “team player” attitude
- Strong communications, multitasking, organization and analytical skills
- Out of the box thinking with a strong “customer first” instinct; must be constantly curious and passionate about the space
- Ability to balance “big picture” thinking with tactical execution, always focused on driving results
- Strong customer and service orientation
Director, Events and Experiential
Hulu , Santa Monica, CA, US
What You’ll Do
- Report to the VP of Brand and align with key internal executives in the development and execution of integrated experiential and event strategies based on stakeholder goals, budget and company priorities.
- Seen as a trusted expert in the experiential and entertainment event world leading all projects from vision to execution.
- Partner with internal teams to execute events with the purpose of furthering client relationships, enhancing brand messaging and/or a variety of additional internal goals to increase Hulu’s growth and visibility.
- Acts as conduit between event team and marketing executives, providing regular updates and elevating situations as required.
- Lead weekly Experiential and Events team meetings and other key information platforms to collect and communicate pertinent relative information.
- Oversee and drive overall team strategy, line-item budget and reconciliation, OKRs, and KPIs, while providing thoughtful leadership and guidance to all members of the team.
- Understand and anticipate industry trends that will affect Hulu in the short and long term. Provide strategic insight into these issues and offer solutions back.
- Supervise, mentor and take a personal stake in the development of the Experiential and Events team members daily.
- Showcase power of the Hulu brand through: Ability to ideate around sponsor activations and craft symbiotic branding between sponsors and Hulu, leading all event strategy and presence for industry trade shows, work with talent, and consistently deliver the on-brand activations.
WHAT TO BRING
- 10+ years of event experience
- Experience in the entertainment field required
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Public Relations, or related field
- Experienced in MS Excel/Google Sheets and experience building intuitive excel models
- Experience in MS PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to run with multiple projects at a given time.
- Strong time management skills, verbal and written communication skills
- An extensive event portfolio featuring a wide range of event experience including premieres, red carpets, awards campaigns, experiential activations, and key industry events (Upfronts, CES, Cannes Lions, Comic Con, TCA, SXSW, etc.).
——-Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/twitch-tv/ ),Twitter ( https://twitter.com/Twitch ) and on our blog ( https://blog.twitch.tv/ ).About the Role
————–As a Brand Experience Design Lead you’ll manage and design projects that bring the Twitch universe into the real-world. You’ll work in multiple creative mediums required to support a range of external and internal facing marketing programs.
You will help visualize the Twitch voice and values through experiential, product, and brand design. Your work will aid our narrative and create unique connections and experiences with our community.
You will function within the Brand Design Team reporting to the Director of Brand Experience and interface closely with marketing, events, partnerships, and other teams to create and deliver unique design solutions to complex problems.
- Inspire new ways of thinking that build upon the existing Twitch brand identity through visual comps, sketches, mood-boards, renders, and illustrations
- Create and support development, execution, and production of creative concepts on a wide range of projects (events, trade shows, packaging, off-line brand activations etc.)
- Concept and design Twitch merchandise for internal (swag) and external (retail) programs
- Understand new technologies and how they can enhance our brand narrative through experiential design
- Provide design concepts-from initial briefing through final delivery
- Manage relationships and communication with clients while managing complex projects
- Oversee and support installation of offline activations
- 5+ years of agency, in-house or start-up design experience
- Experience in interior or environmental design
- Outstanding visual design skills in typography, composition, branding, layout, and interactive design
- A fascination with innovation and technology and a solid understanding of creative print production processes and environmental substrates
- Familiarity with architectural construction plans (scale, plan view, elevations, etc.)
- Comfortable iterating quickly and communicating ideas across different levels of fidelity
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Familiar with SketchUp, Auto CAD, 3D Studio Max
- Merchandise design experience
- General Video Games Knowledge
Opus Agency is a fast paced, high technology, growing event agency. As a team, we deliver innovative and memorable brand experiences with tremendous impact to our clients. We provide event marketing, management and production solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
Opus is looking for an Experiential Producer based in Los Angelos. This role is the day-to-day contact for our clients and manages all production components of a project from start to finish. The Experiential Producer also acts as a mentor for our Production Coordinators and Assistants, playing a crucial role in their professional development. The Experiential Producer reports directly to the Sr. Executive Producer, Experiential.
- Actively participate in event ideation and create draft decks for creative directors and art directors to populate; review and edit each draft to ensure integrity and feasibility of creative concepts prior to sharing with client
- Update creative decks weekly based on client feedback
- Ensure that creative/experiential end product matches project specifications
- Effectively communicate client needs and wishes to team, including creative and technical directors
- Lead weekly/monthly client calls and review post-call debriefs prepared by the Coordinator, ensuring accuracy
- Create all necessary project documentation including work back timelines, PA grids, production schedule, graphics grid, décor/prop purchase grid, contact sheet, deliverables grid, etc.
