Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Global Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist (Program Manager)
The ideal candidate will be help build and support the company’s evolving corporate social responsibility (CSR)/community relations programs. Candidate must have experience in recruitment, partnership development and management, marketing communication, charitable initiatives, volunteer management & engagement, and community organizing within a high-growth organization. The candidate must have significant relationship cultivation experience, with a focus on details, follow through and results, and be motivated and energized by ambitious goals. This critical new role under the PeopleFirst Office will, in collaboration with direct leadership, design an overarching strategy for corporate citizenship, lead the development of new and existing programs, mobilize the organization on issues that impact the company and the community, and serve as a champion inside the company and to external audiences.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain client relationship with Silicon Valley Community Foundation for all foundation management needs and philanthropic giving.
- Construct partnerships and collaborations with key local, national, global community organizations. Act as main point of contact for assigned corporate partners and their partnership activation elements.
- Fulfill sponsorship corporate partnership agreements by working closely with other departments to ensure a high level of execution, customer service and fulfillment of all corporate partner deliverables. This includes grant process, scholarships, event management and PO process.
- Manage logistics for community service events in collaboration with leaders across the globe build hands-on volunteering opportunities that engage employees in meaningful community contributions and support the business goals.
- Identify and create content for the CSR internal and external website by keep up on activities throughout company. Provide draft email announcements and communications to HR Communications team about CSR events and maintain CSR calendars.
- Align strategy based on the shared values of business and community benefit. Articulate the strategy effectively to internal and external parties.
- Develop appropriate goals and metrics and process for measuring the company’s performance with respect to corporate citizenship. Develop and maintain an operating budget. Assess, prioritize, monitor and address potential business risks with respect to corporate responsibility.
- Work cross-functionally with legal, public policy and government affairs departments to navigate local, state and federal regulatory and community landscape, identifying, negotiating and resolving potential issues to ensure programs and partnerships are compliant.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7+ years of corporate sponsorship and/or account management, change management, strategy, sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility experience. Special consideration for tech industry
- Strong track record of project management and rapid execution of key initiatives must Support community relations program/project management and other administrative functions
- Sophisticated understanding of the global corporate citizenship landscape, key global issues and best practices, along with knowledge of the roles of private, non-profit and public sectors.
- Data-informed mindset with the ability to develop creative strategies to achieve objectives
- Well-organized with proven leadership abilities. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to make informed judgments leading to effective partnerships and sustained relationships with a wide range of individuals and organizations including government, not-for-profit organizations, and think tanks
- Excel working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including government, regulators, general public and youth in an ever-evolving, rapid growth environment
- Excellent written communications skills; excellent oral skills, including public speaking, meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Proficient in MS Office and Knowledge of all the Microsoft Office applications, and various CSR tools (i.e. Benevity)
- Knowledge of the proposal development process and/or experience in assembling PowerPoint presentations, and writing complex reports, such as stewardship reports and operational plans involving prospect and project research using analytical skills in editing to end-result.
Personal qualifications / attributes:
- Ability to think innovatively and act independently, using sound judgment, in an environment that is often ambiguous and dynamic; the ability to pivot quickly with change is critical for this role
- Strong customer service commitment for internal and external stakeholders. Strong leadership, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- A creative, strategic thinker and self-starter who is proactive and entrepreneurial and who can constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking, introduce new ideas, and communicate effectively with senior leaders.
- Obsessed with advocating for employees and the community.
The purpose/function of this role is to provide leadership and support for Hasbro’s CSR programs, communication activities, public reporting initiatives, stakeholder engagement, and assist with integrating CSR messaging into Hasbro’s corporate and brand marketing efforts.
This role will serve to support the Sr. Director of CSR and coordinate CSR program and communication efforts with all business functions including Global Communications, Investor Relations, Global Brand Execution, Human Resources, Philanthropy, and Employee Engagement, as well as Hasbro product brands.
- Contribute to the development, management and implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategies and programs.
- Create and lead CSR communication plans and campaigns, including employee engagement, in support of the company’s CSR and sustainability efforts.
- Drive CSR messaging/content creation and integration across corporate communication channels in partnership with functional departments.
- Lead efforts to write, design, develop and promote the company’s CSR report.
- Conduct research and benchmarks against other CSR leading companies to ensure Hasbro’s CSR practices are best-in-class.
- Support information and data review/response to stakeholder inquiries and investor related CSR analysis.
- Provide technical and coordination support for CSR programs and issues.
- Superb storytelling/writing, editing and oral presentation skills.
- Proven CSR communication and public reporting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand/analyze external drivers and implement internal strategies to achieve corporate objectives.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality, speed and flexibility for change.
- Strong project management skills with technical problem-solving skills to coordinate CSR initiatives across the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, including solid ability to support/interact with senior executives.
- Passion for CSR and sustainability.
- Writing samples and portfolio to be provided upon request.
Areas were problem solving may be required could include:
- Influencing others without direct authority in order to advance Hasbro’s CSR efforts.
- Driving change in an environment where change may not be welcome.
- Collecting complete and accurate information/data under deadline.
- Understanding complex subject areas/data and translating it into succinct and compelling communication/messaging.
- Navigating the matrix organization and identifying/developing processes necessary to achieve results.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through Hasbro Studios and its film labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
The Associate will provide support for ELC’s Breast Cancer Campaign with strong focus on Brand, Regional and Functional efforts in both communications and marketing. The Associate will support implementing and executing ELC’s Breast Cancer Campaign across all global affiliates and with key stakeholders. In addition, the Associate will support all areas of BCC contact across brands and functions with the goal of amplifying and aligning our Campaign efforts, while providing guidance. This will allow for stronger integration of our BCC efforts with these key functions, all aligned to ELC’s GCCS goals.
This role will also support the development of communication materials and execution of US events/activations, media and communications related to The Breast Cancer Campaign, including liaising with internal and external partners and agencies.
30%: Support all relationships with the international markets serving as a key point of contact for all day-to-day international Breast Cancer Campaign (BCC) communications to ensure global reach. Organize all global guidelines, creative assets and toolkits to support multi-channel content integration, while managing requests and questions to provide full support for all international BCC initiatives. Support the development and deployment of all international translations and copy approvals. Create and organize all press reports, collecting metrics, media results, KPIs, results and achievements for internal and external use as appropriate. Provide global support for planning and execution of all elements of long and short-lead events for the BCC on a global level, including key US key events/activations. Draft guidelines, strategy and story ideas for international markets with accompanying BCC tips for pitching to their local media. Develop and disseminate global PR tools, such as photographs, videos, etc. 30%: Support the development of the Global Pink Ribbon Offering including Pink Ribbon Offering Market bulletins, forecast analysis, purchasing final quantities with Procurement and tracking timely delivery to all countries. Support RDDC on all elements of marketing collateral (this includes Marketing Bulletin, quantities, review of all orders, analysis). Support marketing offering for collateral including displays, counter cards, consumer brochures to NA brands; with analysis of quantities and follow-ups. Work closely with Procurement. Organize and disseminate all marketing collateral assets to the brands, regions and functions. Support the Assistant Manager and Executive Director on Global Marketing programs. 30%: Support the Executive Directors on all relationships with brands and functions to strengthen integration of BCC messaging, ensure consistency and identify new opportunities for growth including but not limited to: communications, employee-engagement, fundraising, marketing, sales, education, creative, copy and sale-a-brations. Develop toolkits for turnkey messaging activation and amplification, while providing thought leadership to expand BCC with these key stakeholders. 10%: Support writing, strategy and development of communication materials and all aspects of US event and media amplification. Serve as key liaison with agency communication partners, supporting the Executive Director.
Requirements & Qualfications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are imperative to the job in order to draft press materials, letters, correspondence and guide all stakeholders in programming and execution.
- Organizational, phone and computer skills required as well as well as capabilities in social and digital media.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining grace under pressure.
- Team player with self-sufficient mindset and an ability to display mature, self-composure for effective interaction with Executive Management and ELT (discretion with key information).
- Minimum Years of Experience: 2-3
- % Travel Time: 10%
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Job: Strategy / Business Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 1914969
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com