Here are some sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Consultant, Insights + Analytics
- Using data efficiently to drive actionable insights
- Presenting information in a manner that is both easy for a lay-person to understand as well as statistically sound
- Work closely with media planning teams to measure the effectiveness of digital media campaign performance
- Manage extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps. Data sources will include: web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, etc.
- Ability to work independently to mine marketing database to uncover actionable insights and help tell the story of what is driving performance
- Assist senior analytics staff with various analytic projects including testing, advanced analysis, primary research, and digital attribution modeling
- Generate insightful visualizations and performance dashboards to depict data
- Retrieve raw research data compiled from 3rd party media tools (competitive spend, audience sizing) and synthesize it into usable forms for media team usage
- Serve as the main contact point for the majority of internal requests from the media and search teams
- Direct media planning teams in the analysis of digital and direct response campaigns to uncover patterns and establish practical insights
- Oversee development of analytical plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics.
- Pro-actively identifies new opportunities and offers solutions to move forward
- Serve as thought leader internally and with clients writing POV’s on industry trends, new technologies in the analytics area
- Establish strong relationships with advertising research community
- 3-5 years experience in an analytical role
- Online marketing and media experience/background
- Experience with other data manipulation and visualization tools including: SAS, SQL, Tableau, SPSS
- Digital Media experience/background preferred
- Experience with ad servers (Doubleclick) and web analytics platforms
- Knowledge of media planning tools including MRI, Netratings, Comscore, Stradegy, Nielsen Monitor+
- Knowledge and applied experience in integrated, multi-channel marketing/advertising campaign tactics – including off-line and online/digital channels. Demonstrated project, and client management expertise
- Ability to manage time effectively to set and meet client deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with experience working on a cross-functional team
- Competency in analytics techniques such as: time series data analysis, segmentation, univariate & multivariate statistical analysis, various metrics and key performance indicators, research & test design, and significance testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Supervisory and client-facing experience
What you’ll be doing…
The Digital Analytics Manager drives enterprise-wide evolution of marketing measurement and insight generation within the Corporate Marketing organization and includes primary responsibility for campaign reports as well as guidance to digital agencies, activation teams, Verizon Media Group and Business Unit marketing. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Media Technology and Analytics, you will ensure that Verizon is poised to significantly advance the industry in the application of innovation and intelligence for marketing communications.
You will drive consistent delivery of concise, actionable analysis of our marketing activity across all channels and consumer campaigns, often times requiring collaboration and influence with Verizon colleagues outside of your team. We’re looking for a leader who thrives on collaboration with other teams (media planning, social, search, business unit, CRM, research, creative, privacy, venture capital) and external platforms including key partners (i.e. FB, Adobe, Google, Epsilon, etc.).
You will be well established as an optimization expert across media formats (with particular emphasis on video. programmatic, SEM, SEO, Paid Social, and content marketing), and a master translator of outcomes into insights (analytical media reporting across campaigns and rolled up at the consumer BU level). This team also develops, maintains and monitors guidelines (view ability, fraud, currency measures, etc.) for all media touch points to ensure brand safety and compliance, cementing Verizon’s position as a prime advocate for digital media quality.
- Insight generation, model management, analytics and reporting.
- Performance reporting (weekly, bi-weekly, quarterly).
- Work with Marketing Effectiveness team to feed media reporting into marketing measurement models.
- Multi –Touch Attribution implementation. Understand all touch points that impact a sale online as well as influence offline sales.
- Introduce consistent / transparent media reporting and competitive reporting.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within the company.
- Create dashboards, reports, and present data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting utilizing reporting/analysis platforms to help teams understand and monitor the health and performance of their marketing campaigns or games.
- Partner with marketing team to define key metrics, identify trends and opportunities across channels, campaigns and consumer segments, and provide solutions for driving profitable user acquisition campaign.
- Analyze data on traffic sources and patterns in the impression to monetization funnel; provide actionable insights to demand teams on campaign analysis, customer segmentation and profiling; expand real-time analytics practice for high profile campaigns and new product/content launches.
- Document all marketing data standards and processes for accuracy and audit when necessary. Data fidelity is key.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and A/B-tests, and work with teams to ensure correct implementation to allow easy, precise analysis of the impact.
- Serve as governance for media investments to roll up rates and expenditures across business lines and partners to maximize value.
- Advance the sophistication of marketing attribution and channel strategy.
- Identify and disseminate best practices across groups on how to interpret data and evaluate tests.
- Center of excellence for advertising technology.
- Liaison between Activation teams and Verizon Media Group.
- Lead the creation and improvement of executive reporting and data visualization.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in measurement of Display, Paid Search, Video, Social, Audio, Mobile, or other digital channels.
Experience using at least two of DCM/Display & Video 360, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Crimson Hexagon, or Brandwatch
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years of experience in measurement of Display, Paid Search, Video, Social, Audio, Mobile, or other digital channels.
- Detail-oriented approach to holistic marketing measurement and project management.
- Results-driven perspective on marketing.
- Accomplishments in data visualization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations.
- Strong experience with dashboards and reporting, involving very large datasets and multiple data sources, with ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights.
- Exceptional ability to turn raw data into actionable conclusions.
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical models, such as power analysis, statistical significance, linear / logistic regression, clustering and factor analyses, machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Passion for digital communications, new technologies and constantly evolving our approach.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills
- Ability to manage large projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Display (desktop, mobile), Paid Search, Digital Video, Streaming audio, various buying methodologies (CPM, CPC, CPA), etc.
