Here are sample job advertisements for executive leadership type of Chief of Staff roles:
Chief of Staff to COO
As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.The team:
We are the Leadership team who guides the vision, strategy and execution of the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings.The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.Your job:
The Chief of Staff will be the right hand to the COO. This is a critical role that will help enable communication, collaboration, and strategy execution across the company. This highly visible position will enable a deep understanding of Indeed and the HR Technology Industry.In this role you will work closely with our Senior Leadership Team to execute and monitor our business strategy. You should be a sharp critical thinker who can solve large business issues and communicate effectively. You will develop a deep understanding of the critical success factors of a high-growth company and gain experience further scaling an already large organization.
- Influence cross-functional projects and project management, including performance reporting
- Craft Board and C-suite level presentations and memos
- Identify areas for efficiency and improvement in all initiatives
- Support the COO in organizing inspiring and informative All Hands meetings to share important business information to the company as well as engage and boost team morale
- Work with the Communications team to design and develop presentations and speaking points for internal and external audiences
- Organize discussion points, to-dos, follow-ups and draft thoughtful correspondence
- Manage weekly leadership meetings to encourage productive dialogue and focus
- Provide decision support by working with leadership to distill and organize recommendations for COO approval (anticipate requests for additional information, support with additional research or information analysis and surface key takeaways to ensure content is presented in a digestible format).
- Build relationships across the organization in order to fully understand the health of the business and our people
As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to hire people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers and can help create a vision to do so for long into the future.
On your first day, we will give you a t-shirt that says, “I help people get jobs.” Soon after, you will be wearing your shirt at the grocery store and someone will come up and say, “I love Indeed! I found my job on Indeed. Thank you!” You will smile for the rest of the day. This will happen a lot.
- 3-5 years of experience in Investment Banking or Top Tier management consulting firm required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research
- Strong analytical rigor with quantitative capabilities
- Effortless storytelling, communication, and synthesis abilities
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to speak up and share opinions
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments and adapts easily to change
- Expert level knowledge of Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Must be comfortable working under pressured, time-sensitive, and rapidly evolving situations
- Ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, curious and driven by a new challenge
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities, strengthening our decision-making and fueling our growth. Learn more about how Indeed prioritizes inclusion by visiting our inclusion page  https://www.indeed.com/inclusion
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks:  http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy Terms:  https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Do you aspire to be a CEO someday? Are you an experienced operator who wants to work x-functionally with the span of an entire company as your next professional chapter? If so, you might be a good fit for the Chief of Staff role at Well Woven.
The expectation is that this is a ~ 24-month position, and you will graduate into a senior operating role at Well Woven afterward. Adem Ogunc is the CEO of Well Woven, and he’s looking for someone who can be a sounding board to him, a confidante, and a partner in helping Well Woven scale as the company grows from 25 people to over 100 in the coming year, while serving home furnishings markets here in the USA and Europe an Asia.
You will be his right-hand person and get exposure to all aspects of running a company of Well Woven’s size and scale. The right candidate will have built significant teams, run planning processes, set business direction, and worn many hats in the scaling of their organization. They should be familiar with working with executives (or be an executive themselves) and be able to fill in for Adem when he needs to be in two places at the same time. They should be comfortable giving a speech to 200+ people, managing a high touch executive mtg, and engaging with external partners such as CEOs of public companies and investors managing billions of dollars. Communication skills of all types should be a core strength, as well as ability to build strong relationships based on empathy plus mutual respect. Superb organization skills, with very high attention to detail, are mandatory.
As Chief of Staff, you’ll be a key member of the CEO team. The CEO team is newly forming at Well Woven. The CEO of Well Woven believes in empowering his team to own their respective projects and programs, and the goal of the CEO team as a collective ensures the CEO job is done in the best way possible. You will be a key stakeholder in this process. This includes:
- The CEO role at a start-up includes gap filling for special projects across the organization. You’ll need to work local and think global at the same time. As a force multiplier of the CEO, you will be involved in a variety of projects spanning all parts of Well Woven.
