Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles…
Director – Content Acquisition
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch onLinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/twitch-tv/ ),Twitter ( https://twitter.com/Twitch ) and on ourBlog ( https://blog.twitch.tv/ ).
About the Position
The Global Talent Business team owns the full cycle business relationships with global talent agencies and representation organizations that serve Twitch’s top global creators. The Director, Content Acquisition will work with agencies and organizations on new deal generation and deal renewals for prospective and current top partners. The Director will lead content acquisition negotiations on behalf of Twitch in collaboration with key internal stakeholders. Additionally, the team is responsible for ensuring successful post-signing go to market planning across the relevant teams at Twitch. The ideal candidate has a rich history of closing and bringing to fruition deals in the entertainment industry and new media, is forward-thinking, strategic, and able to effectively negotiate terms that benefit Twitch communities.
- Drive renewal efforts for top Twitch partners, managing contract negotiation and execution across internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, recruit and sign individual content producers and other content creators
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with external strategic partners such as talent agencies and management companies
- Use data analysis to support content acquisition and renewal efforts
- Represent Twitch in both endemic and new content markets at events across North America
- Educate partners on Twitch products and best practices
- 8+ years of deal making experience
- 8+ years experience in an external facing role with a digital content distribution platform, content studio, MCN, talent agency or similar
- Existing professional relationships with agencies, management companies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and synthesize data to support deal structuring
- Experience with business modeling and strategic analysis
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and highly-motivated
- Proven ability to work on multiple deals at once
- Polished customer service skills
- Travel to industry conventions such as VidCon, Comic-Con, etc.
- Familiarity with the Twitch platform as both a user and broadcaster
- Strong existing relationships in the content creator community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- College Degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience and proven success in a content, media rights, or digital media department/company
- Strong analytical/decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship management
- Solid understanding of intellectual property rights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in a simple manner across different levels of an organization
- Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
- ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
- Work to prepare projects for internal support and valuation through collection of data and preparation of budgets, P&Ls, and proposed deal terms
- Structure, negotiate and enter into new deals with content creators, agents, and business development partners
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential partners
- Manage and execute high volume deal flow against specific metrics
- Track and communicate deal terms within the organization and provide for first line of enforcement of deal terms if necessary
- Work closely with other key stakeholders within Audible, such as Marketing, PR, Content Services, and Content Creation
- Coordinate closely with members of the content teams at Audible to maintain consistency in messaging and policy
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in content licensing and/or business development, including strong negotiations and partner development skills
Prime Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Amazon Prime, new releases for rent or purchase, and subscriptions through Prime Video Channels. Launched in the US in 2015, Prime Video Channels is an OTT platform that offers customers video channels like HBO, Showtime, and Starz—all available without a cable subscription—on the Amazon Video platform.Amazon is seeking a savvy and analytical digital content licensing executive to join our Prime Video Channels content acquisition team. This individual will be responsible for helping to define and, in turn, to execute the content strategy for our Prime Video Channels business in international territories.
In addition to strong negotiation skills, the ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, and isn’t afraid to role his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.
- Develop acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for senior management
- Establish and manage strong relationships with content providers
- Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas within Amazon Video to execute partnerships
- Prepare and present business reviews to senior leaders
- Work closely with the Amazon Video team leaders to develop new services and product offerings
- MBA or JD preferred
- Foreign language ability (e.g., Spanish, Portuguese)
- International content licensing and/or business development experience
- Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
- Proven ability to negotiate complex license and business development agreements
- Excellent business judgment and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Define and execute edX’s content strategy that aligns with our overall company and product strategies.
- Grow our capability to identify and acquire the best courses, credentials, degrees and other types of content to meet our learners’ needs worldwide.
- Grow our research capability and align content (existing or gaps) with the job market to help learners achieve their career outcomes.
- Build strong working relationships with edX partner managers and content providers to ensure successful content acquisition.
- Identify educational, business and labor trends and lead the necessary research, acquisition and experimentation to understand opportunity and impact.
- Build, lead, develop and manage a team focused on content strategy and acquisition.
- Represent and advance edXs’ goals at key public engagements, conferences, industry events and edX partner events, representing the company as an industry leader.
- 10+ years of experience in professional or continuing higher education or consulting focused on delivering best-in-class digital experiences to consumer markets.
- A track record of success in business development, personally and leading teams that reliably meet goals.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience collaborating and navigating in a matrixed organization.
- Experience coaching direct reports and others, aligning teams to goals, setting a strategic vision and creating an engaging, positive work environment.
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- Experience hiring and developing top talent and designing diverse, inclusive, effective and results-driven teams.
- Position requires 30% – 50% travel.
- Ability to foster working relationships with content providers. Develop and maintain good relationships with content partners and the industry at large, representing the company as an industry leader.
edX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.
- 3+ years of relevant business experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Professional experience with Microsoft Excel
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage strategic partnership deals that delight customers and support strategic objectives
- Serve as a key member of the Content Acquisition team in helping to define and deliver the strategy around content acquisition, new business models, with a global view
- Develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones with input from key stakeholders
- Establish and execute against selection, operational, and business metrics
- Deliver results by working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product management, legal, marketing, and other Content Acquisition teams around the world)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management of Amazon and publishers
- Identify opportunities for innovation and automation
- Leverage data analysis to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams to drive recommendations to senior leadership
- Consulting, finance, banking or prior experience in a problem-solving or analytical role preferred
- Proven analytical thinking, leadership, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and react to emerging trends in the marketplace
- Knowledge of SQL and other reporting technologies and methods
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with executing deals and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives
- Experience working in digital content acquisition roles or product management roles
- Knowledge of or experience in publishing or other media industries a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Fitch Solutions is seeking a Director, Content Acquisition . The role (reporting to the Head of Content Acquisition) will be part of the Content Acquisition function within the Global Content Operations group and will interface with a wide range of teams across Fitch and many external parties. Covering Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions across UK and US, the Content Acquisition function manages Fitch’s relationships with a wide number of third party data vendors, from whom Fitch licences data products and services.
- Vendor management. Maintain relationships and manage contracts with numerous market/reference data vendors to ensure that services are aligned to business requirements and budgets across Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions.
- Close liaison with Fitch business groups to understand current and future data requirements. This will include both internal and external use of market and reference data. Seek out cost effective solutions.
- Provide guidance to business groups on appropriate use of market/reference data.
- Manage assessment and benchmarking of vendors/outsource partners.
- Manage procurement of new services (including contract negotiation) dealing with central legal and finance teams.
- Preparation and management of financial reporting (including budgeting) around third party data and outsource costs as directed by Head of Content Acquisition.
- Handling of ahoc projects including buy vs. build analysis for new content.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience of procuring market or reference data in a financial services environment.
- Some experience of vendor management and or data licence contracts is important.
- Knowledge of market data industry. Prior knowledge of credit rating industry is not required.
- Strong communication skills required including in negotiation situations.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
Financial, economic or business-related degree preferred or equivalent
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.