- Prepare, manage and track project budgets; Set up Production documents with budget buckets for coordinators/art directors to work within.
- Oversee location research undertaken by Coordinators
- Conduct site visits and onsite meetings with vendors (i.e. catering tasting, scenic builds, etc.)
- Contract with and manage vendors (including venue, scenic, AV, printers, caterers, graphic designers, artists, developers, etc); negotiate pricing to fit within budget and manage timelines/deadlines for each vendor
- Collection and review of all COI’s for event, confirming Opus coverage as well as all necessary requirements from venue.
- Oversee all onsite staff beginning with staff briefing documents, and onsite staff briefing of their roles during event.
- Create ROS in collaboration with client and deliver to show caller where applicable
- Responsible for the safety of staff and guests at event. In the event of an emergency or accident, will file the necessary incident reports and contact authorities (medical, fire, paramedic), as well as let Opus senior management know immediately.
- Reconcile all receipts with coordinator and close out budget with EP/Director of Production
- Responsible for all post event trafficking to client or storage
- Follow up with client post event to review event pros and cons
- Write event summary and share photos for Opus files and social media
- Ensure all files are transferred into their name from any freelancers
- At least 3-5 years of experience managing events
- Demonstrated event project management skills with all event components
- Experience with budget management and financial tracking
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong computer and technology skills, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word
Opus offers a choice of three very rich medical programs, dental, vision, FSA, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and AD&D coverage. We also have a 401(k) program and generous profit sharing plan.
If you like a fast-paced environment, with smart and motivated colleagues, and want to have fun at work, this may be the fit for you
Technical Director – Experiential
Confidential – Brooklyn, NY
Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- At least seven (7) years of experience working on Audio, Visual, and Lighting aspects of events and experiential projects; experience with Interactive Tech and Scenic elements preferred;
- High-Intermediate to Advanced skill in 3D drafting, knowledge of Vectorworks a plus;
- Prior staff management experience, with the ability to manage and supervise various projects and teams simultaneously;
- Experienced and creative approach to budget management;
- Excellent project management, organizational, delegation and prioritization skills, good with spreadsheets and faithfully uses them;
- Established vendor relationships and the ability to develop relationships with existing vendors;
- Strong knowledge in cutting-edge A/V/Lighting gear, and passion for learning and testing new equipment.
- Strong conflict resolution skills;
- Strong client-facing skills, such as proper and timely communication, anticipating and exceeding client needs, seeking feedback, and cultivating lasting client relationships;
- Wholistic understanding of experiential design and production, with the ability to spot opportunities, efficiencies, and conflicts;
- Creative, flexible, curious.
- Lead and coordinate all technical and logistical aspects of event production including:
- Logistical operations & project management as relates to A/V/L in coordination with scenic and Interactive;
- A/V/Lighting vendor contract negotiations and management;
- Vendor procurement, relationship development, and management;
- Budgeting of technical aspects;
- Technical production supervision;
- Legal compliance where applicable;
- Clear and consistent communication internally;
- Actively contribute to the strategic development of the production;
- Work intimately with internal teams throughout the design development, budgeting, feasibility vetting and build phases of a project;
- Draft and develop technical briefs to relay to vendor when necessary;
- Prepared with solutions when discussing issues or changes with the team;
- Manage events with live show/programming and technical elements;
- Call and attend necessary team production meetings;
- Hold and attend regular meetings with AVLIS teams;
- Booking crew to the highest level of skill sets when applicable;
- Providing a concise technical brief to the operating crew;
- Outsourcing and booking of staff, equipment, and additional services where applicable
- Post-event wrap-up report and debrief meeting, including identifying areas of success and areas which might require improvement.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
Project Manager (Contract Role)
Bluecadet – New York, NY 10005 (Financial District area)
Bluecadet is looking for a CONTRACT Project Manager to manage complex experiential design projects, which include a combination of media (motion graphics, film), digital interactives, physical design, and environmental graphics, from acquisition through execution. Our ideal candidate is an adaptable person, always looking to improve. Making people happy matters to you. Problem solving makes you feel alive. You can communicate with all walks of digital life, and you don’t shy away from difficult conversations. You thrive in a role where you bring the project team together to solve problems, reduce uncertainty, remove obstacles, eradicate waste, maintain momentum and make people happy.
This is a six-month, on-site engagement with the potential to extend or convert based on business needs.
