Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Reports to: Senior Vice President Client Service
Job Description and Primary Role:
Creative concept development, storytelling and writing of ideas.
THERE ARE THREE KEY ATTRIBUTES TO THIS ROLE:
- IDEATE – Work collaboratively with the wider team to come up with new ideas that win clients, excite audiences and gain attention from the industry.
- VISUALIZE – Ability to work with the in house design team to bring ideas to life for presentation. Act as the gatekeeper for all creative presentations and content going out the door to ensure best in class work is being produced.
- INSPIRE – In front of clients, sell ideas in a way that gets them excited, within the team day to day find ways to keep creativity flowing by sharing creative inspiration
You must have an eye for design, be excited by new media and tech and interested in incorporating that passion into your work. A passion for content and an understanding of how ideas are produced is critical.
- Concept meaningful brand experiences, partnerships and content ideas and be able to communicate them in an exciting, cohesive way in presentations (both written and verbal)
- Understand environments, both physical and digital
- Understand how to capitalize on brand partnerships and develop ideas to activate them
- Multi-faceted creative who can think across all media and understands how to optimize media content
- Write copy for client creative presentations, manifestos, short and long format content
- Collaborate with creative team to concept, develop and execute creative activations across digital, social, experiential and video from concept through to final production
- Ability to write as a storyteller—building a concise and compelling narrative around creative strategies and ideas
- Ability to leverage consumer trends to be used as a catalyst for creative ideation
- Remains current on all agency client brand standards and campaigns
- Develop creative concepts and presentation materials for business development projects
- Play a primary role in both internal and client presentations
- Lead and participate in team brainstorms and other ideation sessions
- Work on several projects at once, sometimes under pressure, and often under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to translate creative strategies into meaningful, memorable and measurable ideas
- Experience with, or exposure to a media and / or creative agency and associated work
- Understand the role of a creative brief, how work should flow from it, and how to develop ideas against it
- Compelling storyteller with excellent presentation skills
- Strong command of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented self-starter with solid organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage and efficiently complete multiple projects
- Open to change and highly adaptable to shifting needs and deadlines
- Strong Macintosh, Keynote and Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or related work experience
- 5-7 years of agency experience required
Havas Sports & Entertainment USA is a connected group of passionate creators immersed in sports, music and entertainment. As the passion point experts of Havas, HSE helps brands connect with fans and consumers to create meaningful brand moments.
Leveraging people’s passions, HSE creates thoughtful, insight led strategies that fuel authentic partnerships and imaginative brand experiences. HSE builds bridges between rights holders, media partners and fans – creating investments that grow brands and put them at the center of the moment.
With teams in New York City, Atlanta, Boston and Chicago, HSE offers capabilities in strategy, partnerships and experiences, bringing their clients the very best in practice. HSE is proud to work with some incredible brands, including The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, NFL, Puma, TracFone Wireless.
If you are hungry to run fast, learn more, never be complacent. If the intersection of creativity and technology is what makes your blood run fast. If you believe data, tech and product innovation is fundamental in the creative process. If you aren’t afraid to take what we have and make it 10x better. If you love brilliant debates on how to build and craft better stories. If constant change doesn’t bother you, it excites you. If you aren’t afraid to put your hand up for the seemingly impossible assignments. If you love thinking and building prototypes and frameworks to lead the industry to better work for our platforms. If you can use technology as an enabler to tell stories in different ways. If you love brands and want to help them tell stories that speak their truth in the world. If you want to be part of a team that is leading the way in telling stories for the future. If you want to humbly lead the industry to create the best work of your (and their) life. If you’re entrepreneurial: We’re still only 1% done at Facebook – this team is inventing new things everyday. It takes vision, tenacity, bravery and ability to execute to thrive here.
Continually inspire our internal teams, clients and the creative industry by creating or co-creating game-changing ideas that shape the future of advertising
Lead brand and business strategy discussions to uncover huge business needs and identify unexpected and insightful creative solutions
Uncover brand and consumer insights from a sea of data to inform creative direction and ultimately help businesses connect with people in meaningful ways
Develop holistic Facebook solutions (including Facebook, Instagram, Messenger platforms) that drive the key business goals of our top clients
Partner with other Creative Strategists on the team, Sales partners, Product, Engineering and external agencies to make your and their ideas shine on the Facebook platform
Be a thought leader on how mobile technology is fundamentally changing consumer behavior and brand marketing
6+ years of experience in brand marketing/advertising.
Knowledge of brand marketing and media communication, and insight development.
