Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Email Marketing Manager
Avenue V Agency is seeking the smartest, most creative, most enthusiastic Email Marketing Manager to join our team. We’re less concerned with your years of experience than we are with your awesome experience of successful projects and ‘go-getter’ attitude for moving Avenue V forward.
Avenue V Agency offers the entrepreneurial culture of a digital business with a creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at Avenue V, continue reading below.
Email Marketing Managers play a critical and essential role in production and delivery of our clients’ email marketing campaigns. Account Managers are the main point of contact when it comes to managing against email marketing campaigns, executing on daily email marketing production and answering any production related questions. The ideal candidate should be detailed oriented, efficient, dependable and a collaborative team player with a positive “can do” professional attitude. We are looking for team players who thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic team within a boutique marketing agency. Experiences with an interactive or agency background are a plus. If you have a sense of humor, strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a positive outlook; this just may be the right role for you.
– Setting up, testing, and deploying our clients’ email marketing campaigns
– Managing marketing calendars, trafficking assets and the complete client approval process
– Interacting with clients on a daily basis and answering questions regarding production status or application related inquiries
– Support clients in developing and reporting on results of their email marketing campaigns
– Managing our clients’ subscriber databases, including creating and updating their lists and segmenting data for targeted cross-channel marketing
– Implement quality assurance processes to ensure accurate and on-time campaign delivery
– Perform basic project management and have strong communication skills
– Helping our clients build and improve their cross-channel marketing strategies
– Maintain positive relationships within team and across broader team
– Accountability for resolving client issues, proposing solutions and escalating to the appropriate person to the point of resolution
– Bachelor’s degree (or comparable work experience)
– Proficiency with HTML
– Exposure to Microsoft Excel for managing data and performing quantitative analysis
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
– Keen attention to detail
– Exceptional work ethic, ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines, and demonstrates enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
– Email Service Providers
– Located in New York City region
– Exposure to databases and query tools like Microsoft Access a plus
Are you someone who…
- Can see a project through from start to finish?
- Has digital marketing, social media or content-oriented experience?
- Believes great products can help people live better? Do you swing for the fences every day? Feel comfortable risking failure in order to achieve success?
- Passionate and can effectively share opinions in a clear and non-threatening way?
- Is quick on his or her feet with the ability to make educated decisions under pressure?
- Is a real team player.
- Is Responsible.
- Is in it for the long haul? Startup life is characterized by big ups and big downs, with lots of learning along the way.
DOMINO is looking to hire a Retention Marketing Manager to join our growing digital team. This is a high impact role that owns and operates email, one of our strongest distribution channels in addition to building new re-engagement channels such as notifications and SMS. You will partner with our editorial and creative teams to execute daily newsletters as well as lead data-driven campaigns and develop new subscriptions to scale and segment our audience.
Who’s a good fit? You are motivated by data and constantly reflecting on performance and industry insights to pivot strategy. You are collaborative and enjoy working closely with multiple departments—editorial, creative, and branded content—to create campaigns that engage our readers. You are goal oriented and want to help Domino become a lifestyle media leader and go-to partner amongst other like-minded brands and publishers.
- Own and operate Domino’s email channel including daily newsletters to increase site traffic and cultivate engaged, loyal communities, category emails, and brand marketing campaigns.
- Oversee end-to-end campaign execution: Collaborate with digital editors who craft content and guide voice, provide data insights to optimize content performance, A/B test images and subject lines, build lists and lead audience segmentation, and schedule emails in PostUp.
- Develop and execute robust A/B testing strategy for increasing OR and CTR
- Manage branded emails: Partner with revenue team including Brand Partnerships and Account Management to ensure that branded email campaigns are executed and tested with precision; optimizing delivery for performance and providing best-in-class ideas for new sponsored email products.
- Build and optimize digital content tracks and trigger tracks with a thorough understanding of subscriber behavior.
- Develop a launch strategy for new re-engagement channels such as SMS and notifications.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Director to craft and execute email marketing strategy in step with the brand’s overarching traffic and engagement goals.
- Be engaged with industry trends, events, announcements, and emerging technologies to constantly improve domino’s email marketing presence and positioning.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of email marketing experience.
- A proven record of growing email product for a digital business.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for the home space and appreciation of great design.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Insurance; 3 Plan options-Insurance is effective on first day of employment
- Dental / Vision / Rx Drug Insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy – 15 Days (to start) & 11 Paid Holidays
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – 2 Days per year
- 401k Savings Plan plus Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Commuter and Transit Benefits
- Maternity (16 Paid Weeks) / Paternity (4 Paid Weeks) / Adoption Leave (4 Paid Weeks)
Domino is an inclusive employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Sr Mgr Customer Engagement & Retention
2. Own the customer journey from lead to new customer to ongoing active customer activities to return-from-churn and winback
3. Create customer segmentation to drive relevant and impactful marketing communications
4. Manage core CRM activity (Email, Push notifications, in-app messaging, targeted web messaging).
5. Develop and Maintain Marketing activation calendar
6. Project retention trends and key financial model inputs based on marketing and digital product release activities
7. Maintain close linkage to customer service leaders to ensure that we take important learnings from customer feedback and put it into action
- Deep experience working in direct-to-consumer (B2C) media companies with digital content. Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal.
- Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans.
- Extensive familiarity with using customer segmentation and data, test, target and measure marketing campaigns and advanced, innovative digital strategies
- Experience managing a CRM and data system to enhance a subscription and advertising business and more effectively communicate with and engage consumers.
- Proven leadership of a multifunctional marketing and data organization, responsible for driving significant revenue impact.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
This individual will be a self-starter that is responsible for marketing programs and strategies that drive increased customer retention and sales. They will support the daily execution of marketing emails, direct mail, and promotional content as well as drive subscriber acquisition. They will track key customer and channel metrics — for both buyers and consignors — on an ongoing basis, and share insights and recommendations on strategy optimizations with the team. This person will have the ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting strategies and deliverables effectively and efficiently.
Reports to the Director of Business Intelligence.
Email & Direct Mail
- Oversee and optimize email campaign strategies to drive customer retention and sales, including lifecycle emails, personalized triggers, and daily campaigns.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on email campaign performance with clear direction to the team on what they can try to do differently to drive increased performance.
- Define and implement the testing agenda for email including segmentation, messaging, frequency, send day/time, personalization, etc.
- Oversee implementation of direct mail campaigns and provide insights on the ROI of Direct Mail strategies.
- Manage and optimize seller communications to increase consignor activation and retention.
Reporting & Lifecycle Management
- Maintain, publish, and optimize regular (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports that track channel and customer-level performance.
- Translate reporting insights into recommendations for the marketing team and cross-functional partners on how to drive sales and increase customer performance and LTV.
- Manage promotional codes calendar, including sharing promo codes with our affiliate partners, making sure the team is aware of the promotional strategy and that it is implemented across channels.
- Develop new segmentation and targeting strategies based on customer data and business needs. Develop customer-facing tests to maximize customer engagement and lifetime value.
- Support project scoping to grow available data and assist with data migration between systems, as well as checking for data quality/integrity.
- Monitor competitive landscape to identify industry trends and best practices.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3-5 years of email, retention, and/or performance marketing experience, preferably in the e-commerce industry.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of turning insights into actionable plans.
- Solid understanding of the retail, e-commerce, and email marketing industries and KPIs.
- Ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting deliverables efficiently.
- Strong project management skills managing deadlines, calendars, and data needs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to build relationships to achieve team goals.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Sailthru a plus.
Email Marketing & CRM Manager
To apply, visit the job posting on Planted:
Keeps is a modern, full-service healthcare company dedicated to expanding access to high quality, affordable healthcare.
We’ve started by helping men keep their hair and are changing how guys manage their health by providing a direct and discrete line to quality physicians and selling our own line of FDA-approved treatments at half the price of the competition.
We understand that guys just want an easy and affordable way to take control of their health — and we’re redefining what it means to have access to care. We are building a brand that reflects our values: clever, straight-forward, and relatable.
- Strategy and day-to-day execution of Keeps’s CRM program, including email marketing and SMS marketing.
- Own campaign development, setup, QA, and reporting across the customer lifecycle (including transactional, acquisition, post-purchase, reacquisition, and engagement campaigns).
- Oversee the interpretation of email data, developing actionable insights for new flows, content development, and product enhancements.
- Manage the messaging calendar, making sure to put the right content in front of the right recipients at the right time, while always raising the bar with the team on how to maximize messaging to better engage the customer at key times.
- Work with key stakeholders — including Growth, Creative, and Communications — to design and build relevant and engaging campaigns (prospects, leads, and customers).
- Keep a healthy and engaged email list by cohort and segment.
- Obsess over staying informed with the audience development and email verticals — from deliverability and send frequency, to SMS best practices and best-in-class creative approaches — in order to adopt and drive change.
- Own daily, weekly, and monthly performance reporting and analysis of the email program.
- Work with Product, Growth, Design, and Development on site enhancements, funnel optimization, and tagging.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in email marketing or CRM (e-commerce experience a plus).
- Experience working with an ESP (Customer.io a plus!), including content building, segmentation, predictive intelligence, testing, and automation.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in HTML/ CSS, email coding principles, Excel, and web analytics tools.
- Strong understanding of email principles (design, build, and deliverability) and email best practices (deliverability, A/B testing, dynamic content, campaign automation, etc.).
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- A flair for creativity and storytelling.
- Firm grasp of audience development best practices and optimization tactics (SEO, social platforms, etc.), and audience analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc.).
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to completion in coordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Eagerness to join an early-stage startup and build it from the ground up.
- Competitive salary and equity. Great healthcare.
- Regular team building activities.
- Budget for the technology tools you need.
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1000 vacation stipend.
- As an early hire on a close knit team, you will have the ability to help shape our company’s culture and future.