Bluecadet is an award-winning, internationally-recognized experience design agency focused on producing transformative digital products and environments. We work with cultural institutions, universities, and mission-driven organizations and brands. Past clients include MoMA, Harvard, Princeton, The Smithsonian Institution, Doctors Without Borders, National Geographic, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
This position is based in our New York City office. Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manages the day-to-day running of creative and development teams – facilitating and leading productive conversations. Performs regular check-ins with creative and technical teams.
- Creates, manages and oversees detailed project plans and documentation including contracts, SOWs, changes of scope, schedules and budgets, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Serves as one of the primary points of communication with the client.
- Serves as one of the primary points of communication with vendor teams and/or subcontractors.
- Creates and maintains thriving client relationships.
- Leads project status meetings and updates with internal teams, partners, and clients.
- Collaborates with teams to define product specifications and functional requirements. Helps lead the discovery phases of projects and determine project approach and scope.
- Assigns tasks to team members and manages production of work throughout the project lifecycle.
- Minimizes exposure to risk by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and clients to mitigate risks.
- Uses appropriate methods to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Ensures resource availability and allocation including weekly tracking, updates and reporting on project utilizations and budget burns.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Reports and escalates to management as needed.
- Manages and participates in testing and quality assurance for all deliverables. Ensures projects are delivered to a high quality standard.
- Ensures team members are set up for success and have everything they need to get their work done. Checks in frequently and ensures open lines of communication.
- Comfortable engaging with content and creative side of project work in order to best support team.
- Contributes ideas to projects and actively participates in team meetings.
- Manages clear and thorough capture of team meeting notes and provides follow-up tasks and to-dos to team members.
- Contributes relevant subject matter expertise in project area (e.g. film production, web design and development, interactive application user experience).
- Establishes and manages partnerships with third parties/vendors, when relevant.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of professional experience
- At least 2 years of experience producing digital media projects such as touchscreen kiosks, mobile apps, interactive installations, websites, films
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects
Screening, interviewing, staffing and managing talent for various promotional event positions (including call-ins to check-in/verify talent’s presence at all assigned events)
Manage ongoing communication with clients and vendors (i.e., status reports, call recap reports, timelines, project status updates, etc.)
Experience working with planning tools; i.e., budget tracking, project timeline, logistics and deliverables schedules, event specs, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
Ownership of objectives and progress reporting communication for assigned programs (in conjunction with client and project team)
Working knowledge of experiential marketing / promotional events beyond basic knowledge and “how to” and ability to speak and strategize on staffing, training, logistics, execution and measurement
Work within and develop timelines for event roll-outs and ongoing evaluation
Ability to manage budget as well as address scope and changes to budget
Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients and talent, as well as all internal team members and departments
Develop and actively manage vendor/ freelance relationships to ensure best available resources within budget
Meet and exceed expectations for client service goals and program success metrics
Maintain complete and updated program files with all project details and event information
Maintain talent files with project details and performance feedback
Develop a thorough knowledge of our industry, products and services, as well as those of our competitors and clients
Meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, report on key accounts and deliver prompt and sound decisions
Education & Skills:
3 – 5 years of related experience in experiential marketing or events
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Excellent verbal & written communication, project management and prioritization skills
Attention to detail & and ability to multi-task
Microsoft Office proficient
Ability to work effectively under pressure with tight deadlines and adapt to unforeseen circumstances
Willing and able to work nonstandard work hours and weekends as required
A self-starter, highly organized, knowledge hungry and able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization
Must be a creative, forward-thinker
Must have professional appearance and persona
Strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
Career minded and seeking long-term employment and growth opportunities
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level and Work Experience required: Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years professional experience managing high-profile consumer and B2B events for a company, institution or nonprofit or with an experiential marketing organization; Experience working with multiple stakeholders and complex organizations also required
- Create and capitalize on opportunities for New York:
- For Business Development Events – Work with ESD Strategic Business Dev. and International teams and other business partners.
- For Tourism Events – Work with the TAC, NYS Regional Councils, state agencies, Governor’s Office and directly with industry [e.g. Convention & Visitors Bureaus; Tourism Promotion Agents, et al].
- Define the strategic role of events as part of our overall marketing mission to drive economic impact
- Develop an annual strategic events plan outlining key audience segments
- Establish a clear process for measuring event impact
- Establish consumer insights to insure relevant content and event focus; developing content as needed
- Establish process and protocols for event execution aligned with state financial procedures
- Prepare summary information and reports for SVP on activities, results and impacts
- Manage trade events for SBD and the Governor’s Office
- Manage annual budget and budget protocols
- Assist in the development Welcome Centers
- Work with the Executive Chamber on special activities
- Work with appropriate state agencies, industry organizations and ESD personnel to identify appropriate event marketing opportunities
- Outreach with New York based groups to expand knowledge of event opportunities
- Supervise events staff
- Other projects and activities as required