- These projects could include corporate planning and policy relations, location-based campaigns, internal Well Woven initiatives, new market explorations, leading a team for a few months before a new leader is found, and more. Basically, the things that are most important and/or requiring the CEOs time will be the things you are involved with.
- Also, you will frequently collaborate with other Well Woven teams focused on, Business Development, FP&A, Corporate Development, and more.
Facilitate Well Woven Executive Team:
- Well Woven’s executive team is made up of the CEO, COO currently.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and execs, across Well Woven, enabling effective x-functional collaboration across the organization.
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to execute on top priorities effectively.
Executive & External Communications:
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences. This involves facilitating the setting of topics for company-wide meetings, helping to prepare speakers from across the company, as well as owning other communications such as the CEO newsletter.
- In the situations where the CEO has two commitments, you’ll counsel him on which path to take, and then fill in for him at the second commitment.
Your Work Background:
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant operating experience, with experience building teams (ideally larger than 100 people), owning goal setting, hitting targets, hiring/firing, getting leverage from a group, etc.
- Experience managing complex, multi-location strategies, projects, and operations.
- Significant x-functional project experience, working with many stakeholders, across departments, etc.
- Operating experience in two different departments ideal (ex. Sales & Marketing, ex. Product & Operations).
Your Characteristics & Skills:
- A true executive presence and comfortable working with senior leaders.
- Strong opinions based on experiences and belief in what the future looks like, plus framework approach to iteration and experimentation to make that future real.
- Structured thinker with a strong bias to problem-solving.
- Able to disagree and commit.
- An extreme growth mindset, driven by intense curiosity.
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities. Ability to create order out of chaos.
- Hyper-organized but also flexible. Outstanding execution skills.
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to establish healthy and trusting relationships.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and influence skills.
- Strong written communication skills. Ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner.
Tenure: The expectation is the Chief of Staff position is a ~ 24-month position, and you will graduate to a senior operating role at Well Woven afterward.
About Well Woven
The Well Woven mission is to re-imagine what area rugs can look and feel like at prices accessible to a wide range of consumers. We’re setting out to push boundaries and build a new kind of area rug company. Our goal is to create compelling, unique and innovative floor coverings that inspire us all to furnish our space with love while maintaining affordability. We create rugs that from design to manufacturing have a human focus on quality colors and materials. Every day we look for ways to take contemporary trends and use them to develop innovative new rugs. Also, because we are our manufacturer we have complete control over the process. We keep our overhead low and pass these savings on to you. We source and design everything in-house and cut out unnecessary intermediaries.
Well Woven we care about our partners and customers. We strive to foster an open and creative environment and will always have a representative on hand to answer any questions. Above all we want to cultivate lasting partnerships based on a shared understanding of innovation and value.
- Think Big
- Stand Behind Your Promises
- Always Tell the Truth
- Love Your Work
- Love Something Else
- Great Challenges Make for Great Opportunities
- Everyone is Important
- Ensure senior management schedules are followed and respected; act as the ‘gatekeeper’ with direct access to their programs Serve as an extension of our CEO as needed.
- Plan, prioritize and manage execution of cross-functional campaigns.
- Identify, implement, and prioritize workflow and processes for senior management.
- Run external meetings with top clients and internal meeting with senior management.
- Keep CEO accountable for commitments while keeping reports responsible for results
- Help complete priority items for the CEO as needed
- Create presentations & agendas for meetings with all teams in the company
- Conduct analysis of key business trends, operations reporting, KPI reporting and bring attention to variances with solutions.
- Ensure our CEO is effective as we can be through your strategic and operational support.
- Find and resolve internal information and knowledge bottlenecks.
