Here are sample job advertisements for compliance roles in finance…
Head of Compliance, Americas
Division Group Compliance / General Council / Group Legal
This role is responsible to advocate a culture of compliance and lead the development and implementation of the Group compliance programs in the region. This role will provide independent oversight of the compliance function in the region and assess and monitor the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory compliance controls to mitigate Vistra’s risks.
Responsibility for implementation of Group Compliance strategy in the region and associated oversight of regional Compliance matters to ensure alignment.
Providing strategic direction and acting as a point of technical compliance delivery for the region to bring the region up to the expected compliance standard of both the Group and any relevant regulators within the region.
Develop internal relationships to ensure commitment throughout compliance agendas
Oversight of local Compliance functions across the region. Ensure sufficient resources and training are in place to successfully discharge the objectives of the functions (includes involvement in recruitment and setting KPIs and objectives)
Challenge compliance practice and develop and implement strategic and tactical plans for the region in conjunction with Group Compliance.
Ensure delivery by local functions of routine compliance monitoring under a defined Group program, and the carrying out of reviews and reporting functions as part of a pro-active risk-based compliance regime.
Provide oversight of local compliance functions to ensure regulated entities in the region comply with specific regulatory conditions imposed on licensees, as may be relevant.
Implement Group Compliance and other relevant Group functional policies across the business (insofar as they cover relevant activities).
Ensure maintenance by local functions of Compliance manuals, seeking to harmonize these across the region as far as possible.
Contribute to the review of existing and development of new internal forms and compliance processes that can be applied across the region and the SSCs responsible for supporting the region.
Ensure functioning of client risk reviews and maintain up-to-date records of ratings within regional local offices or SSCs as may be relevant. Promote periodic reviews of files based on clients’ risk rating/profile. Drive remediation process of files review to clear raised audit points;
Keep CCO up-to-date with new developments in the legal and regulatory environment.
Exercise due skill, care and diligence, observe proper standards of market conduct and deal with any regulators pr other relevant stakeholders in an open and co-operative way (as may be required).
Championing a culture of compliance within the region
- Ad-hoc duties/projects assigned by GC and or CCO.
Qualifications and other requirements
The successful candidate should possess the following:
Minimum 10 years of compliance experience preferably gained through reputable professional services or financial services firms
Minimum degree holder in relevant disciplines, advanced degree preferred
Strong Legal and Compliance technical knowledge
Able to work in a multi-faceted environment and sensitive to divisional business issues.
Methodical with strong analytical skills; ability to interpret and summarize complex information for onward communication to the Executive Committee, the Board and externally as may be required.
Consultancy skills in order to be a trusted adviser to the business on Legal and Compliance related issues.
Strong influencing skills with the ability to build persuasive cases based on fact and through the strength of leadership ensure that all relevant stakeholders buy into the Compliance strategy.
Credible and effective communicator both written and verbal with proven relationships with industry and/or market contacts.
Ability to remain calm under pressure and display emotional resilience.
Collaborative, strong team-player with demonstrable experience in working within a dynamic organisation and able to build bridges between the different stakeholders within the organisation, division and locations
Exceptional attention to detail & programme management experience
- Excellent people management skills able to lead and motivate large teams
Summary: Responsible for identifying and developing criteria and commentary on critical compliance issues across the Bank. Prepares and delivers Bank-wide and targeted training. Drafts new and existing policies and procedures to ensure that the Bank meets the requirement of various legal and regulatory agencies. Responsible for Know Your Customer due diligence, monitoring employee accounts, and Anti Money Laundering activities.
Ensures ongoing improvement and evolution of governance programs and identifies risks and/or gaps in the system. Management Position: No Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Clears Prime System generated BSA related alerts and documents rationales. 2.
Performs various watch list related verifications and record-keeping (OFAC/ FinCEN 314a/Japan List). 3. Performs BSA compliance Tests as well as Corporate Compliance Tests 4. Performs Customer/Account Profile reviews via Surety software.
5. Reconciles Employee Personal Trading Monitoring Program related documents. 6. Updates various compliance related logs and keeps track of compliance related documents.
