Here are a few sample job advertisements for this type of role:
Customer Success Manager
To our future Customer Success Manager:
At Density, we build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. The product and infrastructure is nuanced and one-of-a-kind. Building this product for scale has been an exercise in patience, creativity, remarkable engineering, laser physics, global logistics, and grit. The team is thoughtful, driven, and world-class.
Importance of Customer Experience:
Our product is being deployed globally by some of the largest companies in the world. For example, we work with a technology company that uses Density to eliminate unauthorized access and tailgating; a hotel that measures their lounges in real-time so they can dynamically staff the area when usage spikes, a leading telecom proactively looking to better design tens of millions of square feet of their office space. We work with banks, government contractors, universities, energy companies, etc.
What these customers have in common is space. Collectively they own, operate, and occupy billions of square feet of corporate real estate. As our customers have found success with Density, unit deployments are growing, users are growing, and support needs are growing. We’re finding that there are ways we can design a customer’s experience such that it enables and accelerates their growth.
About the role:
As a Customer Success Manager at Density, you’ll work with some of the largest brands in the world by partnering with them as they improve business operations, reduce costs, and drive growth with our intelligent sensors and analytics software. Our Customer Success Managers partner with our customers as subject matter experts and thought leaders to help customers maximize the value from Density data and make people counting an important part of how our customers do business.
Ideal candidates are data-driven and resourceful relationship builders who are able to help our customers manage change.
- Deeply understand our customers, their use cases, and how Density drives business value
- Ensure successful onboarding and adoption for the Density solution for your customer portfolio
- Build relationships with our day-to-day contacts, champions, and executives in your portfolio
- Partner with Account Executives on account plans, whitespace mapping, and renewal management and forecasting
- Serve as the internal customer advocate and voice of the customer. Translate customer impact and sense of urgency into actionable tasks for Density internal teams to accomplish
- Work in cross-functional teams to troubleshoot hardware, software, or data-related issues
- Escalate issues that are blocking successful adoption and value realization, rally the organization to support and resolve as soon as possible
- Develop process, tools, and programs to help us deliver increasing value to our customers and get more efficient as a business
- Inform our internal and external product roadmaps to decrease the time and effort required for customers to achieve value from the solution
Apply if you have some of the following background:
- Prior experience with management consulting, customer success, or strategic technology sales
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment owning multiple workstreams
- Ability to research, troubleshoot and solve complex software issues
- Comfortable with data analysis
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Empathetic attitude with engineers and customers and overall strong team player
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Experience helping organizations navigate change management
- Experience building process, systems, tools to help teams scale
Job Type: Full-time
———-What do Airbnb, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of over 2,000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups – we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.It’s what makes us the world’s leading employee feedback platform.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
You are deeply curious and passionate about people and culture. At heart, you’re what we call a people geek. Culture Amp is looking for an exceptional Customer Success Strategist to join us in our mission to make as many culture-first companies possible through accessible people analytics.
As one of the members of this business-critical team, you will:
- Create healthier Enterprise customers at all stages of the customer journey to drive business growth
- Define and optimize the Enterprise customer lifecycle through ownership of the delivery of our packaged offerings
- Confidently communicate with all levels of customer stakeholders (i.e. C-level, Directors, HR Managers) to build trust in Culture Amp
- Be a team player across all our teams, especially those outside of the Customer Group, to create a culture of Customer Success at Culture Amp
- Advise the Executive team on performance and global initiatives related to Customer Success
What You Bring to Our Camp
- Program Management experience, with experience in providing an educational experience for your customers through delivery of key touchpoints in the Customer Journey
- Strong strategic execution experience, with proven ability to effectively prioritize projects based on business, team and customer goals
- Executive credibility, that will allow you to map customer accounts and build relationships with key stakeholders and personas
- Deep experience implementing or advising on a large scale software rollout/integration within HR, such as an HRIS (Workday, Oracle), LMS (Cornerstone OnDemand) or Engagement Platform (Culture Amp)
- Be a community champion by identifying opportunities for customers to learn from one another across multiple offerings and events
- Master’s degree is ideal, but not required (kudos for Industrial-Organizational Psychology or HR/Business Analytics)
After 3 months, you will…
- Take ownership of key Enterprise customers in North America West, working collaboratively in our local team to ensure a smooth launch for many customers
- Ramp and deliver key customer journey points (Exec Briefing, Feedback Strategy Review, Trainings etc)
- Have learned the core elements of the product
- Built internal relationships crucial to the successful delivery of key accounts, across customer and product teams
Day in the Life (Realistic Job Preview)
Here at Culture Amp, we all pitch in to make things work even when some tasks don’t fall squarely within the “job description”. Don’t be surprised if you see our CEO unloading the dishwasher or our People Scientists moving furniture around to help set up a Geekup event. We’re all about doing whatever it takes to amplify others and help us all be more successful. Though every role has its rewards and compelling aspects, we all have to commit to following through on the less interesting and sometimes tedious parts of the job. In this role, a few examples of some of the less exciting activities include:
- Tracking, collating and answering customer support requests when required, to pull together the full picture of the customer’s experience
- Taking early / late calls occasionally to build relationships with Campers in our other office locations (NYC, Melbourne and LON)
- Personally working with large data files, often in excel and under short timelines, to ensure a customer’s success during their Culture Amp survey launch
- Maintaining SFDC hygiene by keeping call notes and account information up to date (daily)
- Resetting expectations with customers, by having the tough conversation, when appropriate
Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
- Learn about our Employee Feedback Platform ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rW5-vkNRKM )
- The Rise of the People Geek ( https://blog.cultureamp.com/the-rise-of-the-people-geek )
- Our unique DIY approach to L&D ( http://blog.cultureamp.com/blog/diy-approach-to-ld-at-culture-amp )
- What does Culture First mean? ( https://blog.cultureamp.com/what-is-a-culture-first-company-and-why-does-it-matter )
We are looking for a motivated, personable and creative individual to join our growing Customer Success team in New York in the position of Customer Success Manager.