If you’re interested in getting the ball rolling, please take our skills assessment here:
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Chief of Staff to help guide the next phase of our company’s rapid growth. As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will help build a healthy organization, set the right strategy and process, and drive critical cross-functional efforts. The Chief of Staff will streamline activities within the organization based on the prioritization of the senior management team, up-leveling when needed and jumping in to move things forward where necessary. We need someone who excels at “getting things done” in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, and who gets excited about this unique opportunity to contribute to the long-term success of the company.
- Build a thorough understanding of the product, tech, and strategic needs of the company. Based on this, drive the priorities of the executive team through weekly meetings, shaping offsites, and identifying opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
- Serve as a key input to the CEO and senior management team, assisting in facilitating effective decision-making and removing roadblocks when possible
- Communicate project and initiative status to the CEO, pulling in other executives or team members as necessary
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Support and build cross-functional relationships with key partners across the organization, helping to motivate teams and individuals to achieve goals
- Keep a pulse and feedback loop on the company, being on top of key initiatives, employee satisfaction, recruiting, facilities, etc.
- Help build a successful and healthy organization: collaborate with Director of HR to review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Participate in regular meetings with the Director of HR to discuss and track potential staffing issues until resolution
- Plan and execute senior management retreats, all-hands meetings, company offsites and other special projects
Experience & Skills
- 2+ years’ prior experience working in management consulting or directly with executive teams in a similar client services capacity
- Strong analytical / financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Innovative, resourceful, and efficient with limited resources
- Ability to juggle priorities and autonomously manage your time to ensure the most value-add to the team and company
- Incredibly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and manage wide-scale projects across multiple levels and functions of the organization; understands how to motivate teams while maintaining a sense of humility
- Ability to balance insight and guidance, taking a step back when needed to allow the owner of the initiative to come to their own recommendation
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- BA/BS degree from a leading 4-year university with strong academic performance
Take Yahoo and AOL, fuse them and you get a media and technology company operating at massive global scale. It takes powerful technology to connect our combined media brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Oath’s employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. And we’re only getting bigger. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in? Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
A little about Oath:
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands members love. We reach over one billion people around the world every month with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Build brands consumers love
Build platforms customers love
Build a company talent loves
Oath is seeking a Chief of Staff to the Partner Products & Operations at Oath. The ideal candidate will be prepared to join an exceptional, fast-paced team whose mission is to accelerate business results by providing hands-on strategic and tactical support for needle-moving initiatives across the company. This is a challenging, high-impact role that offers the opportunity to work with, learn from, and influence senior leadership across Oath and its brands and platforms.
Manage the internal and external operations of the office of the Partner Products & Operations.
Drive business-critical initiatives, particularly those that span multiple teams
Make timely, fact-based, data driven decisions and provide clear direction to teams
Partner with the Partner Products & Operations team to build the right processes and systems to ensure the organization is run effectively
Partner with the Partner Products & Operations team to drive the story and strategy of Oath and create a meaningful, fulfilling culture and community for its employees
Work with the Partner Products & Operations team and the Chief Communications Officer to accelerate buy-in and internalization of the Oath strategy throughout the company
Identify metrics-driven insights and required actions, regularly monitoring progress and ensuring timely completion
Interface and collaborate daily with C-level executives, Chiefs of Staff, and key stakeholders across the company locally and internationally
5+ years experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or in an operating role in technology, media, or advertising
Entrepreneurial leadership experience and exposure to high growth enterprises
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including comfort leading presentations and driving engagement
Proactive, motivated, and solution oriented attitude
BA/BS from a top undergraduate school
MBA or a higher degree from a leading school considered a plus
Track record of fast career progression, especially through internal promotion
Strong extracurricular interests and community involvement
Demonstrated passion for continuous learning
Cinereach is seeking a highly motivated Chief of Staff to join the operations team. The Chief of Staff will play a vital, strategic, and involved role in the organization, and is responsible for developing and executing high-level processes, communication, and procedures, as well as operational strategies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be a thought partner to senior management on the strategic deployment of operational resources to ensure that Cinereach meets its intended mission.
