Here are sample job advertisements for data analysts. Most data analyst roles are very quantitative, though some involve more qualitative analysis. Below are ads for both types…
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years’ experience in data and/or statistical analysis required
- A minimum of 3 years of relational database experience in, but not limited to, SQL Server 2000, MS Access and Oracle
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of technology solutions (applications, data warehousing, business intelligence, etc.)
- Ability to navigate in Windows and Unix environments.
- Proficiency in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookup and statistical functions
- Ability to create and maintain quality documentation for technical and non-technical staff
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with analysis and reporting of consumer transaction , marketing experience a plus
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining Tools Experience a plus
Candidate will be required to access large datasets, analyze the content and quality of the data and be able to provide detailed, summary and statistical information on said data to the business. This job requires interfacing with the marketing and project management end of the business with accuracy, timeliness and insightful analysis.
The Data Analyst will work in a team oriented environment supporting Marketing and Sales initiatives. This position will work closely with other departments in data validation, data analysis and list management. This person will be required to understand the business, it’s key indicators and data models. This position will be responsible to discuss business requirements and execute requirements during the list management process to support business activities.
- Analyzes complex business issues and designs data solutions
- Working with Project Management, QA and Marketing during the list management process
- The ability to perform list matches against database data sets, perform data analysis and reporting against the same.
- Support Marketing in the creation of marketing list from seed data lists.
- Use relational database skills, understand data design and data structures and develop the query logic necessary to translate business requirements into reports
- Gathers and documents user requirements
- Transition documented business requirements into an action
- Designs complex data models
- Strong organization, time manage skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a dynamic environment
- Data investigation involving understanding and identifying data anomalies and working with the appropriate departments to resolve issues
- Provide data analysis and facilitate comprehension of data to the Business Intelligence user community
- Identify areas for process improvement
Compass is expanding in technology and geographic reach and looking for a Data Analyst. The ideal person will have the opportunity to impact one of the biggest decisions that every single consumer across the world must make — where to live. In particular, our Data Analyst will oversee all of the real estate and other related information underlying every one of our consumer-facing products and the proprietary tools that are part of our Agent Suite.
At Compass You Will:
- Guide Compass to become the leading source of real estate information by expanding our geographical coverage, introducing new types of data and new data sources, and ensuring the quality of our data throughout our products
- Drive our data platform forward with a metrics-driven, continuous improvement approach. You will be responsible for the ongoing upkeep of your features, including QA testing and the monitoring of key metrics associated with various feature performance. You will be able to discern the effectiveness of a particular feature and how a feature can be optimized or augmented to add maximum value for our agents and consumers
- Collaborate with engineering team to architect, build and maintain data infrastructure to ingest, extract, normalize and combine a growing number of data sets (our “data pipeline”) to create a comprehensive and actionable model of every real estate property available to be bought or sold
- Define and maintain robust APIs to enable the larger R&D organization to build delightful products and experiences for our users that leverage our data platform to extract market trends and data insights
- Own and manage the product development process for Compass Data Products from conception to launch
- Help define our high-level product direction with regard to real estate data by working directly with our Agents, consumer, and internal stakeholders and crafting solutions to specific challenges they face in each of our 10 geographical markets
- Identify and negotiate with 3rd-party vendors to acquire and ingest new data sources to strengthen our property profiles
What We Look For:
- 2+ years experience in software product/project management roles building and launching successful data-driven products
- 2+ years experience of database design, implementation and maintenance is preferred
- Experience with architecting large-scale data schemas, building data pipelines, ETL tools, data conversion, and setting up processes to continuously measure the quality of the data sets used throughout our products
- Experience manipulating large raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.; experience with MySQL and/or MongoDB
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
- Optimize performance measurement and the integration of standardized weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting
- Aggregate and analyze consumer feedback (data) and provide ongoing analysis insightful intelligence about consumer behavior, purchasing habits, and competitive conversion
Support Data Analytics Director to develop analytic solutions in support of consumer marketing in the areas of predictive modeling, consumer segmentation and ROI
- Help design core dashboards for SSO
- Manage and maintain data and database
- Generate incremental reports for key stakeholders, proactively and upon request
- Mine multiple systems to identify insights and performance metrics that are significantly impacting performance
- Leverage data, insights, and analysis tools to inform actionable strategic business decisions
- Academic background in data, finance, and/or marketing analysis
- 3+ years experience working with data and/or business analysis
- Experience with database management, data cleansing, manipulation, and visualization
- Experience with Tableau and Salesforce preferred
- Driven by innovation, curiosity, and an appreciation of technology
- CPG, Tobacco, or retail experience preferred
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Should you want to validate that this is a valid posted position by MKTG, please refer to our website http://mktg.com/about/careers/.