Here are sample job advertisements for this type of role…
Commercial Banking Officer
The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for accomplishing management’s marketing objectives of attracting new business and expanding current Bank relationships. The ideal candidate develops and implements solicitation programs to attract new customers in the business community. This role will create and maintain close relationships with all parties involved in commercial transactions and help facilitate sales through the structuring of creative and appealing loan and deposit products.
- Develops and retains commercial business, meeting with prospects and customers.
- Gathers related financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, presents to and participates in committee credit decisions and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Continues developing growing network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Make referrals for Credit Cards, Loans, Wealth Management, CorTrust Mortgage and CorInsurance.
- Ensures that work is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Establishes priorities and prepares sales call plans.
- Documents calls and makes regular call reports to supervisor.
- Reviews lists, records, newspapers, etc., for business development leads.
- Cooperates with other areas of the Bank in making and receiving internal referrals.
- Represents the Bank at various civic and community functions to enhance its image and develop new business.
- Assists in products and service development to ensure customer satisfaction and Bank profitability. Recommends upgrades, elimination or future development of under-performing products and services and development of introduction of new products and services when necessary.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Possesses combination of education and experience to perform primary duties of position.
- Adaptable to system, process, product and service changes.
- Effective and efficient planning, organizational, technological and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational commitment through advocacy in the community, customer experience and co-worker relationships.
- Ability to reason, problem solve and think critically.
- Ability to effectively convey thoughts, ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong understanding of financial services.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity, personal diplomacy and ability to foster culture of mutual respect.
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results.
- Creative/innovative problem solver.
- Self-motivated in taking initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
Make banking a Fifth Third better?
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has an awareness of general banking products and services provided by other departments, such as Treasury Management and Wealth Management products, and has the ability to initiate referrals to these departments.
- Has knowledge of banks products and services, pricing and internal requirements, and is able to communicate these effectively to customer.
- Operates network computers/software, and other equipment necessary to handle financial transactions. Has knowledge of Client Builder and Custom Lender.
- Has complete understanding of the Bank?s Credit Policy, including individual Officer Authority and Loan Committee authority.
- Provides back up support in loan processing and loan documentation such as, but not limited to: Ordering – Illinois Complete Search, Tract Search or Title Insurance, Flood Determination, Proof of Insurance.
- Accurately packages executed commercial loan documents and ensures they are delivered to Loan Documentation in a timely manner, including verifying that documents are signed by customer and officer, proper authority is indicated, and all supporting backup documentation is included.
- Directs or performs all account maintenance activities requested by customers and management.
- Is able to direct requests from customers for such items as: name and address changes, check orders, issue/renew/cash CDs; signs up customers for direct deposit and automatic bill paying by ACH; answers rate inquiries and quotes rates (APY / APR); accepts orders for stop payment (checks, ACH), collection, wire transfer, and savings bonds; provides statement printouts, orders Visa Check Card/ATM cards and PIN numbers; provides notary service.
- Promotes bank services and cross-sells bank products.
- Knows where the CRA notice, statement and public disclosure file is located in the branch and who the CRA Officer is.
- Orders department supplies. Calls for required maintenance and repairs for equipment located within the department.
- Provides relief or backup coverage for other employees as required.
- Accepts mail deposits from customers and correctly processes these transactions.
- Process Daily Overdrafts online, in a timely manner.
- Processes customer on-line transfers between deposit accounts.
- Opens and closes accounts for Business customers using the Desktop system with 95% accuracy.
- Answers department telephones as necessary, taking complete and accurate messages for associates and handling as many customer requests as possible without passing them on.
- Process all requests for loan documentation through the Custom Lender System and completes all required data entry fields.
- Gains knowledge of banks General Ledger and is able to properly process tickets for items as needed.
- Participates in on-going training.
- Has the ability to handle reporting suspicious transactions/activity/situations to appropriate personnel.
- Processes customer requests for payments and advances through loan servicing forms.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- ?LIVE? the Bank?s Mission Statement and ?PRACTICE? the Bank?s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.?
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The individual will train within carious areas of the Commercial and Credit Administration departments to obtain the knowledge and skills to prepare for the transition into a lending or credit role for the Company. The actual time spent within each area will depend on the individual’s knowledge and skill level.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints, and company policies and practices
- Works with each area manager to set performance goals and objectives for time spent in the area
- Performs financial analysis on commercial loans
- Trains within the Commercial Loan Documentation Department to acquire knowledge regarding Deeds of Trust, Security Agreements, lien positions, etc.
- Works with Credit Administration to obtain knowledge regarding loan structuring, UCA cash flow, EBITDA, cash flow, personal cash flow and other analytical skills
- Accompanies loan officers on customer calls to obtain knowledge pertaining to workouts
- Trains within the Commercial Collection Department to obtain knowledge pertaining to workouts
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or MBA, with classes in accounting and finance, minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles required
- Ability to work in the Charleston, WV area and travel to other City locations
- Willingness to relocate within City’s footprint preferred
- Work is generally performed indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Typically, the employee may sit to perform the work. However, there may be some standing, walking, bending and carrying of light items in the course of the work
Critical Skills / Expertise
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company
- Possess skills required to move in a sales position