Cinereach is an independent film company dedicated to vital, artful filmmaking. As a philanthropic organization, Cinereach helps expand its films’ creative potential by offering adaptive development, financing, production, and other support models that align with the unique vision of each supported filmmaker. Cinereach also strives for a more sustainable film industry through targeted initiatives and strategic partnerships with like-minded organizations and commercial entities. Recent Cinereach productions and co-productions include the narrative feature films We the Animals, Sorry to Bother You, Beach Ratsand a forthcoming stop-motion feature based on Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, as well as the documentaries MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.and Brimstone & Glory. The Florida Project, Strong Island, Last Men in Aleppo, The Fits, and the Academy Award nominated films I Am Not Your Negro, Cutie and the Boxer, and Citizenfour(Best Documentary, 2015), are among over 200 Cinereach grantees across the globe. Filmmakers including Eliza Hittman, Barry Jenkins, and Terence Nance have participated in Cinereach’s year-long fellowships, and producers such as Effie Brown, Scott Macaulay, Anish Savjani, Julie Goldman, Karin Chien, and Heather Rae have received awards for their innovation and mentorship through the Cinereach producers initiative. Current not-for-profit collaborators include Sundance Institute’s Art of Nonfiction and Producing initiatives, as well as Borscht Corp. of Miami, and the Detroit Narrative Agency.
Cinereach is a multi-talented 20-person team which continues to grow and experiment. This continuous evolution often inspires a start-up mentality and requires an operations team that drives for high levels of excellence while also being nimble. This new team member will manage two operations staff members while frequently collaborating and cooperating with members of the leadership team, external consultants, and the company at large. The Chief of Staff will be in touch with every person on our team and contribute to a wide range of projects and programs.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing Cinereach’s short and long-term strategic planning process.
- Managing the operations team which coordinates all day-to-day operations matters across the various programs of the organization.
- Managing the human resource function (including drafting HR policies, designing and executing staff performance reviews, driving company culture through various retreats, inclusion & diversity initiatives).
- Assessing & strengthening operations to match the needs of Cinereach’s evolving culture and programmatic activities.
- Managing strategic initiatives and discrete projects on behalf of the Executive Director and leadership team.
The Cinereach team is driven, creative, self-directed and entrepreneurial. Motivated by the opportunity to help bring ambitious visions to life, we apply diverse skills, passions, and a collaborative spirit to our shared work. We strive to create agency with each team member and provide dedicated resources to encourage experimentation with models and approaches of support. We look to everyone on our team to actively advance our company culture and uphold our values, which include being present, being thoughtful, and ensuring trust. Most of the Cinereach staff work in a flexible, open plan office environment, which allows for both independent work and team-wide engagement.
The Ideal Candidate
For this position, the ideal candidate will be someone who strives to tackle projects head-on, is comfortable with self-direction, and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities. They will be exceptionally organized and have excellent communication skills. The candidate will have an affinity for independent films, be driven to innovate and build in both small and significant ways and be looking to join a passionate, mission-driven team. Previous experience as a Chief of Staff (or similar role) in a mission-driven or media organization, as well as knowledge and experience in strategic planning, operations, and human resources, are required.
Background & Qualifications
- (Required) 10 years of strategic, operational management experience with exposure to a similar or adjacent industry and rapid growth culture.
- (Preferred) Experience in a human resource function.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a variety of personalities and communication styles within and outside the organization and at all organizational levels.
- A proactive, solutions-oriented self-starter who possesses a flexible, pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Able to multitask under pressure, highly organized as well as both detail and process-oriented.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen interest in philanthropy and/or the independent film industry.
This is a full-time salaried position at our New York City office. We offer a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and employer-matching 401k plan. Cinereach also provides professional development funds to support self-directed, professional growth. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
Cinereach is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, along with your resume.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations Management: 10 years
Required work authorization:
- United States