Here are sample job advertisements for these types of roles:
Franchise Business Coach – Rainbow International
We are looking for a Franchise Consultant to join our Rainbow International team! The objective of the Franchise Consultant (FC) is to provide technical, operational and marketing guidance and support to Rainbow International franchise owners. This is to be done through introducing support tools the company has developed, and by assisting them in recognizing the need to use and implement these tools in order for the franchisees to establish and maintain a successful level of business. The FC is to become the first level of expertise for Franchise Support Systems.
- Maintain regular contact with franchise owners through yearly site visits, weekly telephone contact and monthly business reviews while documenting all correspondence in required business software. Keep franchise owners motivated, focused and informed of key company changes.
- Assist in the facilitation of phase training to promote a successful launch for all franchisees.
- Provide a technical resource to franchise owners. Respond to technical questions regarding the service provided and assist in problem resolution. Assist franchise owners in navigating customer complaints.
- Encourage the franchise owner to stay focused on the financial aspects of the business to thoroughly understand their financial needs.
- Provide the franchisee guidance, tools, and resources to effectively maintain staffing levels for their business.
- Coordinate field training with Company training resources. Coordinate regional workshops and assist with Reunion planning. Assist in revising and improving training materials.
- Provide support and input to the legal department on issues involving territorial disputes and other legal issues.
- Act, as liaison between customers and franchisees as needed to resolve problems and quantify customer satisfaction.
- Provide guidance to the franchisee in implementing, selling and marketing programs designed to profitably grow revenue.
- When required, work with the accounting and compliance department to assist with collecting any payments and required documentation and certifications owed the concept by the franchisee.
- Provide the franchisee guidance in the implementation of estimating and business operating software.
- Provide operational input on the various aspects of the concept.
- Perform other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classification other than their own.
- Must have some basic computer skills and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to be comfortable in dealing with business mathematics, particularly in reading and understanding financial statements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Communicate clearly and precisely in verbal and written forms to employees, franchise owners, prospective franchise owners and vendors.
- The incumbent must have personal personality and behavioral characteristics that provide for an evenhanded approach to problem resolution.
- The desire and ability to organize the basic elements of projects and direct their overall successful execution.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- This position could require up to 25% of travel for site visits, company functions, conferences and tradeshows.
Education & Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
Experience: Five (5) or more years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to stand, sit at an office space, see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. The Associate is exposed to typical office working conditions. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Franchise Business Coach – Northeast
Denny’s is seeking a Franchise Business Coach in the Northeast. We are open to candidates in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, or Maine. The Franchise Business Coach position is a key member of an effective operations organization that seeks to continually enhance franchisees capabilities to maximize sales, increase guest count, grow market share, encourage unit growth, and create/maintain a hospitality focused business model. This position provides consultative leadership, including coaching, teaching, and partnering with franchisees, their operator(s), and restaurant teams in their assigned business unit/territory to ensure continuous improvement, restaurant excellence, and consistency.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Focus heavily on the improvement of Priority Restaurants, Priority Franchisees, & Priority DMA’s including collaborating on the development of business plans designed to achieve measurable growth and improvement in the pursuit of restaurant excellence
- Perform well planned, purposeful, high impact visits with franchisees and/or operators inside an assigned business unit
- Conducts Denny’s Pride Restaurant Reviews for continuous improvement, including collaborating with and coaching franchisees on self-assessments
- Provides coaching & guidance to restaurant teams, multi-unit leaders and Franchisees on the execution of Denny’s brand standards and operational tools & systems
- Consistently possesses, maintains and demonstrates expert level knowledge of Denny’s brand standards, recipes, procedures, and operational tools & systems
- Consults with appropriate operations leaders and other departments to identify additional support and training needs to improve gaps in restaurant operations
- Validates that Denny’s training tools, management training/development programs, and certification programs are being utilized
- Builds valuable relationships with and acts as a liaison between other Denny’s teams and the franchisee such as field marketing, training, and new restaurant opening teams, utilizing their resources and knowledge
- Partner closely with facilities, marketing, and franchisees to ensure successful remodel plans are executed
- Works closely with the New Restaurant Opening Team and Franchisees to ensure successful new restaurant openings and closely monitors post opening performance, acting upon trends or needs
- Monitors Brand Protection Reviews and Health Department inspections
- Complete facilities review checklist as necessary or at appropriate intervals
- Protects the Denny’s Brand and Guests by following up during all restaurant visits on food safety standards and practices
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Multi-Unit experience or equivalent operations experience in the restaurant or hospitality industries is preferred
- Prior experience as a franchise business consultant, trainer or operations consultant is desirable
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Food Safety Manager Certificate
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to maintain composure in a high stress situations
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills
- Excellent oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills with proficiency in the English language
- The ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Understands and appreciates diversity and shows respect for others
- Solid financial and business acumen
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail
- Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
- Ability to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must be able to work with all Denny’s menu products
- The ability to drive, stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas
- Must be able to lift a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. and place items on high and low shelves in office, store rooms, service areas, walk-in coolers and freezers
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, days, and evenings, as required
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 90%), including overnight stays and airline travel when applicable
Sr. Business Coach, CT
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in account or relationship management, small business logistics, or retail/vendor/supplier management.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, particularly in delivering constructive feedback and working through complex issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing and developing relationships.
