Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role:
Head of Expansion, Amazon One
- 7+ years of experience leading end-to-end complex programs teams
- MBA or equivalent
The Team: How often do you get the opportunity to join a start-up working on a brand-new Amazon product? Have you ever wanted to be part of the next big thing while it was literally day zero? Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly collaborative environment that’s in the earliest stages of solving a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
The Role: We’re looking for an entrepreneurial program leader who has a proven track record defining, building and delivering new products, programs, and launches. As a Principal Program Manager, you will have to pivot between thinking big and diving in to the details; you should be able to create a compelling vision and then roll up your sleeves, dig in and bring that vision to life. You will launch and grow new programs or businesses, and be adept at collaborating with an array of stakeholders, from executive leadership to software, product, hardware, research, legal, and business teams. You must be comfortable in highly ambiguous, fast pace environments where every day brings a new challenge and opportunity. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you. You are eager to be a founder on a new Amazon team in start-up mode, tasked with solving problems that haven’t been solved.
In this role you will:
- Effectively prioritize and manage product and program launches
- Define and develop scalable solutions for launches
- Own, develop and maintain SOPs and best-practices across workstreams
- Work closely with all stakeholder teams to define and ensure commitment and follow through on all expectations.
- Manage post launch issues and support requirements with business teams and merchants
- Own updates and communication to leaders
- Own metrics and tracking
- 10+ years of experience leading end-to-end complex programs teams
- Demonstrated track record of developing and launching new, accretive businesses
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
International Expansion Specialist North America
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an International Expansion Specialist (for Europe and Africa), joining our International Expansion team. Note that this position is fully remote.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has experience from previous project management/legal or international expansion roles in North America/Canada.
- Has a legal or paralegal background professionally or by way of education
- Is a strong team player and collaborator flexible to navigate across a variety of topics and tasks.
- Is detail oriented, solutions-focused and facilitates task clarity and completeness.
- Is highly collaborative and yet independent in creatively unblocking challenges and finding alternatives.
- Has a strong interest in documentation, process, knowledge sharing and effective communication.
- Is a productivity geek and is constantly looking for ways to improve and speed up execution.
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Proficiency in additional languages is an advantage.
- May or may not have prior experience working remotely, but it’s considered a plus.
- Is inspired to make a difference in the remote employment space.
- Providing critical project execution support to the International Expansion team liaising with external and internal stakeholders.
- Day-to-day management of project tasks, deadlines and deliverables contributing to continuous progress and completion of milestones.
- Continuous learning and building of process and policy knowledge through highly effective communication, documentation and process adherence.
- Be the go-to person for the International Expansion Manager and team for extraordinary responsiveness, progress update with external providers and internal teams.
- Multi-tasking across projects and jurisdictions guided by strategic goals and tactical priorities.
- Proactively identifying process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborating towards improved and more productive workflow.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Director of International Expansion
- Team: International Expansion
- Location: Europe or Africa
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of International Expansion
- Interview with International Expansion Manager
- Interview with VP of International Expansion, Global Ops and People Ops
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
Expansion Project Manager
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As Expansion Project Manager, you will drive the implementation of Infarm’s operational activities in new locations. Working together with key functional stakeholders and project managers from the client-side, you will be responsible for the successful coordination of operational projects, ensuring that deliverables are communicated, progress documented, and execution is timely. The initial focus of the role will be on the expansion into new markets across Canada and the United States, with the role being based in our HQ in New York City.
- You’re excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Take ownership of managing multiple expansion projects simultaneously, from defining the scope and planning up to implementation, ensuring that each project life-cycle is completed successfully
- Perform all project management activities: project planning, identifying key resources and stakeholders, coordinating activities to reach project milestones, managing team touch-points, leading regular client meetings, providing updates to internal and external stakeholders, documenting outcomes, etc.
- Develop and maintain client relationships so that their expectations are understood and needs fully met
- Coordinate the work of a small team consisting of internal stakeholders from different functional expertise (Architecture, Installation, Sales, etc) in order to implement our farming units at the client sites
- Act as the primary point of contact for all stakeholders (both external and internal) throughout the life-cycle of the projects. In case of issues related to project implementation on the grounds, you will escalate and assign relevant tasks to different team members if needed
- Work closely with Customer Success Partners to provide input for ongoing client management, expansion, and success
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university
- 6+ year of experience with 3+ years focused on project management within Operations, Installation and/or Expansion activities, ideally on an international scale
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills, combined with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills along with the ability to act quickly and make sound judgments under time-pressure
- Ability to build and maintain strong and trustful client relationships
- Willingness to travel
- Agile Certification is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus
- Fluency in other languages is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 19 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
Expansion Operations Specialist
- Work with a team to assess and select new Forward locations
- Work with a team to manage the design and construction of new Forward locations
- Work cross functionally to coordinate business unit deliverables for new locations
- Impact-Driven – You’re deeply mission-driven, and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed in photos. (Although we concede those are cute.)
- A Problem Solver – You love breaking down highly complex problems into their easily explainable building blocks.
- Detail-Oriented – You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy diving into operational processes.
- Scrappy – You’re a hustler who will get your hands dirty and protect your builders at every turn.
- A Sponge – You want to learn everything about anything because you know the best way to grow is to have a solid foundation.
- An Owner – You have an owner’s mindset, you’re thinking about more than just what’s on your plate with a good balance of grit and ambition.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Research experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Action oriented
- High attention to detail
- 3-5 years of experience
- Program/Project Management experience
- Operations experience