Here are some sample job advertisements for ecommerce roles…
FULLBEAUTY Brands™ is the most trusted, comprehensive resource for plus-size women and big & tall men seeking fashion inspiration, style advice, and clothing tailored to their individual needs. Proprietary brands under the FULLBEAUTY Brands umbrella include: Woman Within®, Roaman’s®, Jessica London®, Ellos®, swimsuitsforall®, KingSize®, Brylane Home® and fullbeauty.com®, an online marketplace offering a curated collection of the finest brands and thousands of products – the premier fashion and lifestyle destination for women sizes 12+.
This role will implement the e-merchandising initiatives for brands. The Assistant Manager, E-Commerce will interact mostly with merchandising functions to manage all category configurations in the content manager, coordinate web creative production and improve the customer experience to maximize conversion. An excellent understanding of web business concepts, practices and procedures is required. Entrepreneurship, leadership, attention to detail, analytical skills and creative thinking are necessary.
- Manage site categories and content
- Configure/add/remove/edit categories
- Rank product based on strategy (conversion, margin, sale)
- Proof/test all digital site assets
- Execute refreshes according to the event calendar
- Attend Merchandise Planning and comp review meetings to clearly understand the brand positioning and how to translate to optimized website performance
- Assist in general departmental operations as needed
- Merchandise the different categories of the site
- Assist with maintaining monthly web plans
- Work on the creative brief and product lists for email and editorial
- Drawing on strategic knowledge of stock and depth to make sure all lists are commercial
- Prepare links for email, homepage and additional digital site assets
- Conduct daily audits of the website to check depth/ high exposure product is being surfaced and attractively presented and that everything is correctly classified and merchandised
- Review product classifications prior to upload and spot check once live ensuring product placement is logical for the customer
Support growth opportunities with eCom partners in order to achieve fiscal sales and profitability targets.
- Support onboarding of new accounts and identify new customer potentials
- Identify content gaps on e-commerce partner sites including, product assortment, new items set-up, price, product descriptions, images, video, technical documents, discontinued product etc.
- Take primary ownership in proactively managing and advancing the company’s catalog on eCom partner sites, including rapid launch of new products
- Manage product listings to increase rankings and improve consumer experiences by identifying content and merchandising gaps
- Manage activities with new product launch for e-customers
- Gather input to forecast demand/inventory and monitor and respond to product availability
- Provide and analyze e-commerce reports
- Plan and develop strategies to continuously improve and optimize the online experience
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of proven e-commerce experience
- Results driven and motivated individual who takes initiative, with strong analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
Alpecin USA Inc. is the regional headquarter of the Dr. Wolff Group, an expanding, medium-sized, family-owned German company with an international reach and a well-known manufacturer of brand-name hair care, dental care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical products.
Distinguished by the development and creative marketing of real innovations for more than 100 years, the company concentrates on products which embody verifiable advantages for consumers. Success brands of Dr. Wolff are among others Alpecin, Plantur, Alcina, Linola, and Vagisan.
As an eCommerce specialist, you will create and general manage our brand shops (Shopify) and 3rd party marketplaces (e.g, Amazon, Walmart) organize the supply chain and grow sales in these channels.
We offer 4 weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays and health benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience managing eCommerce marketplaces – 2 years minimum (Amazon and Walmart Marketplace preferred).
- Strong understanding of Shopify eCommerce platform.
- Technical understanding of analytics.
- Strong self-direction and initiative; Self-motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
- Display initiative to remove obstacles.
- Support all eCommerce activities of the company.
- Manage all day-to-day eCommerce operations.
- Oversee all logistics relating to inventory management, fulfillment, shipping and handling of eCommerce sales.
- Improve listings and manage Amazon cases, and Seller Support Communication.
- Work with outside and inside resources in marketing, sales, and operations to achieve goals.
- Oversee general brand presence on relevant marketplaces.
- Track & maintain conversion growth results.
- Serve as a brand ambassador, both internally and externally.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Our office is located at Camp David, a creative co-working space in Industry City, Brooklyn. Industry City is a restored industrial complex, situated in Sunset Park. IC is steps from the D/N/R trains and the Brooklyn waterfront. Just 18 minutes from Canal Street in Manhattan.
- Also a great area for getting lunch, from Korean comfort food to Instagram-famous Avocado toasts.
- You are the client’s go-to eCommerce consultant. You will sit part-time each week with the client team and develop proposals around eCommerce search activation to help the brands deliver strong performance and growth.
- Be the bridge to drive collaboration and deliver on holistic search principles. Foster and facilitate the intra-agency relationships between eCommerce, Brand, Media, and Shopper Marketing, and be the crux of external partnerships with engine partners, search platforms, bid and campaign management tools
- You will champion the importance of data-driven strategy. Identify gaps in search performance, propose and test creative solutions, and measure performance to continuously add value to the space.
- Apply insights and recommendations from Global Search strategies to local brand outputs, always considering fit and purpose for local consumers and marketplaces.
- Help us think beyond just Amazon. Present innovations and developments in the eCommerce space to key client stakeholders and outline potential new ways of working to enhance the eCommerce search proposition across their business.
- You are a search marketer, first and foremost, with at least 5 years of experience. Bring an in-depth understanding of SEM/SEO with the ability to be executional in capacity.
- Proven account management experience in the eCommerce/retail vertical is essential, and campaign management experience across eCommerce platforms such as Amazon (AMS), Criteo is a must.
- Prior experience in an agency setting is not required, and we welcome candidates from the brand, publisher, and AdTech world.
- Client-facing experience with the ability to both present to an audience in an articulate and engaging manner and develop one-on-one relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment