Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Director, Creative and Design
- Grow the brand by using brand guidelines, platform best practices, data and insights to create unique and business driving work.
- Lead and oversee creative to ensure delivery of compelling conceptual and strategic work across all communication disciplines.
- Lead a 12-person creative team of ACDs, writers and art directors to effectively deliver all projects across the agency’s annual scope.
- Proactively develop and promote a culture of innovation and teamwork to ensure we have a fearless, happy, inventive, curious, and open environment.
- Lead and guide assignments in strategic direction, creative and methodology.
- Support the full team by not only understanding the Liberty Mutual brand but championing the brand, ensuring all work adheres to company standards while also participating in brand governance.
- Responsible for the art direction, design and copywriting that meets business objectives and budget requirements.
- Establish and nurture good partner working relationships within marketing and across the enterprise including brand strategists, project managers, producers, media and analytics and business partners to deliver work that drives results.
- Partner with external agencies to deliver multichannel campaigns ensuring brand consistency and messaging throughout.
- Participate in the creative role of reviewing and approving all creative briefs, presenting work, proposal development, and project initiation.
- Responsible for setting the direction of the creative process and work with PM’s, Director of Integrated Services, and Director of Strategic Operations to identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of creative team by determining appropriate project assignment based on individual skill sets, ensure smooth internal workflow by utilizing effective delegation, provide direction and counsel as needed, and set priorities to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Responsible for hiring, developing, motivating and inspiring assigned staff.
- Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with project and unit objectives.
- Monitor and be a champion for the greater team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools/technology to be competitive.
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing strategic plans, concepts, and deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Marketing, writing, design, film, or similar creative field.
- 10+ years of advertising/art background required, with professional experience in digital, social and video.
- Internal or external agency experience required.
- Ability to navigate across multiple disciplines.
- Proven track record of developing successful campaigns.
- Strong leadership, strategy, people management, interpersonal, presentation, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization, and comfort level in presenting and justifying ideas to senior managers with data and insights.
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to manage, motivate and inspire a team of Associate Creative Directors, Art Directors and Copywriters.
Art Director, MRM//McCann
MRM//McCann is looking for an Art Director who’s equally committed to creating strategically sound concepts and visually compelling work. You can come up with ideas and execute them through final release for any medium but your passion lies with digital. You find innovative ideas for people to interact with brands in new ways that goes beyond advertising and bought media. You take pride in your ability to collaborate and handle multiple projects at once, on tight deadlines.
- Brainstorm and develop creative concepts that are on strategy
- Be interested in and stay current on existing, new and emerging digital technology
- Develop creative concepts and experiences for mediums such as websites, social media, mobile apps, banners, DM, online video, installations etc
- Execute ideas from start through to completion
- Be able to understand and execute creative guidance from Creative Directors
- Ensure brand standards are consistently met
- Present work internally to Creative Directors and account teams
- Together with Creative Directors present work to clients
- Be part of new business pitches
- Collaborate with account, social media and strategy teams
- 2-4 years work experience
- Strong portfolio of your work
- Proficient communication skills
- Experience working in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Keynote
- Understanding of tech and coding is a plus
- Ability to work as part of team
At MRM//McCann, Relationship is our middle name.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to drive digital transformation for our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s)
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
MRM//McCann is a leader in Gartner Inc.’s annual “Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies” report. Gartner Magic Quadrants are based on an exacting methodology where agencies stand out for their strategic services, including business strategy and digital business transformation skills. MRM//McCann is noted for its global vision and strategy, and its use of tools and analytics enabling clients to deliver a measurable business impact as the result of those strategies.
VP, Creative Director Art FCB Health
- Considers a broad business context for the development of challenging yet realistic goals.
- Creates a direction for the organization and devises long- and short-term success plans.
- Work with senior creative, account, strategy, medical, and media management in developing overall marketing strategies.
- Remain constantly aware of new developments within the industry to better service the client and maintain current and new business.
- Advises upper management of chances in current and future creative trends.