You’ll manage a portfolio of hotel partners from the moment they sign up to the Triptease Platform. Using your digital knowledge, you’ll coach your partners to find new ways to optimize their online guest experience, drive the most value from the platform and increase direct bookings.
The Triptease platform is helping more than 17,000 hotels around the world speak directly with their guests, manage their parity and offer the best price direct. Join us on our mission to save the hotel industry from becoming a price, on a pin, on a map.
- Own a Book of Business comprising of approximately 20 high-value accounts. You will be accountable for the performance of your Book and expected to meet retention targets and identify opportunities for growth
- Reach out thoughtfully to communicate best practices, drive adoption, communicate new feature releases and maintain an up-to-date partner health grade
- Coach your hotel Partners on how to use the platform to optimize online guest experience, increase direct bookings and revenue
- Collect customer feedback and communicate back new product requirements
- Partner with our customer sales team to identify upsell opportunities and help renew and expand customer contracts
- Collaborate closely with the wider team including Product, Engineering and Finance to resolve issues and provide support
- Present at events and industry conferences to gain insights, build relationships, and raise personal and company profile
- Scrupulously maintain accurate reporting of customer status in internal systems
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in a client-facing role (support, customer success, account management, etc.)
- Experience working with software and data analysis skills (including quantitative analysis) and proven critical thinking capability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You communicate with customers in a professional, thoughtful way
- Ability to speak with and present to customer C-Level
- Obsessive about learning!
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
Nice to have
- Experience with Hospitality industry or Web technologies such as: AB Testing, UX, Analytics
What we offer
We’re a well looked after bunch, with excellent benefits.
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Regular salary reviews – we reward great work
- A self-development allowance to spend on what you want
- Fun events for Tripteasers – the entire company went to Madrid for our Xmas party
- Free lunch Fridays as part of our Learning Lunches
Something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
We’re a diverse group of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Triptease! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Position Type: Regular, Full-time
Position Level: Experienced
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly’s comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Customer Success Operations Analyst at Xactly Corporation, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining customer reports and analysis, administering Gainsight, and managing Customer Satisfaction Programs to support strategic and operational decision-making. Manage a series of customer metrics on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and ad hoc reporting requests on customer landscape and trends. You will build and maintain a common customer data set in Excel or similar tool, build Gainsight reports and custom reports and dashboards using SFDC report writer and build custom views and dashboards of metrics and accounts for Customer Success Reps (CSRs). Also, you’ll manage Customer Satisfaction Programs within Gainsight, such as Customer Index Score, Net Promoter Score (NPS), and Transactional Surveys
Xactly’s Customer Success team is a tight-knit team driven to see the success of our customers. We have a very tenured, organically grown Customer Success leadership team that is always willing to provide support and guidance. We’re a tight-knit and dynamic team of customer-centric product experts.
We build relationships that are all about our customers’ success. We do that by understanding the unique differences between the business, goals, and by tailoring our strategy of engagement. We act as the main point of contact to keep lines of communication open to make sure our internal teams are in the know of our customer’s objectives so we can serve as consultative experts.
THE SKILL SET:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years working experience in an analytical role within one or more of the following disciplines: Customer Success, Sales, Strategy or Finance
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel (including the ability to create reports, formulas, v-look ups, charts and graphs), and PowerPoint
- Experience doing data analysis, modeling, and/or financial analysis to support or drive business decisions
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Gainsight and/or other Customer Success applications a plus; experience with Domo would be helpful
- Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams and executive management
- Good judgment and discretion needed (due to access to global customer data)
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
- Able to prioritize requests based on importance and timing for key decision making or events, such as Sales Kickoff Meetings, Quarterly Operations reviews, Board Meetings, and more.
- Experience with growth technology environments is preferred
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
- Periodic Massages
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance through Preferred Partner
THE XACTLY STORY
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We achieve this by following our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we’re committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.