7. Arrange meetings, take minutes. 8. Assists and prepares compliance testing work papers for all the tests performed.
9. Participates in periodic compliance related committees. Take minutes. 10.
Assists with preparation of Fed/State pre-planning and introduction letter/first day letter materials. 11. Maintains files on appropriate regulatory compliance related issues. 12.
Prepares Compliance newsletter to be sent within the department weekly and Branch wide Compliance newsletter to be sent within the Branch monthly. 13. Prepares various monthly reports. 14.
Assists with the Annual Risk Assessment of BSA and Corporate Compliance. 15. Ensures that ethical practices are effectively communicated to all employees throughout SMTBNY and promotes adherence to all ethical practices by all employees. 16.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: 1. Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent. 2.
Excellent organizational and communication skills (writing and interpersonal). 3. Proficient in Excel, Access, VBA script, preferred. 4.
Detail oriented. 5. Strong basic math skills required. 6.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18075390
Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to Credit/CMO operational issues, as well as, provide transactional approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies.
Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the supported function/business/product.
Supporting Credit/CMO in performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for Credit/CMO.
Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or JD a plus
Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of Credit/CMO and the related operations and financial requirements
Past or current compliance work experience with institutional fixed income products, swaps/derivatives, and debt capital markets desired
FINRA registrations (e.g. Series 7, 63, 24, 79) desirable
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
Knowledge of FINRA and SEC Regulatory rules relating to fixed income securities (e.g. TRACE reporting rules)
Knowledge of Dodd-Frank Swaps regulations and related CFTC rules
Knowledge of fixed income market structure and trading conventions
Knowledge of bank regulatory rules/regulations
Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
Advanced analytical skills
Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
PAY DEPOT is hiring a full-time Chief Compliance Officer to join the senior management team and will be responsible for overseeing the compliance program and advising senior leadership on significant risk and compliance issues, maintaining a perspective that is independent, objective, and sensitive to the objectives of the organization. This position will be based at the PAY DEPOT’s corporate office in Brooklyn, New York
Chief Compliance officer will be primarily responsible for overseeing compliance with help by Compliance Analyst and ensuring compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program. Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Manage and continuously improve the company’s Compliance Management System
- Implement practices that will ensure company meets all current industry regulation standards
- Maintain the company’s written supervisory policies and procedures
- Possess detailed knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures and how they are applied and monitored
- Develop and oversee internal audit function
- Manage and analyze compliance monitoring procedures and outcomes (development and testing of controls, internal audit, external audit)
- Oversee consumer compliant management and resolution
- Monitor and implement Federal and State regulatory compliance policies and training
- Lead the annual compliance review, internal risk assessments, and manage all regulatory audits
- Maintain daily, monthly, quarterly and annual compliance schedules and documentation
- Monitor all aspects of the company’s operations in order to identify new or emerging compliance issues
- Advise management on new and existing regulations and how they affect the company’s operations and its customers
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Independent thinker
- Subject matter expert in BSA and AML regulations and equivalent compliance programs implemented by regulated institutions
- Oversee KYC/AML, fraud, complaint investigations to prevent, detect and mitigate regulatory risks to the Company. Assist in the production of documents related to requests from state and federal regulators.
- Must have regulatory and sanction Screening Experience for Consumer/Business
- Working knowledge of AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated success of reviewing customer data with emphasis on risk evaluation
- Intermediate analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with background checks/intelligence/customer research/transactional analysis
- Proven knowledge and experience in Cryptocurrency landscape.
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complex data
- Prior management experience
- A team player, enthusiastic, energetic, proactive and responsive
- Proven track record of identifying, solving and preventing compliance issues
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex regulatory requirements and create effective compliance programs
- Ability to voice and defend opinions
- Experience in compliance management in banking or financial services is required; five or more years’ experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with a digital loan delivery platform
- Experience in consumer lending is recommended.
Benefits include vacation and sick time, paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Compliance: 5 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Digital Loan Delivery: 2 years (Required)
- Compliance Management: 5 years (Required)