Here are job advertisement for this type of role…
Customer Experience Manager
As Skillshare’s Customer Experience Manager, you will be responsible for the success and scale of our Customer Experience program. You’ll manage and grow a team of remote support agents, build systems and processes for effectively resolving customer issues, work cross-functionally with the Product team to share insights and strategize improvements to our product, and act as the voice of the user to ensure an exemplary experience for our amazing community of students and teachers.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about providing exceptional customer support, has prior experience in a customer-facing role, and is interested in the opportunity to scale a team. This will be a challenging role with a ton of growth potential – the right candidate will build out the team, technology, and processes that can scale with the rapid growth of business.
What you’ll do day to day:
- Manage, recruit, and retain a team of distributed support agents
- Optimize an onboarding program and management model for staff, including training, QA, performance management and professional development
- Build systems and processes to reduce ticket resolution time, improve quality of interactions, and ensure the team meets its KPIs
- Act as the voice of the user by sharing feedback and insights with the Product team
- Develop and lead cross-functional initiatives to drive an engaging user experience
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role: You know how to provide fantastic customer support and are well-versed in the tools, tricks, and technology of a Customer Service team.
- Passion for customer experience: We are looking for someone who believes that customer support plays a major role in user retention and brand credibility. You believe in going above and beyond for the customer and are passionate about delivering an exemplary experience.
- Analytical & operational skills: You love building systems and processes to making teams run smoother and are comfortable digging into data to drive your decisions.
- Management potential (if not proven experience): You’ll inherit a team of 8 support agents and a team supervisor to start, looking to you for coaching and support. Strong management skills/potential will ensure you’re set up for success in running a distributed team.
Skillshare’s mission is to create an open meritocracy in the new economy by providing universal access to professional development and opportunities. With more than 20,000 classes taught by 6,000+ practicing professionals, we have helped more than 4 million students build the skills they need to succeed. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia and Omidyar Network.