- Willingness to travel (~2-3 days/week); the role is based out of our New York office, but the Candidate must be flexible with hours and travel to support the portfolio of assigned DSP owners as needed.
Equal parts advisor and operating partner, Amazon’s team of Business Coaches assist and guide our Delivery Service Partner (DSP) business owners as they build and grow successful last mile package delivery businesses during a transformational time.
The Senior Business Coach finds and executes value-creation opportunities and manages the DSP relationship across the entire lifecycle of the business. As trusted advisors, Senior Business Coaches work alongside DSPs to help solve their biggest challenges at a programmatic level; influence their business planning and strategy; and look around corners to identify obstacles and recommend solutions, ensuring DSP owners make effective business decisions and are setup for success.
Our Senior Business Coaches are leaders and collaborators. They are analytical and creative; deadline-driven, organized and able to multi-task; and have strong interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to earn trust, inspire others, and be empathetic. You’ll be at the center of cross-functional teams, all working together to deliver the highest quality experience to Amazon customers.
If you’re a dynamic, organized self-starter who’s ready to partner with our DSP owners as they launch and scale their business in one of the fastest growing industries in the world, we’d like to talk with you. Curious? Good, that’s one of our Leadership Principles! Discover more about the opportunity below.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Senior Business Coach, you will partner with 20-40 DSP owners assigned to delivery stations across the CT region. You’ll work closely with a portfolio of owners at different stages as they set strategy, help drive accountability and engagement, and motivate and track key performance metrics. You’ll collaborate with an integrated internal team of Station Operations Managers, Program Managers, and Compliance and Finance personnel to ensure owners launch and scale their business in compliance with program requirements. Together, you’ll provide best-in-class support for owners by removing obstacles and improving financial, operational, and safety practices at the network level. You’ll accomplish this by analyzing problems, discovering insights, delivering recommendations, and driving change both internally and externally.
On a daily basis, Senior Business Coaches are responsible for:
- Supporting owners as they onboard to the program and prepare to launch.
- Guiding owners as they scale their business and manage operational issues, ensuring they have resources in place to effectively ramp-up operations and prepare for peak periods.
- Coordinating Business and Financial Health Reviews to discuss business performance and new opportunities, as well as to provide benchmarking data and insights.
- Identifying workflow inefficiencies and working to formulate and implement operational improvements at the network level and to improve the individual DSP owner experience.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We seek customer-obsessed, detail-oriented individuals with a wide range of academic backgrounds, work experiences, and perspectives. Senior Business Coaches should have the curiosity to ask the right questions, the ability to collaborate with DSPs and colleagues, and the leadership to transform ideas into action. The right candidate will enjoy developing and improving processes, leveraging data and analytics, assessing root causes, and providing insights to help DSP owners drive strong business results. Successful candidates:
- Are highly organized and thrive in a dynamic environment with the ability to set and adjust priorities independently.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability to build trust and develop relationships.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with various stakeholders and are comfortable managing by influence.
- Uses expertise and judgment to select stakeholders to determine the right goals, inform decisions, and design long-term solutions. Someone who is able to deliver independently and take the lead on local initiatives.
- Able to work both tactically and strategically. Determines the strategy and where to simplify or extend solutions for the best outcome. Drives the use of best practices.
- Able to handle complex problems/efforts, decisions, and escalations. Must be able to mitigate long-term risks and find a path forward in difficult situations.
- Are able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in account or relationship management, small business logistics, or retail/vendor/supplier management.
- MBA or other advanced graduate degree.
- International Coach Federation Credentialed (ACC/PCC/MCC).
- Last Mile, Operations, and/or small parcel packaging experience.
- Experience working with or owning a small business.
ABOUT AMAZON LOGISTICS
At Amazon Logistics (AMZL), our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small independent delivery businesses (Delivery Service Providers) and the independent contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. Utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our Delivery Station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their final destination as efficiently as possible.