Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Senior Content Strategist
Bring your passion for Content Strategy to Solarity. Our fast-paced, start-up like environment is not your traditional credit union. In fact, it’s more like a fictional utopia with food trucks nearby. We need someone who owns words, data, and can make them play together in a way that makes people take action. If that sounds like you, then read on…
You need to be a strategy expert. If that’s you, read on… Are you also a kickass writer? If that’s you, read on… Do you know SEO and SEM to a level that both worries and bores people around you? If that’s you, wow, you’re awesome, let’s do this thing. But one last question: have you owned content strategy across an entire organization, and made dramatic impacts on the bottom line through your content and data skills to the point where Hollywood wants to make a movie about you? If you are, let’s do this! At Solarity you will own all content requirements including: being the senior writer, content data analytics, SEO, editorial oversight, coaching and mentoring junior members. In addition, we are looking for someone who can:
- Conduct a SEO technical audit, content gap analysis, and from that develop an SEO strategy
- Create and maintain editorial calendars, content journey maps, style guides, taxonomies, and metadata frameworks.
- Create, curate and syndicate content resulting in meeting and or exceeding established goals for brand awareness and digital/sales conversion rates.
- Meet and exceed volume and quality metrics for:
- Increased qualified lead generation through digital channels
- Increased search engine result rankings
- Increased shares, mentions, and likes
- Meet and exceed goals for increased brand awareness, brand trust and loyalty
- Adjust content and journeys to maximize effectiveness
A Day in the life of the Senior Content Strategist
As the Senior Content Strategist with Solarity, your typical day may include:
- Start off the day in a morning huddle with the CIO and your leadership peers.
- After a coffee-run work with the User Experience Architect, Digital Experience Manager and Marketing team to better understand the customer experience and prioritize journey content.
- Meet with Solarity’s Executive team to translate business goals into a content strategy that drives ROI.
- Visit with Solarity’s business lines to better understand how our services meet the customer experience expectations.
- In the afternoon find a quiet place to sit down, write, and plan and iterate through the next sprint’s content updates.
- Review analytics and ensure your content strategy is incrementally driving the right kind of user behaviors.
- Mentor junior team members and help them learn how to be successful with content.
- Celebrate another successful sprint.
If you love what you have read so far and meet the requirements below, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, English, Communications, Data Analytics, Marketing or related field (or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience) strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of successful content strategist experience, with application of user experience techniques required.
- The ability to compellingly communicate a brand’s story.
- The ability to design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia.
- Firm understanding of user experience and content strategy disciplines.
- Detail-oriented, standout idea generator, and problem solving wiz with excellent communication and organizational skills.
What else can you expect?
- A highly competitive salary range with the potential of a strong performance-based annual bonus.
- A comprehensive benefits package medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage for yourself and your family at a low cost with a generous employer contribution to your HSA (Health Savings Account.)
- Generous paid time off plus 11 paid holidays annually.
- A substantial retirement program match of 6% of your annual earnings.
- An employee wellness program including EAP coverage and gym reimbursement.
- Tuition reimbursement / student loan repayment programs.
- An organizational culture that is committed to your success.
- Significant opportunity for career growth.
- A supportive leadership team.
- Excellent member-oriented culture.
Solarity Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status. Solarity Credit Union participates in E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 509.248.1720, ext. 1520 for assistance.
The New York Times seeks an experienced Content Strategist to partner with the NYT Parenting team as we move from Discovery to building a beta version of our product.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product, design, and editorial leads throughout the prototyping phase to focus on content strategy, UX writing, taxonomy, and MVP features.
- Conduct a content audit and gap analysis to identify content opportunity areas.
- Collaborate with Editorial Lead on expert interviews to inform structure of content types.
- Lead the effort in defining a taxonomy for topics and categories.
- Define MVP content needs and offer guidance on how to prioritize content creation.
- Identify published content from the NYT that we could reuse in our product.
- Identify potential sources of content outside the NYT that could supplement our original content. (Ex: developmental stages from the CDC)
- Define plan for resourcing and producing content for MVP and beyond.
- Define governance plan for maintenance of content.
- 5+ years of experience as a Content Strategist or Content Designer, who has worked cross-functionally in a product/tech company
- A portfolio with samples of great web product, UX, and mobile app content
- A collaborative work style that allows you to write evolving content to a deadline
- The ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, concise copy
- Sensitivity to the relationship between copy, information hierarchy, and visual design
- A passion for the parenting space
Nice to have:
- Experience working through the Discovery and prototype phase of digital products
- Experience A/B testing messaging with various segments
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Manager Content Strategy
- Providing high-level content and brand recommendations that help clients and their users achieve their goals based on information obtained through site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, and site metrics
- Creating or reviewing site structure and nomenclature for the most intuitive presentation of content
- Establishing and/or maintaining editorial standards and accuracy/quality of content
- Creating and/or implementing an editorial calendar to align site releases with product launches, seasonal promotions, and more
- Generating or overseeing an inventory/matrix of all site content, including related assets
- Creating and developing end-to-end content lifecycles
- Taxonomy development and metadata recommendations
- Content model and matrix development, including for personalization and intelligent content solutions
- Creating approach for content migration and content production
- Defining governance/workflow of content creation based on stakeholder interviews and an understanding of the client’s technological capabilities
- Evaluating CMS packages and determining or contributing to selection criteria
- Frequent travel may be required
- 5-8 years’ experience in digital content strategy, some in an agency/consulting environment
- Experience leading content or cross-functional teams
- Degree in English, Library Science, Information Management, Journalism, Technical Writing or similar preferred or equivalent military experience
About Sapient Consulting
Sapient Consulting | Public Sector, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of strategy, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies, such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://publicsector.sapientconsulting.com .
ERGO Interactive is a market leader in data-driven, hyper-personalized, adaptive algorithmic email journey design and deployment. It’s a mouthful, but very cool stuff that is driving enormous returns for our blue-chip clients. The best way to explain it would be to envision you’re reading your favorite magazine, and with every page you turn and every issue you read, it becomes more relevant to you. We call it Content Science™, and we’re looking for an exceptional, seasoned Associate Director of Content Strategy with a solid writing background to join our team and help to lead our vision.
If you love using data to tell stories and thrive off smart, energetic people, you’ve just found your new home.
Please apply with your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter.
About the role
The Associate Director of Content Strategy needs to be a player/coach, able to generate high-level strategic discussions and partnerships at the client level, as well as nurture multi-level content strategists and writers.
- Manage and oversee work of at least 4 members of the Content Strategy team, helping to drive their career growth and skill sets
- Create personalized and brand-relevant content strategies and then execute across multiple online and offline channels / platforms
- Work with strategists and designers to craft content curriculums, trigger logic and visual concepts that communicate campaigns or data points in a user-friendly way
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and leverage industry best practices to build content governance models
- Lead content audits to identify strengths, weaknesses, gaps and opportunities
- Leverage content analytics and data visualization tools to conduct competitive data analysis and distill competitive insights and competitive trends
- Identify opportunities for content testing and measurement. Partner with data team on testing and learning methodologies and apply these to the work
- Work collaboratively in a multifunctional team
- Establish, enforce and evolve writing style and tone within brand guidelines
- Create and maintain content roadmaps and workflows
- Provide quality control and a “last eye” on the work so we’re delivering pixel-perfect work to our clients and customers
- Clearly and confidently present the big ideas and the smallest details to internal team, clients and prospects
What you’ll bring to us
- 6+ years of experience as an associate director, senior content writer/strategist, copywriter, strategist or planner
- Love of both high-level strategy and hands-on writing
- Left and right brain working in tandem
- A strong understanding and passion for CRM, Email, Web, Digital Journey design
- Experience conducting content audits and developing comprehensive multi-touch, omni-channel content strategies from scratch
- Ability to quickly understand business needs as they relate to a specific industry, then translate complex ideas into an editorial direction
- Strong writing, editing, creative and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive thinking to develop innovative new strategies and tactics in an emerging industry
- Professionalism and a confident, collaborative approach to client-facing and colleague interactions
- The ability and warmth to inspire clients and earn their trust in presentations and workshops
- A deadline- and detail-oriented nature—you thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong teamwork and communication skills—you’re open to listening to new ideas and take thoughtful action to bring them to life
- The will to win with a lot of integrity and a sense of humor
- The ability to help us win trivia night
- A comprehensive career development program and training
- Choice of gym or CitiBike membership
- Bagel Fridays
- Summer Fridays
- Office bar cart, daily produce, healthy and unhealthy snacks, Nespresso
- Pool table
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Company-paid office shut-down between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Health, vision & dental benefits
- 401k plan
- Referral bonus program
- Pet-friendly office, including pet insurance
- Fun company outings and events
- Very cool industrial-style West Village studio space