Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
VP, Learning & Development/Organizational Development
About the Job
- Leading the design, development and administration/implementation of programs designed to cultivate a high impact learning organization across the company.
- Deliver and facilitate exciting, progressive and comprehensive training content to executives, management, employees and service partners using a variety of training techniques and a collaborative approach.
- Review, evaluate and manage outside vendor relationships.
- Contribute to OD initiatives by developing work plans, communicating progress, soliciting and incorporating feedback, and ensuring alignment for successful delivery.
- Assist with planning, developing and execution of learning curriculum for the agency.
- Consulting with leaders to identify specific learning needs and interventions to provide solutions.
- Conducting needs assessments to evaluate current skills against business objectives and develop a sustainable plan to address gaps.
- Developing and fully implementing a learning business partner model for consistent training and development across the organization.
- Partner with peers and leaders across organization to diagnose, develop and facilitate interventions to further a high-performing and developmental culture.
- Play a key role in change management by creating customized learning solutions for intact teams. IND13 #LI-ML1
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience. Masters in Organization Development/Behavior or equivalent a significant plus
- Certificate/Training in facilitation, organization development or leadership development
- 7+ years of work experience in a related field (Learning & Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, HR) in a client service environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a passion for solving problems while being resourceful
- Familiarity with assessment tools used for teams
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders and to work across boundaries to build infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Strong instructional design, systems thinking and/or strategic planning experience
- Certified in a Leadership assessment tool helpful
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.
Reports To: Sr. Director, Performance & Learning
Location: New York, NY
Position Summary: This role needs to live and breathe performance and learning with a focus on building sales capabilities within the US and Canada. The position is responsible for contributing to the development and facilitation of sales training initiatives as a team member of the Center of Practice in HR. Expectations include drawing on industry experience to help develop materials and programs with high impact and relevancy to achieve the company objective of outperforming the competition. This role is responsible for the instructional design, strategic development and delivery of training programs as well the administration, organization, and coordination of our performance management program to ensure employee understanding of performance measures, job expectations, clarity of goals and objectives and performance results.
Sales Capabilities Training
- All sales function new hire activities, including field training, pre-work, and a 30/60/90 onboarding program
- By working with the sales leadership team, recommend learning and development strategies and programs that align with the division functional priorities in order to meet sales targets and objectives
- Research, identify, implement and maintain new opportunities for supporting training needs and goals. Identify on-going business needs to be addressed and satisfied by meaningful, action-oriented training.
- Field ride-a-longs with new and existing employees to identify training needs.
- Supports the creation of an annual training calendar for all workshops given and prioritizes activities based on the needs of the market and establishes monthly calendars
- Develop and implement communication and marketing of training initiatives throughout the organization.
- Track effectiveness of all training initiatives and programs and recommend modifications where required.
- Where necessary, conduct training needs analysis to identify areas of opportunity that exist within the organization.
- Support the creation of online learning (E-Learning) and the on-going maintenance of our LMS
- Develop and manage relationship with internal and external training vendors
- Responsible for providing support and coordination on various projects and activities related to the performance management process
- Reviews, monitors and analyzes performance results for the commercial sales teams and reports on them accordingly
- Contributes expertise to the development and delivery of performance management training manuals, policies and procedures
- Writes material for performance management programs; reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes
- Develops understanding of the performance expectations and coaches leaders on performance conversations
Education and Background
- Post-secondary education; preferred education in learning and development
- 3-5+ years of experience in a learning and development role
- Preferred – 3-5 years in field sales role
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Willing to travel 20-25% of the time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to handle complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Able to flex learning and development styles to develop others to achieve to their fullest potential
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills in front of small or large groups
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and online learning resources
- Ability to execute with speed and keep up to pace of the organization with a mentality to “win” in sales
Work is performed in a typical field environment, with moderate demands for movement and lifting. Frequent travel to customer sites is required. Must have valid driver’s license. Home based office is acceptable.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
- Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
- Plan, execute and operationalize development programs and processes
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Assist in the creation and development of various learning programs and training experiences, to help Deloitte personnel develop the capabilities and knowledge needed to grow at Deloitte
- Participate in or lead learning project teams to build positive, collaborative partnerships among business stakeholders, SMEs and peers
- Use critical thinking skills to identify, research, conduct data analysis, and recommend solutions to complex problems
- Contribute to the design and implementation of an end to end Early Career learner lifecycle delivered through a modern learning and development strategy including: Day 1 Readiness and continuous learning for all incoming Analysts and Associates.
- Continuously engage with key stakeholders across Citi businesses and functions to identify the key skills and competencies needed.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of a modern approach to workplace learning, i.e. one that recognizes that learning takes place in many different ways, not just the design and delivery but additionally assisting individuals to organize and manage their own self-improvement and self-development.
- Build strong partnerships and collaborative stakeholder relationships with business experts, HR advisors across the Citi franchise together with the relevant business-aligned Learning Advisors.
- Conduct program evaluations and debriefs using agreed upon methodologies to identify areas that can be updated and enhanced to take into account new delivery methods and technologies.
- Proactively collaborates with the Graduate Recruitment and Program Management teams and Learning teams and partners with all global colleagues responsible for overseeing the Analysts and Associates in each business.
- Stay abreast of current trends in Financial Industry, learning technology and identify opportunities to implement new solutions that align with business strategies.
- Manages a small team of learning professionals and project coordinators
- Bachelor’s Degree in Learning, Business Studies, and Finance.
- 5-7 years’ experience within the financial services industry.
- Working Knowledge of Financial Markets and their instruments.
- Experience in large, matrixed and multinational organizations is preferred
- Management experience required
- Drives for results and demonstrates strong sense of accountability and follow through
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent advisory skills and the ability to ask the right questions in order to clearly understand the client’s needs and challenges
- Strong team orientation
- Proven ability to align strategic and operational needs with training programs and organizational development efforts
- Demonstrated experience in learning needs analysis, in addition to the diagnosis, analysis, design and implementation of learning and development solutions in a multi- geography context
- A global and inclusive mindset with an appreciation for the importance of varying cultural and regional nuances across Citi