Here are sample job advertisements for Clearing, Settlements and Payments roles..
Settlement, Clearing and Collateral Management Analyst, CBIAS -Markets Group
Gain a thorough understanding of the clearing and settlement services business with a focus on effectively performing settlement operations, resolving issues and addressing inquiries/needs of foreign central banks, international agencies, and the SOMA’s Open Market Operations Desk.
Collaborate with staff and management to continuously analyze existing processes or to develop new ones (through the use of automation for example) to increase efficiency of activities and reduce operational risk.
Develop a strong understanding of the systems that support the operation to effectively troubleshoot operational issues and communicate business requirements in the context of these systems when participating in efforts with technical support staffs.
Provide support to DAS, CBIAS and Markets Group projects as they arise by participating and contributing in meetings when necessary, advocating business needs, communicating issues and working with various internal and external parties.
Bachelor’s level degree in business, finance, economics or related field
Up to three years of financial services operations or relevant work experience.
Experience in data management and analysis, specifically in querying, managing, and manipulating data using Excel, Crystal, or Access is a plus.
Ability to think critically, assimilate new information, make sound decisions, manage multiple responsibilities and respond effectively in time pressured situations or to meet tight deadlines.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to proactively forge and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
Strong verbal and written communication skills to appropriately convey information to staff, management and others. Effective presentation skills are also desirable.
Ability in taking on initiative and in being self-directed.
Experience in supporting or managing projects is a plus.
Job Title: Cash Management Payments Clearing
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Corporate Investment Banking-Global Transaction Banking:
In today’s fast-moving, ever-changing business landscape, companies need more than just outstanding business models to perform – they need strong insight to achieve their business objectives.
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) division is not just a market leader in cash management, trade finance and securities services, we are also at the forefront in the provision of strategic thinking and the creation of global solutions.
Our universal expertise and worldwide experience presence in over 190 countries allows us to offer truly integrated and effective solutions. From domestic and cross-border payments, international trade finance, acting as trustees, agents and custodians for our clients, we aim to help you optimize every opportunity, minimize risk and achieve your commercial objectives.
Cash Management Payments Clearing:
Payments Clearing is an integral part of the GTB Clearing product line. The focus is on offering cash clearing related services to Institutional Clients such as Commercial Payments Clearing and Treasury Payments Clearing. In this respect the business is considered a top notch provider processing over 300k high value / wire payments per day with a total value of around EUR 1,000bn. Payments Clearing products enable other financial institutions to offer international payment services to their clients, thereby fulfilling a vital role in international trade. The Payments Clearing Product is offered in five booking hubs (New York, Frankfurt, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai focusing on four strategic currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, and RMB).
You will act as a Product Owner across GTB Cash Management Payments Clearing for project Sully. Project Sully is a strategic project within the Americas region that is aimed to provide substantial liquidity benefit to Deutsche Bank and will help address net stable funding constraints. As a major component of the project the Bank is rolling out its new global payment platform Galileo replacing the Banks high value payments legacy applications.
You will be responsible for business requirements, roadmap, prioritization, and implementation of GTB Cash Management Clearing Products in support of project Sully and the Galileo rollout, both internal and customer-facing. You will partner and represent the business and user community within the project team while carrying out their responsibilities for determining which features and functions are required in order to meet project’s goals.
In addition to the Clearing Products for Institutional Clients you will represent the high value payments products for Corporate Cash Management within the scope of the Galileo rollout.
The role will demand regular interaction within GTB, Tech & Ops and various control functions like Compliance, BCU and Legal. You should therefore be comfortable working with colleagues at senior management levels and possess the necessary interpersonal and leadership qualities.
- Roll-out coordination of the GTB Cash Management Payments Clearing in support of project Sully – in the US from a Product Management perspective, also representing the Corporate’s High Value/Treasury Payments products
- Understanding of the broader regulatory context and evolution to ensure solution is “future proof” and complies with the prevailing market standards and regulations
- For required changes/enhancements and scope reviews to the platform: work together with the concerned global product owners in the GTB Cash Management Clearing Products to strive for the highest possible level of standardization across the different booking locations
- Lead requirements gathering effort – collaborating with various partners across the organization – Product management, Implementations, Legal, Risk, BCU, Operations and Technology to deliver solutions that align with the company’s mission and strategic goals
- Act as the product and user champion when coordinating development with business stakeholders and align all development activity with business goals and priorities
- Develop epics, user stories, and requirements in an agile team
- Manage the product backlog by working day-to-day with the team to clarify requirements, recommend alternative approaches
- Contextualize priorities for engineering team
- Answer questions from engineers and clarify product requirements
- Ensure understanding of requests and clarify partners’ expectations
- Document the new features for implementations and release notes
- Review demos with team members
- Relate completed work back to product vision and road map
- Report engineering work planned, in progress, and completed to the executive team
- Establish/maintain the risk register, issue inventory, deliverable traceability processes, dependencies, action trackers and stakeholder maps
- Work with other Product Owners over the project Sully lifecycle to ensure dependencies across products are understood
- Proactively highlight and, where appropriate, escalate key delivery risks and issues to the Project Sully GTB Lead and Program Manager
- Excellent understanding of GTB Cash Management Clearing Products, its landscape and flows
- Ability to translate market/client needs into product solutions
- Prior experience with complex processes and projects involving multiple stakeholders at different levels of the organization
- Ability to absorb information quickly and link related topics
- Experience in effectively communicating with and positively influencing project stakeholders and team members without direct reporting responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written English and ability to tailor communication to various audiences and interact with senior stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Must have a keen eye for detail with a focus on quality control
- Must be a team player; able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently and meet competing/changing deadlines
- Experienced with all phases of a project lifecycle with focus on business requirements and user acceptance testing
- Able to prioritize and deliver according to strict timelines and quality standards
- Experience in problem solving and working to tight deadlines whilst achieving good quality outputs
- Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with Jira (Beneficial but not essential)
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18067022
- Lead Market Management for Global Clearing Product across USD and European Clearing including competitive analyses, pipeline management and collateral creation
- Align regional Market Management efforts and ensure one strategic cohesive story is presented across client presentations and RFPs
- Support industry engagements including SWIFT GPI migration to ISO20022 and pilots and proof of concepts in flight
- Drive innovation within the Clearing & FI business for our FI clients, partnering with the broader TTS and Citi organization (i.e. LMS, Trade, SFS, FXLM)
- Partner in setting the strategic direction of the Global Clearing business
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years of TTS or related experience
- Background or experience in strategy or payments related fintech a plus
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and has the drive to succeed. Dedication to the timely delivery of assigned tasks
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging payment developments
- Existing industry engagement or experience a plus
- Ability to drive change within the organization and across the industry
- Excellent team working and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to influence others
- Ability to navigate complex global organization, and work with/lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions
- Ability to move between the detail and the strategic, providing quality at both
- Business focused and ability to think strategically
- Strong financial & analytical skills to understand & tackle the challenges of payments business.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills and be able to influence people.
- Good project management skills to deliver results.
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Leadership Skills
- Undergraduate degree required