Experience developing insight-driven work, applied in mobile, digital and offline media.
Proven experience translating data into insights that inform creative decisions.
Storytelling: Experience bringing an idea to life on a white board or presentation and experience influencing C-level clients by balancing data with storytelling.
A strong passion for understanding people and deep desire to uncover new consumer behavior across various industries and platforms
Able to think big and apply that to the wide range of opportunities – from individual creative executions to campaign ideas to full on, long-standing platform ideas
Experience with Keynote, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
Experience working within the CPG vertical
Portfolio link with work examples
Situation helps brands build passionate communities through digital-first marketing strategies. Since our founding in 2001, we’ve worked with some of the world’s leading brands including Stoli Vodka, The Metropolitan Opera, HBO, Major League Soccer, Wicked, National Geographic, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, Meals on Wheels and The Ad Council. Our competitive edge continues to be our ability to develop and leverage proprietary insights gathered from joining the front lines of the world’s most passionate brand communities. Our work spans creative, media, communications, and technology solutions for a wide range of industries. Situation has also been honored with numerous workplace awards from Crain’s, Best Companies Group, Cynopsis, Digiday, and Fortune.
The Creative Strategist plays a key role in driving the overall strategy for our clients, leading the creation of effective and imaginative ideas, ensuring we’re effectively telling our clients’ stories across the digital landscape. The right candidate is a natural leader and a digitally focused idea machine that knows how to take an insight, turn it into an idea, build out an execution, and measure its performance.
- Love live experiences, entertainment, and the arts
- Live to make your ideas come to life
- Understand that data and creative aren’t mutually exclusive
- Have respect for the rules but the savvy to break them
- Know how to take a punch (a “no” only makes you more determined)
- Can have fun while getting stuff done
- Thrive as the ultimate team player and treat everyone with respect
- Crave a fast-moving agency environment
If you are missing some of these, but are awesome, we encourage you to apply.
- 3-5 years agency experience (in a creative or strategy role) or client side marketing role
- A background in live events, entertainment, or the arts – either at an agency or on client side
- Track record of turning out innovative work, ideally in a professional portfolio
- Extensive knowledge of social platforms and content strategy across the digital landscape
- An organized, team-first player
- A positive attitude and collaborative mindset
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- A healthy interest in the power of data – experience with insights tools is a plus but not required
While we offer a competitive salary and benefits for the position, we also offer a range of perks for mind, body and spirit that have continued to put us among the best places to work.Three We Think You’ll Enjoy The Most:
- Access to the best entertainment NYC has to offer: free museum admission, the best seats on Broadway and other see-it-to-believe-it experiences
- Summer Fridays (half day) from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Free Dunkin’ Donuts card and snacks in the kitchen
Role: Creative Strategist
Reports to: Director of Creative Strategy
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5+million members around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward, fast-paced startup. Our core product is our campaigns. We define a campaign as a clear problem, solution, and call-to-action around a specific cause. Our campaigns don’t require money, an old person, or a car, and have a material and measurable impact. Each campaign is based on verified evidence and is designed to scale.
The creative strategist is a creative, innovative thinker who helps DoSomething solve the societal issues most pressing to young people. You’ll bring a fresh perspective to how we can create campaigns that resonate with young people, while also hitting our organizational objectives and corporate sponsors’ goals.
What You’ll Do.
- Brainstorm campaign ideas. You will come up with unique, exciting campaigns that fit within DoSomething’s model. You’ll participate in cross-functional brainstorms with DoSomething staff and you’ll work with external creatives and to ensure that we have solid, outside perspectives represented in our brainstorms.
- Liaise to the Biz Dev team. You will assist in the development of the campaign proposal, a brief outlining the type of campaign a potential corporate sponsor is interested in, for DoSomething’s Business Development.
- Research. You’ll research issues that our campaigns aim to fix. You’ll also gather youth insights to determine if a call to action is accessible, compelling, and shareable among a 13-25 year old audience.
- User Insights Extraordinaire. You’ll conduct user testing and audience analysis to gain insights into our core demo (young people!), and advise the team on how to best frame our campaigns to resonate widely with them.
- Storyboard the Campaign Experience. You’ll work closely with the Creative and Product teams to develop and codify a storyboarding strategy for our campaigns that help inform the user experience and the marketing/PR strategy.
- Brand Champion. In addition to working closely with the Biz Dev team, you will also work alongside our Director of Marketing to ensure that our campaigns meet our brand promise of being relevant, inspiring and never just meh.
Enough about us! Let’s talk about you. You are:
- A solution-oriented, creative brainstormer.
- Living and breathing relevant and popular youth culture.
- Experienced working on multiple activities and/or projects.
- An excellent communicator: solid grammar, ability to speak and write clearly.
- A natural insights seeker. Ideally, you have a pulse on (and love) youth pop culture who knows where/how to identify youth trends.
- An intersectional activist. You understand how your pet cause relates to other issue areas. You want different lived experiences and perspectives represented in the movements you belong to.
- Eager to contribute to our creative ideation process and take on complex project management. Recent grads encouraged to apply!
Select Perks & Benefits.
- 3 weeks’ vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day – office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information on candidates, and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
- DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations in the world focused on young people and social change. DoSomething Strategic is the consulting arm of DoSomething.org. Our 6 million+ members take action, online and offline, to better their communities by participating in one of our 250+ cause campaigns.
How and why we collect data from you.
- We collect and retain data that is included in your job application. This includes your full name, contact information, and any personal information disclosed in your resume, cover letter, and other supplemental application materials.
- Data is collected for evaluation criteria when seeking employment at DoSomething.
- We will only use your data for what was originally intended – for purposes of seeking and gaining employment at DoSomething. Your data will not be “recycled” for marketing emails or to sell to third parties.
How long do we retain this data?
- DoSomething will retain candidate profiles for 3 years.
- Annually on August 1, candidate profiles from 3+ years prior will be entirely deleted from our system.
Is your data secure?
- JazzHR maintains secure job board pages. Job boards will default to HTTPS. Additionally, if we were to terminate our contract with JazzHR our candidate data is deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with JazzHR’s Terms of Service.
Influential, an A.I. influencer technology and developer partner of IBM Watson, is looking for an experienced Creative Strategist to guide company-wide RFP responses, influencer partnerships, and production of creative campaigns for Fortune 500 brands. Based out of our New York office, the ideal candidate will weave client demands with insight driven creativity.
We offer competitive compensation, daily catered lunches, a comprehensive benefits package, and equity options for all employees. We also have an awesome collaborative work environment and a diverse team who rocks. Ready to join?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Creative Ideation: answering RFPs with big ideas that exemplify our proprietary data tools and your own creative prowess.
- Creative Casting: sourcing influencers for campaigns we sell in and partnering with them to create engagement driving content.
- Creative Direction: ensuring influencers and internal teams follow through on client approved creative to successful fruition.
- Write compelling copy to be used in influencer campaigns.
- Work with designers to create compositions that bring ideas to life with big-picture thinking in line with industry best practices.
- Manage time effectively and work against tight deadlines.
- Communicate creative concepts clearly into a thoughtful and detailed strategy across the execution, sales, design and research teams.
- Bring industry knowledge and suggestions to continuously improve interdepartmental communication between creative, execution, sales, design and research teams.
- Share your deep knowledge of all major social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube.
Here’s what we’d like to see:
- At least 4-6 years experience in marketing/advertising, creative services, or branded entertainment.
- You stay up-to-date on the latest trends and innovations in the social realm.
- Comfortable navigating the nuances of working with a diverse portfolio of clients including Automotive, TV/Film, Lifestyle, Fashion & Beauty, Gaming.
- You’re an insanely strong communicator with presentation skills that command attention.
- You’ve got strong writing skills…because you’re going to write…a lot.
- You have an eye for design/aesthetics.
- You have a bias for action and don’t wait to better our team’s output.
- You’re comfortable creating organization and processes where none may already exist.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Startup experience strongly preferred.
- PowerPoint & Google Slides Ninja.
Bonus points if:
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite applications and have Creative Cloud skills.
- Have worked in advertising or marketing in a creative capacity
Influential is an A.I. influencer technology and developer partner of IBM Watson. Influential’s patent-pending app is on the hip pocket of more than 10,000 of the most highly engaged influencers on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube, reaching over 5 billion users. Brands and agencies are able to make a digital media buy on social via Influential’s in-demo impression guarantee, which mirrors traditional and digital media spends. Influential conducts all campaigns through a brand-safe gateway and provides robust reporting via 3rd party analytics partners. Influential and IBM Watson have co-created technologies that allow brands and agencies to identify psychographic data on influencers, as well as three first-to-market A.I. products. Influential runs campaigns for Fortune 100 companies including Coca-Cola Company, Nestlé, General Mills, Kia Motors, Fox TV, Sony Pictures and more. Influential has offices in Beverly Hills, New York City, and Las Vegas.