Here are sample job advertisements for these types of jobs:
We love what we do – and it shows! Time Out Market (TOM) is the division of Time Out that brings our food and cultural experiences to life for our guests, readers and clients. The National Event Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the Time Out Market Event Sales experience for the daily operations of the US Time Out Markets. This position will be responsible for implementation and the oversight of the entire lifecycle of event inquiries.
- Handle all incoming TOM event inquiries and ensure follow up on the same business day.
- Coordinate all administrative event details with client from inquiry to close including negotiating, executing proposals, contracts, credit card authorization forms, processing payments and deposits, developing floor plans, post event follow-up and lost business reports.
- Work with the chefs and operators of each concession stand to develop competitive, exciting, and diverse catering/event offerings.
- Work with local management to coordinate all logistical event details from planning to execution, including site inspections, tastings, vendor meetings, and day-of onsite client contact.
- Coordinate with TOM Management Operations Team to ensure seamless execution of event.
- Act as primary contact to client leading up to their event date and follow up as needed; must be able to monitor the progress of the event and deal with diversions and uncertainties immediately
- Liaise with Time Out Digital teams to execute Marketing strategies and Creative Solutions for Event Sales.
- Build and maintain client database to ensure repeat business.
- Partner with local TOM Finance to produce all necessary Event Cards and process all financial payments as required by each event.
- Conduct weekly BEO meetings with the local TOM Management team to discuss the details of the events including but not limited to staffing levels, room set-up, menus, and special requests.
- Manage “Triple Seat” program including conversion of inquiries and lost business tracking.
- Prepare monthly property sales and commission reports, provide to local GM for approval and payment.
- Achieve pre-set sales budgets and forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Develop long-term event strategies that demonstrate continued evolution. To include, but not limited to, conducting industry research to identify new event opportunities, and maintaining knowledge of local competition.
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, lead others, delegate
- Ability to provide incentives for staff to go above and beyond the expectations of their roles
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
- Ability to speak to guests fluently regarding the food, beverage, and overall concept
- Ability to demonstrate and impose upon service staff the ability to service guests with utmost of care, service and excellence, utilizing the highest standards of service techniques
- Ability to follow-up and make accurate decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude always
- Ability to keep an open and objective view
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful always
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to work well under pressure
- 21+ years of age.
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Working Knowledge Requirements
- 1-3 years in a similar role required within the hospitality industry.
- Proficient in Windows MS Office, Outlook.
- Proficient in Triple Seat or other property management sales systems
- Previous experience managing budgets and event staff.
- Previous experience in event planning and sales.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work nights/weekends as needed
$40,000 – $65,000 a year
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Sales Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are looking for a competent Event Sales Manager to help create the best events in the business by working with the clients, in-house staff and vendors to oversee and organize events that will make an impact to a target audience. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
- Contract current & new customers to build relationships and bid on their events
- Work with design teams to create innovative & exciting proposals.
- Assist in managing vendors and suppliers
- Act as on-site client liaison with client & provide staff guidance
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and maintain contact with client to ensure their satisfaction
- Sales experience in the event or hospitality industries
- Skilled in event design
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skill
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Build relationships by networking and prospecting with key decision markers, establish and develop strong and effective relationships with influencers through the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Coordinate and deliver effective sales presentations.
- Independently sources, identifies, and pursues outside networking opportunities through professional industry resources and community events, or special events attended by prospects.
- Responsible for negotiating, authoring, and submitting finalized contracts and BEOs to Client and Internal Staff.
- Address or coordinate all Catering requirements and requests in a timely and helpful manner.
- Maintain accurate records for all Catering sales activities in conjunction.
- Communicate daily with Food & Beverage Manager, culinary staff, catering staff, and Operations Staff about the needs of our guests and their expectations.
- Maintain an extensive client database for follow-up sales calls and contact (in person, phone, email, mail, etc.)
- Assist with follow-up of guests’ experience at the venue, ensuring that all issues have been addressed.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of catered events as directed.
- Serves as primary group and convention contact once the contract is signed; approves any inventory or other changes, responds to questions or concerns in a timely manner.
- Assists with oversight of accounts receivable in conjunction with assigned events.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), plus minimum 6 months related hospitality industry experience and/or training.
- 2 or more years in a sales role, with verifiable sales success.
- Demonstrated proficiency and successful experience in catering sales generation, contract negotiation and pricing, event scheduling, training, catering, banquets and menu development.
- Ability to work independently both on and off venue property with little supervision or oversight.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on creating word documents, Excel spreadsheets, email); working knowledge of POS systems.
- Ability to adhere to high standard of business etiquette, professional verbal and written communication.
- Ability to consistently represent the Company in a professional, positive and knowledgeable manner.
- Ability to adhere to highest standard of confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to produce detail-oriented, accurate work.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and evenings, as required to ensure outcome.
- Ability to travel to outside sales calls and/or events.
- Proven ability to make solid, appropriate and independent decisions.