- Review and direct creative materials
- Must be able to create and direct compelling visuals to support art team.
- Advises agency upper management of any organic business opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior management from other disciplines to enhance creative output.
- Create and oversee the development of all creative, delivering a high level of excellence.
- Participate in presentations to clients, building confidence in their team in respect to the creative output of the agency.
- Work with account management, and art department to ensure adherence to all specified deadlines and ensure coordination of all efforts.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the reputation of the company as a creative leader in healthcare advertising.
- Work with the creative unit in achieving its objectives.
- Develop and mentor creative and managerial skills of subordinates; conduct performance reviews and determine salary reviews in timely fashion.
- Maintain environment conducive to creativity so that creative output meets and exceeds agency’s standards.
- Attend and play key role in all client meetings; work proactively to improve clients business.
- Act as ambassador for the agency at industry events.
- Demonstrates full understanding of Vantage/billing process and timely reporting of hours.
Senior Graphic Designer
- Work with the Creative Director and Art Director to transform concepts into visual executions that articulate the Bonobos brand and deliver on business needs
- Design an array of digital and print assets including campaign concepts, emails, banner ads, print mailers, catalogs, and ecommerce imagery
- Own projects from kickoff through completion, presenting your work to the Creative Director, Art Director, and Marketing stakeholders; incorporate feedback into thoughtful final assets
- Contribute to small scale photo shoots in partnership with the Art and Creative Directors
- Provide creative oversight on video and social media executions
- Be a design leader, providing guidance and feedback to junior designers
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends
- Have 5-7 years of graphic design experience in retails and/or e-commerce (or at an agency for an e-commerce client)
- Are a strong conceptual thinker with a digital and print background
- Are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, have a keen understanding of graphic/web design principles and current web technologies (html, css)
- Are a strong communicator and have the ability to prioritize and manage work while adhering to critical timelines
- Are passionate about branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns
- Are able to own a project from start to finish, working autonomously, but welcoming feedback and collaboration
- Can back-up your experience with a strong portfolio
- Preferably have art direction and photo shoot experience
- Have experience concepting and designing for video content (a plus!)
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Care deeply about high quality design and creating a high-performing business and see the two as completely intertwined
- Are excited to hear from you
Support requirements of incoming requests from marketing leadership and fee-earners as it relates to creative support:
Attend strategy sessions with marketing and communications leadership, fee-earners and research as required
Develop materials to communicate critical messages and key selling propositions
Develop creative materials and perform the production and quality control of marketing collateral, reporting progress to Marketing Director and/or Creative Director
Reviewing draft presentations with Design Manager and/or Marketing Manager
Finalize creative pitches and/or proposals for distribution
Coordinate production of materials, including packaging artwork, assembling final layouts for print and; preparing notes and instructions for printers and other vendors; and liaising with Marketing Coordinators and Marketing leadership as needed
Experience or interest in print production environment utilizing binding, finishing and oversize equipment.
Design or apply standard templates to support the local business; update as necessary
Design and format marketing materials including property brochures, proposals, presentation boards, flyers, direct mail, e-blasts, postcards, offering memorandums, pop-up banners, tour books and event invitations
Demonstrate a high level of creative development and production skill
Produce creative collateral to support the business, ensuring alignment with company’s brand positioning from concept to final product; utilize available creative programs
Managing creative requirements, expectations and deadlines for all projects
Prioritize total workload with local marketing team and leadership (as appropriate)
Communicate to internal clients the priority, progress, deadlines and outstanding questions regularly
3 to 5 years of graphic design experience or any similar combination of education and experienceAdvanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite on the PC platform; familiarity with web tools and htmlExperience with creating photo-realistic renders using Sketch Up or any other Rendering Software – Highly desirableComfort with developing digital and interactive onscreen presentations
Self-starter, detail oriented, well organized, able to handle multiple projects at any given time and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Experience or interest in production environment
Real estate background a plus
Excellent oral and written communication skills