- Knowledge of online resources (DCM, comScore, @plan, Site Catalyst, Multi touch attribution).
- Knowledge in ad verification for display and video, Online Behavioral Advertising compliance (Ad Choices).
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
$120,000 – $135,000
Are you a natural born leader in Digital Analytics, with a track record in making business critical impacts on enterprise level brands? Are you passionate about telling stories through data and designing best in class media measurement and advanced analytics strategies?
This is an opportunity to join one of most data-driven, tech-focused agencies out there. You will spearhead a team that’s dedicated solely on digital analytics and attribution for the agencies biggest account – technology giant. You will lead Advanced Media Analytics with exposure across all channels (paid social, Display, SEM, SEO, programmatic), taking ownership of high level projects and working hands on with ad serving tools (DFA, DCM), attribution platforms (Visual IQ) and web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics).
Ever imagined yourself in a highly strategic position with a full suite of platforms from attribution tools to a DMP at your disposal? As Associate Director, Digital Analytics, you will be passionate about telling stories through data driven insight and working hands on with a variety of web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics). The focus will be delivering data-driven, media performance insights to clients, leveraging advanced analytics methadologies (SQL, R and Python)! You will be an exceptional client and team leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate.
In particular, you can expect to:
- Act as the go-to for clients, understanding their needs, deep-diving into the data to make strategic recommendations and provide insight on performance media strategies (paid search, paid social, programmatic)
- Organize data trends and look at ways to unlock new data sources
- Lead a team of Digital Analysts and Digital Analytics Managers
- Take ownership of the DMP, taking lead in building audience segments and customer profiles
- Perform A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Pioneering attribution strategies
Your Skills and Experience
- Working experience in a digital analytics leadership position
- Working experience in analyzing data from digital platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, DMPs, attribution tools, DCM)
- Working commercial experience with tools such as Google Analytics or Omniture
- Strong client management and strategy delivery skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Deep knowledge of cross-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to pitch findings and ideas to clients
- Working exposure to SQL R or Python
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate will secure a salary of $120,000 – $135,000 and benefits depending on experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of quantitative work experience in marketing analytics, quantitative finance, risk modeling or a similar role.
- Experience in SQL and one scripting or statistical programming language (e.g., R, SAS, Python).
- Experience in experimental design, causal inference and regression and classification models.
- Experience driving change and/or optimization in a business context from insights gathered through quantitative analyses.
- Ability to present results of complex analysis compellingly to both technical and non-technical audiences at an executive level.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with effective business judgment.
- Effective strategic and organizational skills.
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Marketing Analytics Manager on the Ads Marketing team, you’ll drive measurement, analysis and testing initiatives supporting global and high-value regional marketing programs. You will be innovative, analytical and an effective communicator whose insights enable marketers to develop valuable, highly effective programs. Your work will directly influence Google’s strategy for on-boarding and retaining its advertising customers.
In this role, you will design and perform statistical analyses that continuously improve our efficiency and campaign impact. You will be part of a larger analytics community, collaborating with and advising regional and global analysts on their projects. Additionally, you will work across Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams to embed improved models and measurements into production systems.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Drive analytics and strategy for global customer activations, high-touch programs and third-party marketing.
- Execute quantitative business analyses on campaign performance metrics to generate insights and drive growth.
- Analyze marketing campaigns and product usage to identify opportunities for regional and global Ads Marketing teams.
- Synthesize and present quantitative results to an executive audience of Sales, Marketing, Project Management and Engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain reporting and dashboards for marketers to self-serve data needs. Manage teams to execute on various analytics requests.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Mission to Our Employees:
A mission-driven organization, Teladoc Health, Inc. is successfully transforming how people access and experience healthcare around the world. Through market-leading innovation in virtual care, our award-winning clinical solutions are helping millions of people resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. Today we have more than 2,000 employees, working together to deliver care in 130 countries and in more than 30 languages, to more than 10,000 clients including world recognized leaders.
We are committed to providing our Employees with a dynamic and collaborative work environment; there is equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged. Above all, our mission-oriented employees will be treated with the same attention, respect, values and care that we provide to our clients and members.
What we are looking for:
Teladoc is growing rapidly and the Marketing Analytics Manager, Member Engagement will be responsible for marketing analytics including campaign effectiveness, channel analysis, funnel performance, dashboard creation and associated utilization results for the Marketing organization as the Company continues on this exciting journey. This role is an opportunity to provide insight and direction to senior leadership on our omni channel marketing, adoption and product utilization.
We are looking for someone with a strong analytical background who has a proven track record collaborating across teams. The analyst must have the ability to analyze and synthesize data, provide estimates based on historical trends and new initiatives, manage budgets, and provide updates to senior leadership.
What you will do:
- Measure campaign success
- Draw insights from reporting
- Develop and maintain dashboards
- Monitor business goals against marketing efforts and suggest shifts in direction when necessary
- Project manage channel owners for analytics
- Liaison with Finance for Marketing organization
- Bachelor Degree required
- 5+ Years related experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Use data to drive insights
- Curious about marketing initiatives and data
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively balance operational and strategic needs
- Excels at managing time and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to move multiple projects forward in parallel for multiple stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Can confidently adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Has the ability to work autonomously
- Campaign and analytics tools experience a plus
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage.
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution; immediately vested.
- Awesome people to work with.
- Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters.